Poll: Would You Shoot Enemies Helping Their Wounded?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Your best bet would to wound the other soldiers also. Wounded soldiers cost resources that add to attrition far more then dead ones do. Ideally you shoot to maim not to kill.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
No, I wouldn't shoot them, mainly because I'd be to fucking shocked that a developer was able to program a AI that actually HELPED its comrades.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
In games, any time seeing how that medic will probably just go trololol and shoot me if I let him help his teammate back to safety. In real life, never, just cruel murder if you do that.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
IMO shooting a non-combatant is deplorable.

I would not do it, although I would shoot the soldier they're helping if he's still shooting.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
tehroc said:
Your best bet would to wound the other soldiers also. Wounded soldiers cost resources that add to attrition far more then dead ones do. Ideally you shoot to maim not to kill.
This is what I was trying and failing to say in my above post.
The more wounded, the less recources they can use to screw you over with.
The more money that goes into hospitals, the less money goes into guns and fuel and bombs.
War is expensive.

Streaky Haddock

May 19, 2009
Video Games? Probably.

In reality, I'd like to think I wouldn't target medics. Not only are medics usually non-combatants (if they are shooting at me, fuck them they can die) and people who are wounded generally stop giving a shit about fighting and just want to get taken care of. So no. Also if I do start shooting medics, that shit's eventually gonna get out and then it's gonna fly, making my cause/country/name less reputable and people are going to be less inclined to help me.
But I have never been in such a situation myself so I honestly can't say for sure what i'd do.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I would refuse to participate in a war under someone's orders. I am a citizen of the Russian Federation, yet I am not listed anywhere. Neither Greece nor Russia may have me at their disposal, therefore, I refuse to be enlisted in any army. I believe it is degrading for me as a human being.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
In a video game? Sure, the medic dies first. In reality, I would likely shoot a medic to draw out even more soldiers to rescue that medic, but they end up dying.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
If the enemy are conscripted soldiers and I feel they do the same for me I wouldn't shoot. If they're volunters then I would - they or (or should know) what they sign up for when they join an army.

VaderMan92

Sep 9, 2010
that depends if I'm fighting a honorable enemy who is just fighting for their country (then I wouldn't) If i was fighting a bunch of religious fanatics whose sole goal was to kill me and as many of my friends as possible then its murdering time.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm a pacifist so my answer is no, I wouldn't shoot anyone ever. Wounded, saving anyone who's wounded, armed and ready. I would shoot none of those. I might have been able to show someone who was going to kill me, but I'm not even sure if I could do that, even if it only meant wounding him.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i once wrote a 3 page statement why i would never touch a gun to kill people.
But since this was to get out of military service: in a gears of war scenario i probably would since this is all or nothing for both sides.

oh if this is just about games: fuck yeah

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Don't see how it would serve any useful purpose in terms of the war effort. Heck, if you let them take that man back to a field camp, they will spend more money getting him stabilized.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
if they have a big red cross on them, no

otherwise i believe it is the point to kill them in war. So i would shoot them in the open.

Do the front-line sniper thing, wounding an enemy is much better than outright killing them. Especially in a squad. 1 guy wounded incapacitates 3 men.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
I think you can be court martialed for shooting a displayed medic on purpose

The red cross is kind of a universal "don't shoot us because we will give medical service to anyone we find"....in theory anyway

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
if they have a big red cross on them, no

otherwise i believe it is the point to kill them in war. So i would shoot them in the open.

Do the front-line sniper thing, wounding an enemy is much better than outright killing them. Especially in a squad. 1 guy wounded incapacitates 3 men.

More so

two guys to help him back to base
A medic to patch him up
a hospital bed
Medical equipment

Plus shoot a guy in the right place and you can take them out of a war without killing them at all

Sorry....dad was a sniper

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
In videogames, fuck yeah I would!
In real life, still fuck yeah I would! Why should I let them take their wounded back to the field hospital, get patched up, and be back a few weeks, or months depending on a bad the injury is, later and shooting me or one of my guys?