Poll: Would You Shoot Enemies Helping Their Wounded?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
well arent im the one who wounded them in the first time? just an oportunity as i see it...

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
In real combat I would take out the solders with out issues. But I would not shoot the medics, I see the red cross as a no shoot him marker.

After all why elase would someone have a big red cross on there body.

Sanglyon

Apr 3, 2009
Well, at least 40% of those who answered this poll are potential war criminal and/or liable to martial court, and 29% are on the fence.

Edit: Op edited to say "only in video games"
In a video game, it depends of the settings. If I'm playing a barbaric warrior in a 300 like setting, I might, it fit the era and character. If I'm playing a modern day soldier, no.

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
Killing medics or severly wounded soldiers is a war crime. I would not fire upon either unless they were firing at me first or presented a direct threat to my life.

Not PvP Flagged

Mar 7, 2011
In a video game, hell yeah I would, especially in a game where you don't respawn. But in real life, it would depend mainly on if they saw me and started attacking me for any reason, then yeah I would shoot back, but most likely I wouldn't shoot.

Lood NL

Mar 13, 2011
Medics bearing a red cross are neutral and have sworn to aid the wounded, no matter which side they're on. I really wouldn't shoot them, because they don't attack us or pick sides. If they were regular medical units, it would depend on if i were a soldier of an invading country, peace troops or defending my country from invading countries. If I were part of the invading country I probably wouldn't, if I was part of peace troops or defending my country I would probably shoot because they'd have to surrender way faster if their troops needed medical assistance.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
razelas said:
I'm not talking about Gears of War where soldiers just tap the wounded guy and they're in, or downing a guy and using him as bait. I'm talking about, in the heat of the moment, 2-3 enemy soldiers hauling some wounded soldier out of your gunsights. Or 2 unprotected enemies (with medic red crosses) carrying a wounded guy in a stretcher. I'm not sure if any game has this feature, besides the up and coming Battlefield 3 (and even then it's only person dragging the guy).

Tbh, I would probably hesitate, especially if I heard the wounded guy screaming.

[sub]Edit[/sub] Poll is a bit glitchy...

[sub]Edit2[/sub] I'm not talking about in real life, just in video games.
Dont leave wounded. Problem solved.

Really though, you dont shoot an unarmed medic. An armed medic you kill. He is a soldier with extra training, nothing more. An unarmed medic should be spared. He does you no harm

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
In video games? You bet. They'd shoot me too if the roles were reversed. I'm not gonna let them heal their guy, then take the chance of getting gang-raped.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
In Video games, yes. in real life, not medics and I would only shoot a wounded soldier if he was holding a weapon.

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
I would only fire upon them if they were armed, even then i'd probably hesitate. In real life that is. In videogames? Damn right i would, Bad company 2 is a good example why: the medics have a great weapon, and can heal/instantly revive everyone near them, that is what you call a priority target my friends, but ONLY in videogames would I follow that rule.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Chances are he's out of the fight if he needs to be tended too. If the feature is just there to tug on the heartstrings then I won't pull the trigger. If there's a chance he'll come back to kill me 10 seconds later then I'll shoot him and not the medics. They start firing at me they're dead too.

thelastgentleman

Sep 16, 2010
razelas said:
thelastgentleman said:
This poll stat. sickens me. Im in the medical field and I have worked with plenty of field officers. So what im about to say comes from a very close and knowledgeable source achem...NO FIELD SURGEON, PRIEST, OR MEDIC IS ALLOWED TO CARRY A WEAPON!!!!! (if you follow the Geneva Convention...if not SAME ON YOU!!!) would you really harm a person whose only job is to heal???
Same on you Escapists I am dissapint :( Even if they come back to harm you in the future can we have no humanity? Even in War?
I should point out that the poll doesn't specifically mention medics.
Yes however the percentage of infantry men who would help the wounded is next to nothing. Modern Tactics would not allow it (moving a wounded is different from treating them). Only medics have the equipment and know how to "treat" a wounded individual. Let it also be known that all medics at least in the U.S are charged to treat all individuals who fall in their realm including the enemy. If there is time, supplies, and the situation is stable enough a medic is under oath to "treat" all those injured. So really you would shoot a man who not only is harmless, but could possibly help your own men?

D33dl3

Jan 19, 2011
well since we're talking in game here .... yup definitely shoot them, no reason not to.

They rescue him and return him to the fight and or start shooting at me themselves when back in cover.

....although depending on the enemy I may just shoot to injure .... annd draw out more of they're friends

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
razelas said:
I'm not talking about Gears of War where soldiers just tap the wounded guy and they're in, or downing a guy and using him as bait. I'm talking about, in the heat of the moment, 2-3 enemy soldiers hauling some wounded soldier out of your gunsights. Or 2 unprotected enemies (with medic red crosses) carrying a wounded guy in a stretcher. I'm not sure if any game has this feature, besides the up and coming Battlefield 3 (and even then it's only person dragging the guy).

Tbh, I would probably hesitate, especially if I heard the wounded guy screaming.

[sub]Edit[/sub] Poll is a bit glitchy...

[sub]Edit2[/sub] I'm not talking about in real life, just in video games.
well damn buddy. You had a nice moral choice topic goin on. In video games there aren't any morals, so shooting them is a must because, chances are unless they're dead, you can't continue to the next objective

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Under a strict clause of, its a video game. I know they'll heal that soldier in two seconds then I've got three or four opponents to deal with, ergo I take them all down in one blast leaving me with the opportunity to win the game.