Poll: Would you support a human Genophage?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
nackertash said:
FalloutJack said:
Only under the express stipulation that it's all about getting rid of the terminally idiotic. And by that, I mean people who have far too many DUH moments in life when they shouldn't.
When I become The First King of Earth I plan on getting all the idiots in a big sports hall and just spraying into them with automatic weapons to pass the time.

I would say vote for me but there will be no voting involved.
Give me the job of Royal Creative Death Designer and I'll help with the insurrection.

Who says being a sadist isn't funny?

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
If it was the FINAL chance for mankind? Perhaps. But aside from overpopulation, there are a billion reasons why we need to adapt for life in other environments - underwater, on the moon, on other planets, whatever - as well as alternate ways to farm and create power. A genophage would not eradicate those other issues, like peak oil, colony collapse disorder, climate change, and all the other things that might be hypothetical, or might be the reason humanity comes to an abrupt end.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
El.Cojone.Grande said:
Imperius said:
Howver, if you employ something like this genophage, then you will have to target areas where birthrates are high. Third world countries especially in the Middle East.
Mmm, the ethical issues of targeting individual demographics, no matter the reason tend to get a very messy. I'd argue for something completely free of human judgement
I think that is called "Plague". The original population limiter :p

Pierce Graham

Jun 1, 2011
It would depend. If there was no other option and we'd have no room anymore, yes. But odds are by the time overpopulation would become a problem, we'll be able to colonize other worlds, and we'll have plenty of room.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
Tipsy Giant said:
nah, we just need to rid the world of religion, that would result in birth control and boom smaller families
1:that's not even clever
2:there's more than one religion(I'm geussing you think all religions are Christianity/catholicism]
3:that's not how anything in the world works.
I am mainly talking about Catholicism although all organised religion is pointless.
Missionaries were sent to third world countries to indoctrinate the people with superstition.
Third world countries have overpopulation as they are told they will go to hell if the use birth control.

Stop me if i'm wrong

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Again with the space colonization crap.

Trust me, that shit is never going to happen. And if it does, pity the poor bastards who are choosen to live on another planet.

I'm not worried about overpopulation in the slightest. Nature always has a way of balancing things out, whether it's through a plague or starvation.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Its not a problem of overpopulation. Its a problem of population density. Level some mountains with bombs and build more houses there. Whats a mountain going to do for us anyways besides look pretty on a postcard? (postcards are useless now with the internet anyways)

We need to adapt the land thats unlivable first to support communities before we make half the planet infertile.

Also, we have a planet covered in water......why not make some floating island cities?

Maybe its just the sci-fi fan in me going off, but it seems like a waste of planet.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Tipsy Giant said:
werewolfsfury said:
Tipsy Giant said:
nah, we just need to rid the world of religion, that would result in birth control and boom smaller families
1:that's not even clever
2:there's more than one religion(I'm geussing you think all religions are Christianity/catholicism]
3:that's not how anything in the world works.
I am mainly talking about Catholicism although all organised religion is pointless.
Missionaries were sent to third world countries to indoctrinate the people with superstition.
Third world countries have overpopulation as they are told they will go to hell if the use birth control.

Stop me if i'm wrong
i'm probably not going to change your opinion over the internet but it's a bit foolish to just blame religion on high birth rates not every country with lots of people is a 3rd world country or even catholic for that matter. and just saying religion is the problem is just using that as a scapegoat

nackertash

Feb 14, 2009
FalloutJack said:
nackertash said:
FalloutJack said:
Only under the express stipulation that it's all about getting rid of the terminally idiotic. And by that, I mean people who have far too many DUH moments in life when they shouldn't.
When I become The First King of Earth I plan on getting all the idiots in a big sports hall and just spraying into them with automatic weapons to pass the time.

I would say vote for me but there will be no voting involved.
Give me the job of Royal Creative Death Designer and I'll help with the insurrection.

Who says being a sadist isn't funny?
I like you're style, welcome aboard.

Just remember that your survival is based on whether you are more entertaining to kill or more entertaining to be allowed to live.

I DEMAND INNOVATIVE AND ENTERTAINING SLAUGHTER.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I think trying to control the population is a bit of a leap in measures to save our resources.