Poll: Yet Another God Damn My Little Pony Thread

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
MarkusWolfe said:
I don't find myself wanting to talk about shows that often. I'm not a 'TV person'. And even if I do, I'll put on my wading boots and mumble to myself as I wade through the shit, just as I would if I had to walk through a sewer. However, with the ponies properly contained, I won't have a motivation to ragepost.
So what you're saying is The Escapist should bow to your needs and go through the headache of writing up the HTML code for a new forums then asking the moderators for help to sift through the Off-Topic section to find all the TV related threads and move them into there.

I think the easier thing would be to not get your knickers in a twist and ignore the threads you don't like.
It's the sign of a strong mind to deal with the things you don't like in life.
And making them go away is a pretty good way of dealing with them, no? Besides, there are numerous benefits to having a TV subforum. The mere existence of a sub-forum serves as an icebreaker that encourages more threads on that specific subject. More threads on all TV, including your ponies. Isn't that exactly what you want?
Sure, just tell the mods. I'm sure they'd be delighted to entertain your new ideas when they mean overhauling the forum system just so you don't have to see ponies. Confound those ponies!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
To all of the people who this may concern, specifically the people who are complaining about the glut of MLP threads made by fans.

It's one thread.
One current active thread. This very thread you're posting on and reading this comment. Now, divert your eyes to the links below.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278685
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.275196
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278343
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.279070
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.269432

Here are 5 recently active MLP threads. All made by people who don't understand why people like the show, not the fans.
Now, obviously these threads will be filled up by MLP fans as they are trying to explain why they like the show and why it may appeal to others.

Now, tell me this.

How hard is it for you to simply ignore the threads?
How hard is it for you to simply glance at the title, dismiss it and forget about it?
How hard is it for you to simply let others talk about what they like?

It's the internet.
It's in a section of a website called "Off-Topic."
It's pretty fucking harmless as craze threads go and it's about as irritating as a soothing bath.

Now, to everyone which the above also applies to, just back away from the MLP thread and let. It. Die.

Thank you for reading and probably totally ignoring.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
Sure, just tell the mods. I'm sure they'd be delighted to entertain your new ideas when they mean overhauling the forum system just so you don't have to see ponies. Confound those ponies!
This isn't about me. This is about everyone who doesn't like what you like. And like I said, sub-forums encourage more discussion on a specific topic. This is no different than the religion and politics section.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
The Great Googly said:
Also being "cooler" in your eyes isnt high on my list of "coolguy" priorities. Sorry
Can't be too much in your coolguy priorities when all your time is spent insulting other people.

Sassafrass said:
Don't worry. I saw it. Don't think I'm the one it's meant for though...

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Incidentally...

Minecraft forum. Pony thread. [http://www.minecraftforum.net.external.v.vkachalka.ru/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178273&start=1830&sid=742b4490687545150f34aabdadb830d1]

NINETY-SIX PAGES. OF PONIES.
Frankly, you're getting a great deal here at The Escapist.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
This isn't about me. This is about everyone who doesn't like what you like. And like I said, sub-forums encourage more discussion on a specific topic. This is no different than the religion and politics section.
You know, I don't much like fighter games. Does that mean that, with the release of new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom games, they get a new sub-forum? Or perhaps I could, you know, not enter threads about them just so I can stamp around and repeatedly proclaim my previously described dislike?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
MarkusWolfe said:
This is no different than the religion and politics section.
A fairly recent, and comparatively quiet subsection; made because religion threads were practically congealing on Page One.

You know, like MLP threads aren't.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
You know, I don't much like fighter games. Does that mean that, with the release of new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom games, they get a new sub-forum? Or perhaps I could, you know, not enter threads about them just so I can stamp around and repeatedly proclaim my previously described dislike?
Do you hate them with a burning passion? Does the very sight of a screenshot fill you with a burning irritation? If so, go right ahead. Just be ready to deal with the consequences.

And technically, it would be a sub-sub-forum, as games already have their own sub-forum.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
And making them go away is a pretty good way of dealing with them, no? Besides, there are numerous benefits to having a TV subforum. The mere existence of a sub-forum serves as an icebreaker that encourages more threads on that specific subject. More threads on all TV, including your ponies. Isn't that exactly what you want?
You really don't understand how much of a pain it is for them to overhaul the forums, furthermore last time I checked what they use here at The Escapist doesn't support sub-forums so it'd really be a whole forum of it's own.
Unnecessary. FACT.
Just deal with this pony thing going on and ignore the threads; it's really not that hard.

Loop Stricken said:
Incidentally...

Minecraft forum. Pony thread. [http://www.minecraftforum.net.external.v.vkachalka.ru/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178273&start=1830&sid=742b4490687545150f34aabdadb830d1]

NINETY-SIX PAGES. OF PONIES.
Frankly, you're getting a great deal here at The Escapist.
Ffffttt....
Damn it! I have my Exit Project for college to do and you link me to this? Now I'm gonna be scrolling through that all night.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
MarkusWolfe said:
Do you hate them with a burning passion? Does the very sight of a screenshot fill you with a burning irritation?
... so much so that you hang around those sights for literally hours?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
The Great Googly said:
Easton Dark said:
The Great Googly said:
Also being "cooler" in your eyes isnt high on my list of "coolguy" priorities. Sorry
Can't be too much in your coolguy priorities when all your time is spent insulting other people.
ah. Ye olde fanboy response, "if you dont accept what i like as the most awesomest thing evar" than you are insulting me.

thats new.
You're acting cute I see

The Great Googly said:
This is a really obnoxious FAD that all these impressionable young sheep are latching onto.

The maturity level has gone down dramatically on the escapist lately.
I seem to be an immature sheep.

Edit: I'm also a fanboy now. Cool.

The Great Googly said:
i dont watch little kids shows im not 10)
You just wont stop.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Sassafrass said:
To all of the people who this may concern, specifically the people who are complaining about the glut of MLP threads made by fans.

It's one thread.
One current active thread. This very thread you're posting on and reading this comment. Now, divert your eyes to the links below.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278685
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.275196
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278343
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.279070
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.269432

Here are 5 recently active MLP threads. All made by people who don't understand why people like the show, not the fans.
Now, obviously these threads will be filled up by MLP fans as they are trying to explain why they like the show and why it may appeal to others.

Now, tell me this.

How hard is it for you to simply ignore the threads?
How hard is it for you to simply glance at the title, dismiss it and forget about it?
How hard is it for you to simply let others talk about what they like?

It's the internet.
It's in a section of a website called "Off-Topic."
It's pretty fucking harmless as craze threads go and it's about as irritating as a soothing bath.

Now, to everyone which the above also applies to, just back away from the MLP thread and let. It. Die.

I like this guy and agree with him.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Do you hate them with a burning passion? Does the very sight of a screenshot fill you with a burning irritation? If so, go right ahead. Just be ready to deal with the consequences.

And technically, it would be a sub-sub-forum, as games already have their own sub-forum.
You know, you seem to have crossed the line from pony-hater to evangelical anti-pony preacher. Have you considered a career in the adeptus-ministorum? Your repeated use of the phrase "burning" makes you a prime candidate. Are you driven into a mindless rage by images such as, say, this one?

Then take up your torch and pitchfork, because you're quite clealy insane.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
MarkusWolfe said:
Do you hate them with a burning passion? Does the very sight of a screenshot fill you with a burning irritation?
... so much so that you hang around those sights for literally hours?
Why am I reminded of the song "Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame? Is it because people are describing their urge to burn ponies while simultaneously secretly lusting for them?

That burning irritation? There's a word for that. You'll find out about it when you're older.

SkyrimOrBust

Apr 23, 2011
New idea;

How about we delete ALL pony threads that currently exist. PURGE them. Destroy them completely.

Then, we create ONE, and only ONE major pony thread in which all Pony discussion will be centered (like the pony topic on the Minecraft forums).

Haters can't complain about it being all over the place, we don't need to make another sub-forum, and if any haters still bother us...

well...

We'll give 'em the 'ol... surprise visit....