Poll: Yet Another God Damn My Little Pony Thread

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
The Great Googly said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Sure, just tell the mods. I'm sure they'd be delighted to entertain your new ideas when they mean overhauling the forum system just so you don't have to see ponies. Confound those ponies!
This isn't about me. This is about everyone who doesn't like what you like. And like I said, sub-forums encourage more discussion on a specific topic. This is no different than the religion and politics section.
You know, I don't much like fighter games. Does that mean that, with the release of new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom games, they get a new sub-forum? Or perhaps I could, you know, not enter threads about them just so I can stamp around and repeatedly proclaim my previously described dislike?
You know all im trying to do is show you and your ilk that you are repeating topics(breaking forum rules) and annoying other forum members (rude and inconsiderate).

As fans of a little kids show. Doesnt MLP teach you to follow the rules and be kind and considerate of others? Thats the kind of stuff little kids shows teach i thought? (i personally wouldnt know i dont watch little kids shows im not 10)
You're preaching to us about being rude and inconsiderate? Seriously? We like this show, if someone asked questions about said show, we'll talk about it, if people hate on it, we'll talk about it, DEAL WITH IT.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
SkyrimOrBust said:
New idea;

How about we delete ALL pony threads that currently exist. PURGE them. Destroy them completely.

Then, we create ONE, and only ONE major pony thread in which all Pony discussion will be centered (like the pony topic on the Minecraft forums).

Haters can't complain about it being all over the place, we don't need to make another sub-forum, and if any haters still bother us...

well...

We'll give 'em the 'ol... surprise visit....

I like the way you think. Let's implement this.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Internet Voice of Reason
Hoooray for Voice of Reason! Very nice post Sassafrass, High Five! (And awesome Avatar, been meaning to comment on that for a while)

Well, since that's all been settled (or not), and my Doctor Who fix is settled til next week (*twitch*), let's get back on topic with a simple posting of....

6 Reasons Pinkie Pie is Awesome!!1

... damn. I was hoping the pink would show up better. But using 'Backspace' teh hard, so lets move on!

Reason 1: She so craaazy.
- Really, is there any need to elaborate?

Reason 2: If there's something that can be expressed via Song, she's yer Pony!
- I mean, like, wouldn't life just be better if music would spontaneously play when we felt like singing?

Raison 3: Pinkie is soooo Pink!
- Because Pink is Awesome. I have a pink tie. It goes well with more than a few of my shirts.

Reason 4: MARACAS!
- ... and Tuba. Oh, let's not forget the Accordian!

Reason 5: She can ICE SKATE on her HEAD!
- Who the hell saw that coming?!

Reason 6: She's an Amish Rock Farmer.
- Rock Farming is serious business. Rock Farming is cool.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
The Great Googly said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Sure, just tell the mods. I'm sure they'd be delighted to entertain your new ideas when they mean overhauling the forum system just so you don't have to see ponies. Confound those ponies!
This isn't about me. This is about everyone who doesn't like what you like. And like I said, sub-forums encourage more discussion on a specific topic. This is no different than the religion and politics section.
You know, I don't much like fighter games. Does that mean that, with the release of new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom games, they get a new sub-forum? Or perhaps I could, you know, not enter threads about them just so I can stamp around and repeatedly proclaim my previously described dislike?
You know all im trying to do is show you and your ilk that you are repeating topics(breaking forum rules) and annoying other forum members (rude and inconsiderate).

As fans of a little kids show. Doesnt MLP teach you to follow the rules and be kind and considerate of others? Thats the kind of stuff little kids shows teach i thought? (i personally wouldnt know i dont watch little kids shows im not 10)
It's funny because:

A: I'm not purposefully supporting multiple pony threads.
and
B: I don't watch My Little Pony for lessons on morals, so I can argue my point as much as I like irrelevant of what you'd like. But to actually follow the lessons put down in episode 5, "Griffon the Brush Off", here is a final opportunity for you to become part of our happy community by watching an episode:
It's either that, or I use a metaphorical joy-buzzer on you.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
The Great Googly said:
You know all im trying to do is show you and your ilk that you are repeating topics(breaking forum rules) and annoying other forum members (rude and inconsiderate)
Not unlike what you're doing now.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The Great Googly said:
You know all im trying to do is show you and your ilk that you are ... annoying other forum members (rude and inconsiderate).
Because it's not like you're doing that or anything.
The Great Googly said:
(i personally wouldnt know i dont watch little kids shows im not 10)
Oh, wait. Yes you are. You're doing it with backhanded, snide comment like that one.

Have fun drowning in your hatred. I, on the other hand, am going to continue enoying a television show that genuinely makes me happy.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The Great Googly said:

A noble goal even if you did descent into vitriol at the end there. Have a tissue, clean yourself up.

The problem, of course, is that you seem to be attacking windmills under the assumption that they are dragons.
Need I remind you, ONE ACTIVE THREAD. And the only people being put out by them have been sitting in those self-same threads for hours, of their own volition.

it is not the remit of the MLP fandom to cure stupidity and masochism.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Wuffykins said:
Right, that's all fine and good, but when compared to Fluttershy's singing voice, Pinkie is woefully inept.
Not to mention Fluttershy is the only one capable of stopping every single mythological creature they've come across. Seriously, half petrified and she still manages to make the cockatrice wuss out? Who else but Fluttershy?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
MarkusWolfe said:
So you know what? If we can't agree on a solution, I'm going to make this so miserable for everyone involved that it's no longer worth it for the people who enjoy it. Then I won't have to put up with this anymore.

Feel free to do the same to me.
You're on probation.
We're not.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Sassafrass said:
To all of the people who this may concern, specifically the people who are complaining about the glut of MLP threads made by fans.

It's one thread.
One current active thread. This very thread you're posting on and reading this comment. Now, divert your eyes to the links below.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278685
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.275196
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278343
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.279070
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.269432

Here are 5 recently active MLP threads. All made by people who don't understand why people like the show, not the fans.
Now, obviously these threads will be filled up by MLP fans as they are trying to explain why they like the show and why it may appeal to others.

Now, tell me this.

How hard is it for you to simply ignore the threads?
How hard is it for you to simply glance at the title, dismiss it and forget about it?
How hard is it for you to simply let others talk about what they like?

It's the internet.
It's in a section of a website called "Off-Topic."
It's pretty fucking harmless as craze threads go and it's about as irritating as a soothing bath.

Now, to everyone which the above also applies to, just back away from the MLP thread and let. It. Die.

Thank you for reading and probably totally ignoring.
Agreed with entirely. There have been a total of about five or six pony threads over the last couple days. Most fell off the first page pretty quick or kind of limped along without much activity, only be occasionally bumped up like most slow threads. This is compared to other sites where there are several very active threads per day or one constant thread that gets alot of activity.

But apparently we're taking up space in the Off-Topic section so that people can talk about zombie clones, their sex life, and public breastfeeding. So it's best that we just all leave this area entirely because a couple people are too annoyed to simply ignore us and have to post.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The Great Googly said:

Sassafrass said:
To all of the people who this may concern, specifically the people who are complaining about the glut of MLP threads made by fans.

It's one thread.
One current active thread. This very thread you're posting on and reading this comment. Now, divert your eyes to the links below.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278685
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.275196
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.278343
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.279070
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.269432

Here are 5 recently active MLP threads. All made by people who don't understand why people like the show, not the fans.
Now, obviously these threads will be filled up by MLP fans as they are trying to explain why they like the show and why it may appeal to others.

Now, tell me this.

How hard is it for you to simply ignore the threads?
How hard is it for you to simply glance at the title, dismiss it and forget about it?
How hard is it for you to simply let others talk about what they like?

It's the internet.
It's in a section of a website called "Off-Topic."
It's pretty fucking harmless as craze threads go and it's about as irritating as a soothing bath.

Now, to everyone which the above also applies to, just back away from the MLP thread and let. It. Die.

Thank you for reading and probably totally ignoring.
Nice to see my intended target of my original post here totally disregarded it.
Seriously, check the links. Then seriously tell me that it's the fans spamming threads about MLP. Seriously, I'll wait here while you go and read them, go on.

Oh and also, the part where you say they are annoying forum members? Pot, meet kettle. You're annoying them as uch as they're annoying you, ya know?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
You know, you seem to have crossed the line from pony-hater to evangelical anti-pony preacher. Have you considered a career in the adeptus-ministorum? Your repeated use of the phrase "burning" makes you a prime candidate. Are you driven into a mindless rage by images such as, say, this one?

Then take up your torch and pitchfork, because you're quite clealy insane.
Yes, I hate it. What are you going to do about, runt?

I'm trying to be nice. I'm trying to implement a solution that brings various unrelated benefits and makes everyone happy. And yet you, the fully grown man who likes little pink animals drawn in the anime style, calls me the crazy one. Says I'm the one with the problem.

I didn't used to have a problem. But this shit keeps coming back and coming back. I've seen elsewhere that, even if it is ignored, it comes back. And it doesn't stay in one thread. So you know what? If we can't agree on a solution, I'm going to make this so miserable for everyone involved that it's no longer worth it for the people who enjoy it. Then I won't have to put up with this anymore.

Feel free to do the same to me.
You know what? This is the one thread right now. So stop cluttering it up.

And to be honest? I'm not that really scared about you trying to make us "miserable" here, as this is an MLP thread. We've got enough joy and cutesyness coming out of our ass.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
MarkusWolfe said:
I'm trying to be nice.
Ah yes, your niceness, caring and politeness was clearly demonstrated when you said "Please go skull**** yourself with a kitchen knife" earlier (which you got a probation for). You and your posts are truly prime examples of polite disagreement./obvioussarcasam And now, MOAR PONIES!

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
FeralCentaur said:
MarkusWolfe said:
I'm trying to be nice.
Ah yes, your niceness,
A pretence of kindness in order to rage about ponies when it is nothing but your own actions which have brought yourself to this thread.

We have dismissed this claim.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Radoh said:
Right, that's all fine and good, but when compared to Fluttershy's singing voice, Pinkie is woefully inept.
Not to mention Fluttershy is the only one capable of stopping every single mythological creature they've come across. Seriously, half petrified and she still manages to make the cockatrice wuss out? Who else but Fluttershy?
Two Words: Para. Sprites.

... No, wait, One word! One Word! I meant One Wor... ah phooey.

Still, Point: Who knew how to take care of them? Pinkie Pie, that's who. Who wouldn't anybody listen to... err, with possible good reason...? Pinkie Pie. Who saved the day and looking Fa-Buh-LAaaaas while doing it?! Pinki... okay, maybe not Fabulous, but you get my point.

Also: Chinese Dragon was taken care of Rarity if I do remember correctly, not Fluttershy.