Poll: You think anime should have thicker women(bigger asses and wider hips not just big boobs)

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
When it comes to anime there are no shortage of big breasted women(and girls in some cases) however searching for an anime girl with big butts and wide hips its pretty much the equivalent of finding a leprechaun in sub sahara Africa.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Thaluikhain said:
I saw "wider hips" in the title and thought this was spam for a moment.
BlackMagicKentucky Love Potion Call 888-888-8888-8888888 Guraent##_MakePotion LoveLoveLoveXOXOXOX

Feel a little better?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Anime should go back to, and improve on, having more body types in general.

I mean, used to be there was a plethora of skin tones and body types just...out there, without comment. You could tell three red haired characters apart and only some artists had a problem with copying body types within their own work. (Leiji Matsumoto, I like your work, but damn, there is more than one way to draw a woman.)

Meanwhile these days whole genres, and large parts of the medium as a whole, look like they could all be drawn by the same group.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Yeeeeeaah not my thing. Still feel uncomfortable with certain anime artist drawing schoolgirl and making them look young n sexualised.

Im out.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
My personal preference is small breasts and small bottoms.
And a tomboyish nature..

For once, I agree with altnameJag though, more varied body types would only be natural.
I'm actually disgusted by big breasts and bottoms but everyone has some mix of different tastes after all.
It seems to me that most female figures in drawn art goes way too far just to avoid them being accused of being loli,hebe,tomboy or androgynous.
Or maybe I'm the odd one out..

The varied personalities is already there so I don't have much to add there.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well yeah, not so much the boobs and butt part, but just the body in general. Anime characters post-2000 lack much bulk, both women and men. Too many straight lines, not enough curvy ones.

brucethemoose

Jul 13, 2017
Or better yet, how about more athletic builds? Alot of these anime girls fight, which just makes no physical sense when they have arms like beanpoles.

E:

Thick or bottom-heavy builds are functional too, just look at some olympic athletes:

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
I want anime to just stop sucking the Nazi party's proverbial cock. The "Germany did nothing wrong" circlejerk has already gotten me to swear off the medium entirely.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Where's the option for anime girls that look like actual fucking people? Where do I sign up for that?

krystalphoenix

Sep 5, 2015
I found that "Real Drive" had female body designs that were less typical anime and more realistically shaped. Like one of the girls had a bit extra round the stomach. It was actually criticised quite heavily in Japan for having "unappealing" characters. In Japan thin is usually really thin from experience compared to western countries.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
Smithnikov said:
I want anime to just stop sucking the Nazi party's proverbial cock. The "Germany did nothing wrong" circlejerk has already gotten me to swear off the medium entirely.
Maybe it is because I haven't watched much anime lately, but what are you talking about?