Poll: Your favorite future game from this list?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Don't see why WCIV is up there...that game is called World of Warcraft.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
Ofcourse I went for Elder Scrolls being the massive fantasy nerd that I am. However one question are any of the games even on the table yet. I doubt it especially the next elder scrolls since one came out not long ago, however if I am wrong and have not been keeping up with gaming news, some sources would be just dandy.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
GethBall said:
Also the title of this thread I found misleading, I thought it would have been about your favourite game set in the future.
Also tought that was what this was about.

Picked Warcraft IV from the list, would like to see another Warcraft strategy game. They're easy to understand, give a challenge if you put the dificulty high enough and have a good story.
Won't bring as much money as WoW thou.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
DioWallachia said:
Chester Rabbit said:
Um...Duke Nukem?
And The games not on your list

Prey 2

Hitman Absolution

Fable Puppet Hack and Slash game thingy

Syphon Filter 4 (No Omega Strain does not count!)

Legacy Of Kain 6: The Scion of Balance
you mean Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophesy?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/survey-says-new-legacy-of-kain-game-coming-5797

Also that list is incomplete, let me show you:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the version that Silicon Knights wanted to do before they had the right stolen. Alternatively:

Legacy of Kain (reboot) Since this is a series with time travel its easy to assume that other worlds and possibilities may appear for the writers and the developers to milk the series. I suggest that you combine the fast paced arcade action of Alien Soldier and then make sure you get Amy Hennings to do the writing again
Yes I guess in a way I do mean ?The Dark Prophecy? but indirectly because I was referring to the sequel of Defiance and seeing how Dark Prophecy will never be made I figured I could give it whichever title I wanted that was relevant to the story of the game.

Also, what is wrong with Soul Reaver the way it is? It turned out to be an exceptional game despite what was cut due to little development spats.

As for the reboot. I only ever get a sense of dread when I think of all the disservice they could do to the beautiful work that has been put into the past Legacy of Kain games. Leave that beautiful innocent chaste story alone!

Why does the series even need to be rebooted? To compensate for the time gap? Or is it because the market is now full of gamers who were trying to learn how to ride a two wheeler when the games were coming out so now they need to be brought up to speed on all the fun? Please, we have Diablo 3 coming out now and Diablo 2 came out in 2000 You don?t see them back peddling.

If they do go through with this then yes they better get Amy Hennings back and hopefully writing Drake hasn?t dulled her abilities.

On another note, the only thing that was missing from my list was Killer Instinct 3 thank you.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
This is the second what's your favorite of the following games that don't exist at all yet so you can't even technically have a favorite thread in the past couple days. Not complaining about repeating, I'm just confused at the very premise.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I think if there's another FPS Duke game it would be named something different like Duke Nukem 4-Real or, Duke Nukem's Five-ale (number 5+finale?) If Duke went back to what made DN3-D amazing than I would be all in for that. Otherwise Elder Scrolls is the only one that grabs my interest.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Chester Rabbit said:
Yes I guess in a way I do mean ?The Dark Prophecy? but indirectly because I was referring to the sequel of Defiance and seeing how Dark Prophecy will never be made I figured I could give it whichever title I wanted that was relevant to the story of the game.

Also, what is wrong with Soul Reaver the way it is? It turned out to be an exceptional game despite what was cut due to little development spats.

As for the reboot. I only ever get a sense of dread when I think of all the disservice they could do to the beautiful work that has been put into the past Legacy of Kain games. Leave that beautiful innocent chaste story alone!

Why does the series even need to be rebooted? To compensate for the time gap? Or is it because the market is now full of gamers who were trying to learn how to ride a two wheeler when the games were coming out so now they need to be brought up to speed on all the fun? Please, we have Diablo 3 coming out now and Diablo 2 came out in 2000 You don?t see them back peddling.

If they do go through with this then yes they better get Amy Hennings back and hopefully writing Drake hasn?t dulled her abilities.

On another note, the only thing that was missing from my list was Killer Instinct 3 thank you.
Still, it was Silicon Knight IP and it would be nice to see what they wanted to do with for a sequel to the first game.

the reboot its just an idea of using the "What if Raziel did X instead and produced another timeline for this paradox?" After all, they could even make a paradox in the future and end up changing the past anyway with all the time traveling available thanks to the Chronoplast. Its just something that the premise of the game allows to. Do you fear that Amy isnt capable of pulling it off? while we are on the subject

After seeing the pathetic attempt of ripping off the Last Crusade with Uncharted 3, not only it looks lazy but also feels like she doesn't give a crap anymore and i can understand. She went from making the Citizen Kane of gaming to milking a Indiana Jones rip off to feed on the broken dreams of people who watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Worse of all, Uncharted is a formula that has been done to death since 1930+ and makes money, unlike LoK who is relatively a nice original concept and because different things scare people to death, it didn't make money. This being a series that depends on YOU knowing what happen on the previous game is quite a problem because, unlike movies, you kinda need to EXPERIENCE the games in their respective order, Uncharted doesn't have that problem because each game is self contained by doing the "same but different approach" like the (surprise) Indiana Jones movies, James Bond or any shitty slasher horror film.

Saying that she has absolute control over the series is kite silly, that is like saying that George Lucas is responsible for EVERYTHING wrong on the Star Wars films. But i do believe that if she had the talent to come up with LoK then she would at least fill the plot holes or even that sinking cruiser ship on Uncharted 3 that its just there for being a set piece and to somehow explain how Drake got near the beach that just HAPPENS to be the place he needed to be.

Of course, my idea for the combat is either do the Alien Soldier style or use Soul Reaver 2 combat, who is quite fast paced and much much better than a spectacle fighter hack and slash (ala Devil May Cry)......unless you prefer the streamlined kind of combat that Blood Omen 2 offered? Taking turns to hit each other doesnt ring excitement to me.

EDIT: Seriously? you compared a Blizzard game to this gem? They cant even keep the continuity straight between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 and reused the same "they all went crazy...again" more ofter than they reuse the Kerrigan Architype.

By the way, i am trying to find good things to say about Blood Omen 2 but the sheer eldritch wrongness that its that game doesnt let me concentrate. Do you have an opinion on it?

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
verdant monkai said:
Karutomaru said:
Why aren't there any Wii titles on there?
I hope that was a joke. The Wii is almost over anyway.

Seriously none of you want to play the next Half life? or Elder Scrolls 6????? I question you sanity! or at least your taste.
For what? Just play Daggerfall and be done with it. There is no longer a need for another Elder Scroll if they are going to be streamlined like Skyrim

Also, i cant stand Half Life lack of....voice.

Simply put, the fact that many untalented people resort to the "blank slate" in literature to make the reader project into the character in the same way that people use the "silent protagonist" to project the player into the world instead of doing the job themselves of adding a characterization, makes me believe that we are just being manipulated into thinking that the material is actually good. And of course, if i critice it then i will be bashed with thousands of people who take the critique on the game as an attack on their personas. After all, since they are projected into it, they ACTUALLY believe that they are part of it and that THEIR experience is total bullshit.