Poll: Your favorite superhero

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
What is your favorite superhero and why? Just wanted to know your favorite superheros I personally prefer Batman because he is just a normal guy without any superpowers but still can kick ass.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Wolverine. He's got claws and he cuts people with them. And this one time he used a burning man to light his cigarette.

Also: I'm pretty sure you should replace the Green Lantern option with Deadpool.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Iron Man isn't a Super Hero. He's a vigilante who joined The Avengers. He has no powers.
Same goes with Batman. Excepting the Avengers thing.

Superman isn't a Super Hero. He's god. The only thing he can't do is anything he hasn't tried yet.

Wolverine isn't a Super Hero. He's a mutant, and an X-man. What he does doesn't follow the archetype of how super hero's function.

Polls for these are terrible, it's always too limiting.

As far as the people who do follow the archetype? Captain America.....Or Thor.
But Captain America has only got peak human physical abilities. He's not superhuman.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Nick Fury.
He may not have powers, but I don't give a fuck. He's 100x more badass than every other hero.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Gosh... Batman and Green Lantern are both so cool but I think I'm going to go with Batman because, ya Green Lantern's oath is the most badass quote ever but Batman has dozens of awesome things that might not be as good as the oath by themselves but when you have all these badass tools it makes up for it.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
It's a tie between Iron Man and Captain America.

More specifically, I like super heroes who do not have any real super powers other than genius-level intellect because they are usually the super heroes that most villains fear, due to their resourcefulness. They need to use what they have, figure out the weaknesses of their foes, and often times go against the greatest villains of all time and win.

Sorry Cap'n, but my money (and stocks) are on Iron Man.

KurtzGallahad

Oct 8, 2009
Hard to say, there are so many choices
Deadpool's probably my favourite mainstream super to read about, but Gambit's probably my favourite hero as a character.
Of course it depends on the writer, Dr McNinja is definately as much a superhero as batman, and at times he is definately in the running for favourite

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Iron Man isn't a Super Hero. He's a vigilante who joined The Avengers. He has no powers.
Same goes with Batman. Excepting the Avengers thing.

Superman isn't a Super Hero. He's god. The only thing he can't do is anything he hasn't tried yet.

Wolverine isn't a Super Hero. He's a mutant, and an X-man. What he does doesn't follow the archetype of how super hero's function.

Polls for these are terrible, it's always too limiting.

As far as the people who do follow the archetype? Captain America.....Or Thor.
Pedantic post is pedantic, and by your own rules, neither Cap or Thor are 'Super Heroes' either. I don't think there's ever really been an actual definition for what is and isn't a super hero.

OP: Spidey is my favorite. No particular logical reason why, he just is. Batman fan's out in force I see... I like Batman too, but I've never quite understood the extent of devotion that he gets. Especially when he's probably the weakest in a straight up fight of all the well known comic book heroes.

Dec 14, 2009
I've had numerous dreams of web-slinging around a city, and they're the best dreams I ever remember having.

Spidey all the way. He cracks jokes in the middle of fights, his speed is elegant and precise and he hits like a truck. If it wasn't for the fact that I can't use him for shit in Marvel vs Capcom 3, he'd be in my team all the time. I also think he's the hero I can most relate to.

With great power, comes a great beatdown great responsibility.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
Spider-Man's always been my favourite since I was a wee boy. He's responsible for most of my morality; 'with great power comes great responsibility' has always been important to me and is mostly the reason that I choose to avoid fights rather than hurt somebody. If anything I hate the way that so many people portray him as being- much like Sonic, in games they always give him wisecracks that always, ALWAYS come across as irritating rather than funny. As much as I love Batman, the X-Men, Deadpool and the Avengers, Spider-Man will always be my favourite- not because of his powers, but because of the fact that I've always been able to relate to him.

Sep 30, 2010
CrimsonBlaze said:
It's a tie between Iron Man and Captain America.

More specifically, I like super heroes who do not have any real super powers other than genius-level intellect because they are usually the super heroes that most villains fear, due to their resourcefulness. They need to use what they have, figure out the weaknesses of their foes, and often times go against the greatest villains of all time and win.

Sorry Cap'n, but my money (and stocks) are on Iron Man.
I agree, intelligent heroes without powers are the best. Iron Man is my favorite with Batman coming in second.

RougeSeraph

Oct 25, 2011
Captain America, but mostly because he's hot. Spiderman's a close second because he seems like a real person I could totally geek out with. Not to mention, he's got that killer tight suit and likes to shoot streams of long sticky webs.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Batman,i just like everything about the series more than i like other super heroes.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
IKSA said:
What is your favorite superhero and why?
What, no Wonder Woman?

**looks at the poll options**

No women at all, in fact. **sigh**

OT: Wonder Woman. Because: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2628-All-The-World-Is-Waiting