Poll: Your favorite superhero

Quietus Legion

Aug 2, 2011
I'm partial to villains, in which case it would be Dr. Doom, but I really have to pick a hero then I'd go for Jesse Custer, ie. the Preacher

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Iron Man, he's a complete jerk but you can't help but like the guy, he's a very complete character with his own set of flaws that really stand out.

All in all though it's usually the super villains I'm more interested in, especially Magneto and The Joker.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
joshuaayt said:
Plus she gave her life to phase a planet sized missile through the Earth itself.
She's back now, Magneto managed to find the bullet in space and pull her back. She was temporary stuck in a constant phased mode but I think that's been resolved. Though she and Colossus have split up, plus he's now the new Juggernaut. Comics everybody!

hwarang

Oct 12, 2009
Punisher, it's fun just to read someone dropping the pretence, picking up a shotgun and heading on out to vigilanticise. Bat theme? Bugger off.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Batman. He is one of only two superheroes I can stand (the other being Iron Man). Superman is the worst. I hate literally everything about him. Everything.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
DC: Batman. He's got the best rogues gallery and supporting cast, and generally has the best stories as well. Closely followed by Superman and The Flash.

Marvel: Spider-Man (for similar reasons to Batman), followed by The X-Men (you can't pick just one, they are a group package in my mind) and Dr. Strange.

Darthbawls77

May 18, 2011
Superhero isnt as cut and dry as
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Iron Man isn't a Super Hero. He's a vigilante who joined The Avengers. He has no powers.
Same goes with Batman. Excepting the Avengers thing.

Superman isn't a Super Hero. He's god. The only thing he can't do is anything he hasn't tried yet.

Wolverine isn't a Super Hero. He's a mutant, and an X-man. What he does doesn't follow the archetype of how super hero's function.

Polls for these are terrible, it's always too limiting.

As far as the people who do follow the archetype? Captain America.....Or Thor.
Superhero doesnt mean they have to have superpowers. Just that they are above and beyond a normal hero, a "super" hero if you will. =P

Dec 14, 2009
T1tan45 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I've had numerous dreams of web-slinging around a city, and they're the best dreams I ever remember having.

Spidey all the way. He cracks jokes in the middle of fights, his speed is elegant and precise and he hits like a truck. If it wasn't for the fact that I can't use him for shit in Marvel vs Capcom 3, he'd be in my team all the time. I also think he's the hero I can most relate to.

With great power, comes a great beatdown great responsibility.
I wish I didn't suck with Spiderman too in Marvel vs Capcom 3. He's my favorite superhero, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't use him!
I tried. I tried so very hard to be good with him.

My original team setup was Ammy, Viewtiful Joe (come on, gotta have Ammy and Joe together!) and Spidey.

Couldn't use Joe or Spidey for shit, so I ended up replacing them with X-23 and Morrigan respectively.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Iron Man isn't a Super Hero. He's a vigilante who joined The Avengers. He has no powers.
Same goes with Batman. Excepting the Avengers thing.

Superman isn't a Super Hero. He's god. The only thing he can't do is anything he hasn't tried yet.

Wolverine isn't a Super Hero. He's a mutant, and an X-man. What he does doesn't follow the archetype of how super hero's function.

Polls for these are terrible, it's always too limiting.

As far as the people who do follow the archetype? Captain America.....Or Thor.
Yes, Iron Man and Batman are not superheroes, if you wanna be pedantic, they're "just heroes" as they possess no super powers. They're basically "top tier" humans with gadgets.

Superman and Wolverine, on the other hand, are the very definition of super heroes. They have special super human abilities. The amount and nature of said super powers is irrelevant. Superman is not a god, he's just an alien (illegal alien at that!) that is far more powerful than humans. At most you can say he's godlike, which would still make him a super hero - as that's a matter of character and role, but I'd reserve that for characters such as Dr.Manhattan, whose powers are, by initial definition and not by deus ex machina, nearly unlimited.

Ironically the only god there is Thor. He's an actual god. That's part of his established character. And Captain America isn't super human. He's "peak human". So he's also not a super hero.

@OP: Dr. Manhattan. In so far as we're limiting ourselves to actual "SUPER" (i.e.: super powered) heroes. If you meant any heroes at all: Ozymandias from Watchmen, V from V for Vendetta, Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan, Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass, Spike Speagel from Cowboy Bebop... It's hard to pick one favorite.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010

And

Because at their highest, best moments, there is no finer group of heroes in all of fiction. Each of them brings something to the team; each of them is willing to walk into fire and flood. Also, within the highest echelons of the organisations, they're more than a team, they're family.

Although personal favourites are Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Superman and Captain Marvel.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I like how batman is the winner of the poll, A regular person with no "Super" powers, but still can take on several villians in the span of a couple days, the best detective aswell.

The Villians that batman fights are also my favourite, Quick! someone make a "whos your favourite Supervillian" Poll...

Also...
Arkham City, you will be mine! (PC one ^^)

2nd place would have to go to either Nightcrawler or Rorschach (His Mask rocks!)

vesago

Mar 6, 2011
My OC superhero Vesago he's more of an anti-hero and he's also a murderous phycopath who kills the villan then rather than save the princess he nock her up

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
http://cdn.jamesgunn.com/wp-content/uploads/SUPER-HA-Nick-Nathan-Fillion-Mikaela-Hoover-1024x682.jpg?abc7a9
Oh yeah.