Poll: Your favourite guitar...

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I've been thinking recently about what guitars people are most into.

Even though I've played for eight years, I don't think I have a favourite.

What's yours?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
You should include "other" as a possibility, especially since you casually ignored Superstrats in your list...
And less pointy Doublecuts and non-hollow Gretschs and the non-standard Gibsons and Fenders, and I see no mentioning of Ibanez in your List, nor do you offer PRS guitars as a choice.
Tsk tsk tsk.
On topic:
At the moment, I probably like either my Dean or my PRS [sub][sub]SE[/sub][/sub] best.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Still haven't bought a gibson as I'm a poor bastard but I have a small savings for it and getting pretty close! Gibson Les Pauls are sooooo sexy. Dat tone, dat body, dat fretboard, dat weight. Hnng

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Thread fails to cater to Ibanez fans.

Also fails to acknowledge the value of nylon acoustic.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I have always loved the look of the Gibson SG when it comes to electric guitars, but for acoustic I am not picky.

The electric guitar I am playing now is a Fender Stratocaster. A very basic guitar I got from my aunts friend for free! Plays nicely though.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Don't have one, I like guitars for different ends. I have a Ibanez JS1000, because it has such a great range of sounds, but if I had the money to have specialized guitars, I'd get some more. But right now I am quite in love with the Strandbergs guitars, the ones that I will never buy.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
My Cort M200, it cost £99 and has been very reliable & good for the price. Ibanez is pretty good, and I love the Dimebag guitars, can't remember the exact name of the make though.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
I'm the happy owner of Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster for about two months now and I couldn't be happier with it. I have never played such an easily played guitar ever and my playing have skyrocketed from once a month to daily. Of course that has something to do with me not busting my arse in school anymore.
Rose and Thorn said:
I have always loved the look of the Gibson SG when it comes to electric guitars, but for acoustic I am not picky.

The electric guitar I am playing now is a Fender Stratocaster. A very basic guitar I got from my aunts friend for free! Plays nicely though.
I fail to see how a Fender Stratocaster can be called "basic". Care to explain?
DugMachine said:
Still haven't bought a gibson as I'm a poor bastard but I have a small savings for it and getting pretty close! Gibson Les Pauls are sooooo sexy. Dat tone, dat body, dat fretboard, dat weight. Hnng
What model of the Les Paul are you looking for? I have my sights on a Standard but that will take some major time, considering I just bought a Strat.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Lordmarkus said:
DugMachine said:
What model of the Les Paul are you looking for? I have my sights on a Standard but that will take some major time, considering I just bought a Strat.
Standard as well. I have about $900 saved up for it at the moment.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/khimuell12/gretschwf2.jpg

Look at this magnificent beast. I voted Gretsch because they keep a really high quality at all tiers.

Also, because you didn't include the PRS Custom 24...which has become my favorite all-purpose guitar.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
DugMachine said:
Lordmarkus said:
DugMachine said:
Standard as well. I have about $900 saved up for it at the moment.
Getting a Standard feels more like a longstanding goal because I would love getting an Gibson SG and a Gibson Explorer as well, and they cost half as much as a Les Paul while still giving me Humbucker-action.

Me and a friend of mine swapped guitars once during a lengthy jam-session, he tested my Strat and I got his Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. Simply wonderful guitar that was and it seemed he thought the same of mine. I love it when one can be unbiased when it comes down to guitar-makers and models.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Lordmarkus said:
Getting a Standard feels more like a longstanding goal because I would love getting an Gibson SG and a Gibson Explorer as well, and they cost half as much as a Les Paul while still giving me Humbucker-action.

Me and a friend of mine swapped guitars once during a lengthy jam-session, he tested my Strat and I got his Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. Simply wonderful guitar that was and it seemed he thought the same of mine. I love it when one can be unbiased when it comes down to guitar-makers and models.
Ya I hear ya but my god are they amazing. Always wanted once since I was a teen and now I'm pretty close or at least the last time I checked their prices.

SG are excellent as well. Friend of mine lent me his Gibson Les Paul for a gig since my Epiphones wires somehow got fried and oh man. I had played them in shops before but being on stage with that beautiful instrument... just awesome. Only played a strat once and it's a very easy playing guitar if that's a way to describe it. Very fluid and what not

fuzz

Aug 27, 2012
I voted strat as that's what I'm enjoying most at the moment. I love that neck pickup sound. I've also got a danelectro 56 for the rude sounds. I'd really like a goldtop les paul with p90s some day too.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
mikecoulter said:
I've been thinking recently about what guitars people are most into.

Even though I've played for eight years, I don't think I have a favourite.

What's yours?
Dave mustaine Dean angle of deth zero and zero 2
Dave mustaine Dean peace sells flying V
Scott Ian Jackson Soloist Among the Living
Dimebag Dean Dixie Rebel

so basically anything pure metal of that sort.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Lordmarkus said:
Rose and Thorn said:

I fail to see how a Fender Stratocaster can be called "basic". Care to explain?
Sure. Well what I mean is the Stratocaster seems to be one of the most easily accessible guitars. It is a very common guitar, you can expect to find them in almost any guitar shop. Not to mention Strats tend to be some of the cheaper guitars. Fender also has many starter bundle packs with a Strat packed with it, coming with an amp and beginners books. Around my city most peoples first electric guiatar was a Strat because of all these reasons. Everyone knows of the Strat.

Another reason I called it a basic is, thats was it is the Basic Standard Strat. As opposed to something like a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster like you have. A Deluxe version. Mine is just the basic version.

I tend to consider Strats, Les Pauls, Telecastors and SG's all pretty much the 'basic' guitars, as their ease to find, there decent prices and their design as the staple popular guitars. Most people know what you are talking about if you mention your Les Paul. As opposed to some crazy special limited edition guitar.

So I didn't mean basic as an insult in any way. I could have just as well used the word 'classic'.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I currently have a Crafter Cruiser the same as this:

But I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an Ibanez, still deciding which model though.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Out of the list, Les Pauls are the sexiest, and they have that sustain -waaah- you can grab a bite -waaaah- and it'll still be on that one!

[sub][sub][sub][sub]+1 reference[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Apr 24, 2008
At the moment my Gretsch hollowbody is my go to. But I have a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat that I keep falling in love with all over again.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
bad poll is bad. always include an other option, you can never cover all the bases. from your list, a telecaster because the nexk feels beautiful and they are a dream to play. however they are not as suited to heavier styles of music, and are limited by (usually) only havinf 21 frets, so my PRS se custom 24 wins it for me. one day i'll merge the 2 together in a freak experiment and never need a new guitar again...