Poll: Your fighting game?

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
It's a three way tie for me, between Tekken, Soul Blade/Calibur, and Mortal Kombat. I could never really get the hang of Street Fighter, but I love the graphics.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Durxom said:
God that pic always cracks me up simply because of the Smash Bros image. It lacks a Guilty Gear image, I just wonder how they would be depicted in something like that XD

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Smash bros, without items, and on final destination. (Not fox only, I play as Samus) :p

Of the listed options, Street Fighter for sure.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Huh, surprised Guilty Gear and/or Blazblue aren't choices. I'd say they would be tied with Street Fighter, though maybe SF takes it because of plain nostalgia.

Never liked the 3D fighters. Games like Tekken are annoying and clunky to me, not fun. I guess the only one I've ever enjoyed was DoA2.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Durxom said:
God that pic always cracks me up simply because of the Smash Bros image. It lacks a Guilty Gear image, I just wonder how they would be depicted in something like that XD
Probably something like this...

[sub]There can be two meanings to this picture...just think about it[/sub]

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Durxom said:
-Seraph- said:
Durxom said:

One meaning I obviously pick up on and makes me laugh my ass off because of the truth of it. The second I'm not sure but the one that comes to mind makes me a very sad panda.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Im more of a VS Fighter.
I hate slow fighting games like the King of fighters series, and Street Fighter is to technical for me to have fun at.

Marvel VS Capcom, MvC2, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:Heritage for the Future, and Darkstalkers.

These are my favorites and the type of fighters i love.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
Street Fighter hands down! Other than Street Fighter I would say Tekken would be in a close second. I can't wait for Street Fighter X Tekken that game is going to be epic!

Shoryuken!!!!!

Durxom

May 12, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Durxom said:
-Seraph- said:
Durxom said:
-snip-

One meaning I obviously pick up on and makes me laugh my ass off because of the truth of it. The second I'm not sure but the one that comes to mind makes me a very sad panda.
I'm pretty sure you got both of them =P
The large amounts of cancelling in the series, and the series getting cancelled

But if I had to choose a second favourite fighter, it would be Guilty Gear. I love the music, and I also love me some Faust and Robo-Ky.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Soul Calibur for the win.
mostly because it's the only one I was ever any good at...

most other fighting games seem to be designed for someone with the reflexes of a caffeine addicted cat on PCP
I'm looking at you DOA

and call me crazy but I don't like 2D fighters.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Well i don't think it's canceled per say, but on hold. Sega owns the series last I checked so Arc Systems couldn't make any more without their permission so they made Blazblue as it's spiritual successor. I do remember hearing talk about Arc System might getting the chance to do GG again (they did make 2 after all) but they're only rumors I guess.

Oh what I'd give for a Guilty gear 3, OR Guilty gear vs Blazblue. The combine awesome of such a game would tear the very fabric of space and time apart, thus destroying the universe....and it would be AWESOME.

Nov 25, 2009
Soul Calibur 2 is one of my favorite fighting games, 3 sucked ass, and 4 while good was kind of a letdown. Still gets my vote though.