Poll: Your game of the year.

stygN

Yay! Custom title!
Jul 9, 2010
DustyDrB said:
The poll only allows eight options, so don't give him too much of a hard time.
When the real Game of the Year thread comes at the actual end of the year, it will be done more like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.198540-The-Escapist-Communitys-Top-100-The-Results?page=1]
I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, or "trolling" you. That was not my intention. I guess it came out wrong, I guess I should have said "You should consider placing SC2 in your list" instead of what I said.

I never meant to harm you, your feelings, your status or your thread, I merely tried to give you an advice. However, when I re-read my own post I see that it came out a bit wrong.

I never knew the poll only had 8 choices : /

So, sorry if I made my self look like a jerk, that was not what I intended : )

When you're on multiple forums throwing out posts like breadcrumbs to birds you get a bit careless.

I guess I should sharpen up, it's not the first time someone has mistaken me for a troll : /

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
stygN said:
DustyDrB said:
The poll only allows eight options, so don't give him too much of a hard time.
When the real Game of the Year thread comes at the actual end of the year, it will be done more like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.198540-The-Escapist-Communitys-Top-100-The-Results?page=1]
I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, or "trolling" you. That was not my intention. I guess it came out wrong, I guess I should have said "You should consider placing SC2 in your list" instead of what I said.

I never meant to harm you, your feelings, your status or your thread, I merely tried to give you an advice. However, when I re-read my own post I see that it came out a bit wrong.

I never knew the poll only had 8 choices : /

So, sorry if I made my self look like a jerk, that was not what I intended : )

When you're on multiple forums throwing out posts like breadcrumbs to birds you get a bit careless.

I guess I should sharpen up, it's not the first time someone has mistaken me for a troll : /
Oh, it's not that big a deal. It was hardly trolling, and you were just one of many to voice a similar complaint. I just think a lot of people here aren't aware that you can only have up to 8 poll options.

crobulator

Dec 27, 2009
three way tie between Mass effect 2 Metro 2033 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat minecraft is disqualified as it is techincally not released yet

stygN

Yay! Custom title!
Jul 9, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Oh, it's not that big a deal. It was hardly trolling, and you were just one of many to voice a similar complaint. I just think a lot of people here aren't aware that you can only have up to 8 poll options.
: ) I guess that concludes our disagreement then : )

And I really understand why you defended the OP (just figured out now that you weren't)!

As I said, I never knew that you only had 8 "options" for a poll, and thus I thank you for that information!

Again, no offence towards the OP or you! I simply thought SC2 should be on the list : )

Thanks for a really nice reply to my reply to your reply on my reply..... Gosh.. that was tricky...

But at last, to give the poll some credit; I really think CivV should be on the list unless the guys making it completely destroyed Civ.... Never tried it, never seen a trailer, but I guess that game is pretty good due to its prequels.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Hard to believe it's almost the end of the year... where did the time go??

Red Dead Redemption or possibly Cataclysm, but it's not out yet so...

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Seeing as the only game I've this year is Singularity, then I guess I'll go with that. Most of you will complain about it's flaws, but I thin it was fine. Combat was fun, the story, although poorly told, at least ended making sense. I also like how you can reload your past save and see the different endings. Multiplayer was a blast. Do this in December, by that time, I will have already played Costume Quest.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
I don't remember playing that much games this year, so I'll just say Nier since Demon's Souls was released last year and Final Fantasy Tactics was released more than 10 years ago. Sad.

Allison Chainz

Oct 28, 2010
Mass Effect 2 is a fun game but there is one serious flaw with it. While I enjoyed it immensely the first time through, I simply cannot enjoy a second playthrough. This is totally because I know exactly what happens already, and not quite knowing was most of the fun. I'm not a fan of FPS at all, so completely deprived of the story element, I find the game totally boring. Definitely gonna wait until all the DLC comes out before I dive into ME3.

Another game I highly enjoyed, Sakura Wars, has a similar problem. I simply can't play it a second time, because there aren't enough different paths to get me excited about the game all over again.

I simply cannot nominate a game for goty if it doesn't have any lasting value to me. Both of these game fall into the annoying wasteland of being both too long and too short at the same time. Too short to feel epic enough that lack of true replay value can be ignored. Too long to pick up and beat over and over just because you feel like it. This makes me thankful that arcade games are still around through LIVE and compilation discs.

With all that said there are only 3 games I can think of from this year that will actually become staples of my video game rotation. Oddly enough all 3 are sports games. NBA 2k11, NCAA Football 2011, and Madden 20011. All 3 are so good that I don't feel a need to buy updates until we've changed console generations yet again.

Out of the 3, the one that stands out to me the most is NCAA 11. Therefore, I am nominating it for game of the year.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Castlevania Lords of Shadow... its the only game i bought, sure i have other games but i didnt fully enjoy them as much as i have Castlevania.

ThorUK

Dec 11, 2008
Wow, seriously, no love for Civ 5? D:

I don't know whether this is because the playerbase of the Civ. series was so outraged by the move to Steam or whether they are simply a minority in what's becoming an increasingly console dominated market.