Poll: Your game of the year.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
I know the year isn't quite over, but what game is your game of the year?

EDIT: i know a lot of ppl are complaining cuz i didnt put rdr, ssf4, etc. etc. on, i jsut threw this list together and i knew i was missing some games so thats why i put the other option on.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Mass Effect 2 for me. Am really really enjoying New Vegas at the moment though, but Mass Effect 2 is the winner for me.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I am going to go with Mass Effect 2, because I loved that game and no other games I have played this year compares to it, to me. Fable 3 does come out on Tuesday and I am getting that, but I don't think it will beat Mass Effect 2. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility, I just don't think it is likely.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
At first my choice was going to be Mass Effect 2. But at the moment I'm about halfway through Valkyria Chronicles 2, and so far it looks like it's going be my game of the year.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Well, I still have one game left to buy for sure this year in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoood (which we can go ahead and shorten to Ass Bros). I'd be surprised if it doesn't make it in my top five.
But as of today?
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Red Dead Redemption (though zombies should stay the hell out of this game)
3. Enslaved
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Fallout: New Vegas

Of course, it's too early for this and when the inevitable Game of the Year thread comes up at the actual end of the year, we'll have to tally up everyone's favorite game based on a post because the polls here are far too limiting.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Mass Effect 2 for the simple reason that I had never before in my life finished a game six(!!!) times.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Out of your main choices none because i've yet to play any of them. But i'm gonna have the future title Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
i know i was forgetting to include a few options, forgot about super mario galaxy 2, just wanted to see waht ppl to think to make sure i didnt miss any great games this yr, ive been finishing my backlog of games.

btw the new dragon quest was fun too

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
My reward goes to Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. One of the most original and addicting games I've played in a while, not to mention the ridiculous amount of variety it had.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
So far for me, it's either Super Street Fighter 4 or Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for me. Mass Effect 2 was a massive disappointment to me, and I haven't play any of the other ones, but those two are the best to come out so far in my eyes(though I don't even own SSF4)...probably Kirby's Epic Yarn too if I end up getting that.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Trinity Universe because it's one of the best RPGs I've played in the last few years.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Mass Effect 2. Wow, that one just left me hanging at the end. It's just a very well made game with a neat story (I love how it ties in actions from the previous game).

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Either ME 2 or Fallout New Vegas. I'm leaning towards ME 2 though, because a. Bioware is Canadian, and b. It was stable on release.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Well, it's definitely not any of those, I'll tell you that. The one that comes closest is Reach, and I wrote a six-page review complaining about how awful it was. At the moment, my top 3 are The Forgotten Sands, Red Dead Redemption, and maybe Alan Wake. I'll have to wait until I bag a copy of AssCreed: Brotherhood to pass final judgement.

EDIT: Oh, wait-- Metro 2033 was this year? Oh, well that's my GOTY, then.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Minecraft (WHOOP WHOOP!)

But Dawn of War: Chaos Rising is a close second.

1. Minecraft
2. Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
3. Metro 2033
4. Halo: Reach
5. Chime
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Flotilla
8. Limbo

There was some cool games I played at PAX, but those don't really count.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I've played like 5 games made this year and NHL 11 is by far my favourite of the bunch. So NHL 11 gets my vote.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Hey! Its not the end of the year yet!

Sources indicate that GT5 will be here before 1/1/2011 so I don't think we can call it yet.