Poll: Your opinion on meat products

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
I'm not vegetarian but I live in a veggie household (i.e. I live with six vegetarians including my landlord and it's requested that I don't bring meat into the house). Also, my boyfriend's veggie (not for moral reasons, he just thinks dead flesh is rather unappetising).

So I pretty much only eat veggie dishes and my God they're delicious. Even when eating out at restaurants I'll tend to get the vegetarian option these days because meat is so darn bland most of the time (except pretty much any kind of pork...). Although sometimes I do just go OH GOD I NEED SOME NASTY FATTY MEAT and buy a kebab or something.

I feel hella lot healthier since moving into this house as well, my fruit and veg intake has gone through the roof and I'd wager my cholesterol levels are pretty darn low!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
I have made a Bacon Explosion and it is surely what a god would eat.

Bacon wrapped bacon and Italian sausage with bacon salt and BBQ sauce done on the BBQ.

*Edit: You can feel the massive calories through your teeth.

o.o i feel artery's hardening just looking at it ..... and i want one, can send recipe?

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Meat is great. I probably eat to much of it though. I would go insane without it.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Here is my opinion. Human just like every other animal has gone though countless years upon years of evolution to become specifically adapted to eat a certainer way. I believe that the best health can be achieved through following said diet.

Humans most prevalent everyday food type should be fruits and vegetables. That is a fact. Sorry guys we are not meant to eat massive amounts of meat each day. I think America's fixation with meat and their obesity epidemic is good proof of this.

Now I an not saying that human should not eat meat course we have adapted to do so, but the types of meat we eat should be as lean as possible. I trend to feed my family mostly all white meat chicken and seafood. We however do enjoy red meat once a week or so, but as a point of note red meat is not that great for your health and should be eaten sparingly.

Grains are a type of food that humans are the least adapted to eating. The fact that most grains need to go though heavy mechanical processing just to get to a point where we can cook and eat them is a great show case of this. That and the consumption of grain is a relatively new thing in the grand timeline of human existence. I personally would be very happy if I could cut grains out of my family"s diet as much as possible and we have made great strides, but they are cheap and tasty so this has proven difficult for me.

So in short I try to be a natural eater.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
TestECull said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
TestECull said:
Om nom nom. You guys have fun eating your front yards, I'd rather die at 55 eating stuff that tastes good than live to 75 eating shit that has no flavor at all.
that was my exact excuse for years; flavor desensitization as a result of consuming excessive meat, animal products, processed oil and refined sugar is equatable with other chemical dependencies. Sugar and grease are probably my favorite drugs, but when I started drastically cutting them out of my diet I began to actually taste things. kind of like when I broke my coke habit and realized that things other than coke were were actually quite enjoyable, like sunsets and birdsong.
And you're assuming I'm just like you because...?

I don't have that problem. You might have, I don't. But hey, if you don't want to eat any meat I'll be glad to take the surplus. More bacon for me.

Oh, and sunsets and birdsong? Really? How about V8s and corner carving? Birds are annoying little bastards that shit on your car, which means I wouldn't sit out in the woods listening to birdsong if you paid me, and sunsets make driving west a pain in the ass.
Not assuming anything, just relating to what you said with my own experience.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I'm vegetarian, but I'd be vegan if you didn't count pasta and the occasional bit of cheese in some of the food I eat.

Its 60% just not liking the idea of meat and 40% for health reasons, so meh.

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
I love eating meat, but I feel bad about it.

It is selfish to eat meat, because we do not need it at all.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Fieldy409 said:
My opinion is: More. Just more. Give me MOAR!!!
That sounds about right. There was an Invader Zim episode where they used the phrase "thirsty for chicken" (I think) and that's how I get about meat (especially pork products like sausage and bacon). I had some left over Pizza earlier, the new Papa John's 5-sausage thing and I was literally thirsty for more. I loves me some 'exotic' meats too like Bison, venison, eel, octopus/squid...Gods I love meat!

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
As long as it isnt screaming when I put it in my mouth I'll eat it...

...and I've broken that rule a couple of times actually...

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
I marked myself as "other" I don't make a conscious decision to be a vegetarian, but I rarely eat meat. I don't have a moral stance against it, I just enjoy the taste of other foods more.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
We have evolved from single-cell organisms formed in near-impossible circumstance over a course of millions of years to be able to digest both plant and animal matter (in fact we digest the latter more easily), to not eat meat is the greatest insult to the universe I could possibly imagine, and that is why I disagree with vegetarianism.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
I have made a Bacon Explosion and it is surely what a god would eat.

Bacon wrapped bacon and Italian sausage with bacon salt and BBQ sauce done on the BBQ.

*Edit: You can feel the massive calories through your teeth.
I?d eat the hell out of that.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
All forms are fucking awesome and they are the only food I can cook superbly on a consistent basis. Chicken in any form (but I make an insanely juicy and crisp skinned roast chicken), seafood, RIBS...fucking unbelievable fall off the bone ribs with custom sauce. And steak, of course steak...Here is how I make mine:

SadisticBrownie

May 9, 2011
I really couldn't live without meat. I mean, some of my favourite foods are vegetables (mushrooms, asparagus, etc), but they're always secondary to the main part of a meal, and that is meat, always.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
We raised goat's when I was a kid. For those of you who don't know goats are EVIL. Naa never felt bad about eating them.

Nopodop

Jan 2, 2011
I generally don't like eating meat. I'll eat beef sausages or chicken but that's pretty much it. I just don't like the taste of it, but people assume I'm vegetarian for some reason.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
I'll only eat it if it, at one point had a pulse

(I exaggerate ofcourse but I really don't like vegetables)