Poll: Your presence on the Escapist.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Neonbob said:
And I mean NOBODY is allowed to forget about Neonbob, our savior who defeated the great Whale menace in 2009 and never got the recognition he deserves.

[sub][sub]I'm kicking myself for not sneaking you into my community signatures background now. BAD REDLIN[/sub][/sub]
I try to downplay that these days.
There was a short but brief explosion of fangirls.
They got into the armory, and long story short, didn't know not to touch shit.
[sup][sup]DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOURS I SPENT SCRUTINIZING THAT THING AND LOOKING FOR MY NAME? DO YOU?![sup]it was about ten minutesBUTNEVERMINDTHAT[/sup][/sup][/sup]

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Zachary Amaranth said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Little Woodsman said:
I do not even exist.

In fact, you are imagining this post right now.

Stop That!
But... but... You have a Cubone avatar!

It's so sad and adorable looking, how could I forget something like that?! D:
Who are you talking to? What Cubone avatar?
You don't see it?

Are you blind?!

It's sad and adorable looking, why don't you see what I see?!

I SWEAR TO GOD I'M NOT CRAZY.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
It's the strangest thing.

On the surface, the place is just like any other of its ilk. From the few loudest voices to the many silent observers, to those who take it upon themselves to police the area and guard against any who would disrupt it. Some rise to prominence, while others fade; new blood replaces old as surely here as anywhere.
So you'll stay a while, get to know the place. Make yourself comfortable.
Then, one day, you'll start to notice.

A smile shared between two old hands.
A phrase, casually dropped, mystifying without context.
An innocent question, inexplicably ignored.
Small things, not worthy of note on their own, but together become something else. A presence of sorts, felt only by those who know of it.

Quiet, but not silent.
Inconspicuous, but not invisible.
Harmless, but not powerless.
Often little more than a flickering shadow, a whisper upon a breeze. Sometimes, if the wind is blowing just right, you'll be allowed a glimpse.

You've found me.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]The actual truth's rather more boring :p[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
And now, to quote the people who have posted on this thread so far that I'd recognize in the forums:

Bat Vader said:
Besides being very recognizable in a user group I post in I am pretty invisible on the forums.
Scarim Coral said:
Considering the last two threads that were asking people to address another users (I think the titles were which users you want to take to the bar with and something about thanking somebody on here), it's pretty much seal the deal that I'm a nobody.

These goes my ego as it seen being the site on here the longest or having ALOT of posts means nothing (sure I'm not super old on here but I've been on here for over 4 years now when others register after 2010).

Yes I am aware that I'm not the most popular or socialable user on here and it does seen demanding/ selfish for me to want others for recognition but I used to think that I did matter to somebody on here even if it's just one person (what, this website means alot to me). I'm guessing I'm wrong about that.

*Sigh* great, now it feels like I'm asking for pity at this thread now, like if I can get any lower (well I DID wanted to be nominated for a community spotlight)...
DoPo said:
See, it's funny since I just realised who you were, for you have changed your avatar. And I just came here from another thread (the Saints Row 3 vs 4 one) where I spent about half a minute staring at it.
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think there are maybe two people who recognize me and that's it. One of them once quoted me asking me Why you always so down Johnny? The other knows me as That Guy From Argentina.
Casual Shinji said:
People have on occasion mentioned me by (silly) user name, and even refered to me regarding a topic I feel strongly about (Berserk, NGE). So in that respect I'm somewhat recognized, I guess. If I actually made real attempts at "approaching" and coming into contact with others here, like in user group, I'm sure I'd be far more recognized than I am now.

The thing is though that if you'd ask me to mention any Ecapist users, I'd probably wouldn't get past 10, yet nearly everyone posting in this very thread I recognize instantly the moment I see their avatar/user name.
PsychicTaco115 said:
I don't mean to brag but I'm kind of a big deal here

Well, my ego likes to think so

Prove my ego right!
Why? I'm not sure. Except for PsychicTaco.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
PsychicTaco115 said:
I don't mean to brag but I'm kind of a big deal here

Well, my ego likes to think so

Prove my ego right!
Let the ego stroking begin! Here's a video just for you:

OT: I think some people recognize me. Mostly because I post fairly regularly in the forum games section. Elsewhere on the forums... probably not so much.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
The Lunatic said:
Some people are really rather disdainful towards me!
Huh-wha?! I don't buy it.

NO ONE feels disdainful towards a man in a thong. Especially if they're British.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think I'm all that well known. I only post on forum threads that interest me and I don't get involved with groups or anything.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Inside of the Forum Games and EUNPF I'm pretty well known. Outside of those probably not so much as I tend to stay away from active minefields instead of prancing around in them.

Dec 14, 2009
Eh, I wouldn't really know anymore. Don't really hang out in the forums as much as I used, I'm not really sure, I don't think it's entirely down to the site, I'm just very busy lately and I enjoy spending my down time doing something I know is fun, rather than hoping a new thread that isn't depressing takes off from he first page, which seems to be happening less and less lately.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Little Woodsman said:
I do not even exist.

Stop That!

Not just a Cubone.... a sleepy Cubone!

It's no surprise that you keep imagining something like that. 3:)

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Ehh, I'm sure my avatar is recognised every now and again, as that Geralt picture is pretty iconic. Anyone who listens to black metal may even recognise the username, seeing as it's comprised of two very renown bands in the genre. Other than those small recognitions, my presence would be especially humble. I don't post all that often, and when I do it's usually something pretty innocent that doesn't warrant any reply. I also don't go into any of those usergroups, which I believe is how a lot of people get to know each other.

But eh, I'm content with this.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Little Woodsman said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Little Woodsman said:
I do not even exist.

Stop That!

Is he sleepy?

I thought he was just being sad, but he's still being adorable though.

Poor little guy is probably all tuckered out from swinging that little club of his.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
The Wykydtron said:
I think i'm kinda recognisable, I even have friends here would you believe. I think i'm sort of expected to post something about Persona 4 in a JRPG thread at the least. That or find an excuse to explain in detail the failings of the protagonist in Persona 3 and how he singlehandedly ruins the theme of the game.
After I started taking breaks from posting you usurped me. *shakes fist*
OP: I'm sure some people recognize me on here. Most reactions are probably negative.
Eyyyyyy I remember you for absolutely zero negative reasons at least. I'm sort of on a posting hiatus myself in a way, though my post history might make the claim a bit shaky. I used to be able to post on the entire front page of the Gaming and OT boards but now I look through and i'm like "No, no, no, SUPER no, maybe if I gauge the mood a few posts in, yes, no, god no, line of sexism threads lol no." T_T I have to be absent from those for my personal safety you see cuz that shit is srs bsns afuckingpparently.

I would make a thread of my own but my topics might be a bit out there for most people (let's have a Best Girl thread!) and safe post favourite X threads only work so many times.
I made that thread a while back. It actually went over pretty well.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Little Woodsman said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Little Woodsman said:
I do not even exist.

Stop That!

Is he sleepy?

I thought he was just being sad, but he's still being adorable though.

Poor little guy is probably all tuckered out from swinging that little club of his.
Well you are the one imagining it, you ought to know. ;)

Stop that! People here are really beginning to wonder! 3:)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm probably recognized, but I doubt people outside of a couple usergroups even know by basic personality. :D

(I was so sure that 25000 posts would be the answer... ;___;)

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Nah, I'm a nobody around here. I just don't post consistently enough to make an impression, I think.

That, and I'm constantly worried that voicing an opinion will cause at least half the users here to hate me. I didn't say it was rational, but still...

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Shhhhh, I have 3 glasses of beer but frequency is nonexistent. I'm more of a sit back kinda guy.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Bah, like I would let anyone notice me....at least until my plans are ready.

I don't post nearly enough to be a name anyone could pull off the top of their heads, even though normally I'm here at least once a day.