Poll: Your presence on the Escapist.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Neonbob said:
I was unaware that you guys had preferential terms.
*flying star*
The more I know...
Personally, I don't really care if people get them mixed up. I'm more of a forgive-and-forget kind of resurrected fish. I used to be a clown fish before my death, and that relaxed personality still exists now. It also explains why I spend most of my time here saying stupid things that I hope people find funny.

The zombie sharks on the other hand. Man, are they trigger happy if you so much as ever slip up.

And of course it is! A man's gotta have a hobby.
Indeed he must. And what a hobby to have, wiping out all those deceitful whales.

lacktheknack said:
No, Sassafrass is still the glorious leader at 70k.

SOON, MY DEAR FISH. SOON.
Good good. Keep up the fine work, chaps. Not too long now until 100k.

[sub][sub][sub]And when that happens, all the pieces will start falling into place. Muahahahahahahahahah. Wait, am I still writing this? Sh*t, there goes my plan. Right, back to fading into obscurity until my next plan starts coming to fruition then-Oh wait, I can't even do that anymore. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.865282.21617588] Thanks Little Miss Sober! >=([/sub][/sub][/sub]

TheRightToArmBears said:
(I was 14. I was a dumb kid.)
*checks profile*

You know, for some reason I always thought you were older than me. What. The. Hell.

Also, your username is awesome. Whenever I see it I always think of something like this [http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cause-fuck-you.jpg].

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I think I'm pretty under the radar, don't really post much. In fact a decent chunk of these posts came from an RP group, but that died when a lot of irl stuff happened, and that was a couple of years ago so I doubt that they'd remember me if they still frequent these forums.

Oct 10, 2011
I find it funny how I recognize almost everyone in this thread, even the people who say that nobody knows of thier existence.

Anyway, I'd think a good amount of people know me around these parts.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
I watch Moviebob, ZP and listen to all the podcasts each week. I only comment on pretty specific threads, barely any big ones.

Take for example the GG stuff. Didn't participate. Don't want to. Oh I have plenty of strong opinions and ideas about it, but no I am not going to share them. My life is stressful enough, arguing about things that do not affect me in anyway, that is guaranteed to cause me stress, no thanks. It sounds selfish but I have enough of my own issues to deal with before I start worrying about people outside of those I interact with.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
I'm pretty sure people don't even read my posts. But then again I feel no one notices me in real life also so, take that with a grain of salt.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
GrumbleGrump said:
I'm pretty sure people don't even read my posts. But then again I feel no one notices me in real life also so, take that with a grain of salt.
There are advantages to being a wall-flower, as it were.
Popularity is like a lightning rod; it's flashy and far more painful than cool.
Or at least, however cool it seems from the outside.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
I'm nearly invisible at this point. I was posting a bit a while back, but I'm so f'n tired of the endless GG vs. anti-GG crap that inevitably invades every thread that I've been just avoiding the forums about 95% of the time lately.

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I think a select few know me as I know them, I recognize a few who have posted. If anyone does know me congratulations I congratulate you because I post so little Usually what happens is I come to the site get really talkative for a while then fall back into lurking Right now I've fallen back into lurking. If you don't know my name then you've probably seen my avatar around before.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really know. I've been here for six years (six years? What the hell, time?) and my post count is bearing down on five figures, but I've never gotten very involved in any usergroups. I kinda hope that my frankly fabulous avatar makes up for my cringeworthy username (I was 14. I was a dumb kid.), but I never really got the impression anyone paid me that much attention. Now excuse me whilst I go wipe the tears out of my keyboard.
I always liked your username...

*realises that I have the sense of humour of a dumb kid*
When I came up with it I genuinely thought I was some kind of comedy genius... seeing it every day kinda sucked any humour out of it, as well as realising that loads of smug American Democrats have it plastered on their bumpers.

Zombie_Fish said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
(I was 14. I was a dumb kid.)
*checks profile*

You know, for some reason I always thought you were older than me. What. The. Hell.

Also, your username is awesome. Whenever I see it I always think of something like this [http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cause-fuck-you.jpg].
Well, I am grouchy and forgetful so it's an easy mistake to make.

WarpedLord said:
I'm nearly invisible at this point. I was posting a bit a while back, but I'm so f'n tired of the endless GG vs. anti-GG crap that inevitably invades every thread that I've been just avoiding the forums about 95% of the time lately.
Fear not! We had a collective whinge and now it's all been banished from Off-Topic.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
My stealth skill on this site has reached 100. :D

I fell off the face of the Escapist a few years ago, and I'm... not really back, but I'm trying not play more Fallout so I can get to bed at a reasonable time for once, so, yo!

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I'd be very surprised if anyone recognizes me. I don't really post all that often but I do enjoy a good lurk round these parts.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I would think that people with strong opinions on social issues and some technical ones would probably be aware of me. No idea about the broader scope of the site though.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Who are you people?

I would like to think that after almost 4 years here, people at least recognise the avatar.

I don't post that much, there seem to be spells of tons of stuff I comment on and then days when nothing interests me. And of course you can find me moaning about Aston Villa on the Premier League user group every now and then.

I pretty much write silly and sarcastic comments, I don't take anything that seriously and whenever I post something that I think might upset someone and no one responds I do breathe a sigh of relief.

Or people just don't care about what I say, in which case you're all a bunch of arseholes and I've had sex with your mum/dad/parental guardian.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
GrumbleGrump said:
Your Gimble Gramp avatar and username caught my eye. How can I ignore a Grump face in the crowd?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Pretty sure that at least a few people recognize me (Probably a safe bet when you don't change your avatar for three years of reasonable activity ;) ), though whether anyone thinks anything of me other than "Oh god it's that longwinded guy again! D:" is another question entirely. On the flip side, there are a lot of people here I recognize at least by avatar.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
WarpedLord said:
Seriously, you need your own badge. You joined in 2009 and you only yhave 75 posts!?

Especially when compared to this guy:

Mikeybb said:
I am quiet and mostly underfoot.
Joined in about 3 months ago and has almost 1000 posts.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Just for the fun of it:

The long-winded, slightly obsessive fun of it.

Colour Scientist said:
I do not recognise you. The name rings a bell, I think some French chick used something similar, but your avatar frightens and confuses me.

Dragonlayer said:
I recognise you, both name and avatar. Wouldn't say I know you at all though.

TheKasp said:
I remember seeing you about the place.

TizzytheTormentor said:
Another familiar name, another frightening and confusing avatar.

Barbas said:
Strangely, I know your name but I associate no particular avatar with it.

Wandering_Hero said:
I remember seeing your name about the place.

Sassafrass said:
I've seen you once or twice, but not nearly as much as your astronomical post count would suggest.

JoJo said:
I wouldn't say I know you, but you are familiar to me.

MysticSlayer said:
Recognise you. Kept the same avatar for a long time. Good man.

Hoplon said:
Avatar vaguely familiar, name unknown.

shrekfan246 said:
I remember you. I liked your posts.

Casual Shinji said:
You I know, in that I remember stuff about you beyond username and avatar.

Eclipse Dragon said:
I remember you. You draw dragons! Although I have on occasion confused you with user Dragonbums which is a totally understandable mistake to make.

Wintermute said:
I haven't seen much of you, but I remember your name.

Dead Century said:
Your avatar is familiar to me.

sky14kemea said:
Oh come now, everybody who's somebody knows the spidermod. Thanks for your god-only-knows-how-many-years of patient mod duty. It was a pleasure to have been graced with the sweet sting of your mod wrath.

PsychicTaco115 said:
Phht.

PainInTheAssInternet said:
Not as invisible as you think. I remember your name.

Aerosteam said:
Yes, fine, I remem... wait, there's a 'My Escapist' page? Huh. Well, now I guess I know what you look like too.

Pink Gregory said:
I recognise you. Your avatar is cute and blessedly consistent.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
I suspect you are better remembered than you think.

The Wykydtron said:
Hello to you to. I think of you as 'Persona and League of Legends Guy' and I always shall. Also, apparently your avatar is a demigod of gaming or something?

Hero in a half shell said:
I do indeed recognise your avatar. Also your name.

DizzyChuggernaut said:
I remember you from the 'Record your Voice' thread.

Dandark said:
I do indeed recognise your avatar. I always think it's Batou from Ghost in the Shell, even though I'm pretty sure it's not.

Zachary Amaranth said:
All hail the fearless vanguard of the SJW ranks.

leberkaese said:
Consider your mission accomplished. I recognise your avatar.

DanielBrown said:
I recognise your name. Mostly because I went to school with someone named Daniel Brown and I always kind of wondered if you might be him. Looking at your profile, it seems highly unlikely.

Scars Unseen said:
I recognise your avatar. Also you username, which always makes me wonder if it's just a dramatic sounding screen name or a reference to past hardships.

Marter said:
I like to picture you as a great, lonely titan striding through the desert of User Reviews. Which, now that I say it, sounds kind of unflattering.

Oh, and I watched Scorpion King 3 because of you. I hope you're bloody happy.

Frission said:

The Goat Tsar said:
Also recognise your avatar. It's cute.

Baffle said:
Aaaaand another avatar recognised. I always think it's Anikin Skywalker, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a guy with a towel on his head.

Phasmal said:
I don't think you come across as grumpy. Perhaps somewhat exasperated at times. Which is totally different.
(Also remember you from the accent thread. It's surprisingly humanising to be able to attach an actual voice to a username. More so than a photo even.

MarsAtlas said:
Ah yes, another loyal member of the SJW brigade. Keep fighting the good fight. (Also, for a time I was constantly confusing you with user CloudAtlas.)

The Lunatic said:
I recognise you. For reasons.

At least I think I do. Your avatar used to be a somewhat anthropomorphized hyena/African hound, right?

Okay, bugger this, that'll have to do. If I knew how long this was going to take I wouldn't have started.