Poll: Your Warhammer 40K race?

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
I consider myself a Tau player, although I have 'Nids, Guard, Daemonhunters, and Tau (gimme a break, I've been doing this for fifteen years).

Funny story: I'm going to a tourney April the second, bringing my Daemon Hunters.
But wait! The Daemonhunter codex is being updated to the Wank Knights ... I mean Grey Knights on April the first, penned by none other than drooling Marine fanboy Mat Ward! "What to do?" I ask the organizer, it turns out that if I go to the trouble of buying the new codex on the first I can use the new rules in spite of the tourney requiring a list be e-mailed two weeks prior to the start. All I need to do is have two lists; one with the old codex because my opponent might not like playing against an army he (or she, but let's be realistic) isn't familiar with, and another because my opponent might be a mouth-breathing neckbeard who doesn't care that the new codex has only been out for twenty four hours; you must play with the most recent rules.

"Well well...", I said to myself, looking through the PDF ... I mean local hobby store open copy. The Babycarrier Dreadknight ... I mean Nemesis Dreadknight may be published fanwank the likes of which the Black Library would never dare to inflict on anybody, but the statline looks like a very good points/performance ratio. Can I put two of these together in a single day AND make an army list?

Well, no... I can't...

Luckily there's a clause in the tourney rules; 'You may use non-GW models', since it's not an actual GW tourney. And just look at this; I've got a pair of 1/100 HG Gundam Wing Action Figure Model Kits (Epyon and Wing Zero no less) aching for a turn with my airbrush! I'm sure if I just base them on a CD in the same pose as a Grey Knight Terminator standing between their legs it'll be just as good if not superior to their Cidadel cousins!

It's time to make some mouth-breathing, neck-bearded, stained-tshirt wearing fanboys very, VERY angry.
Or, at least I hope so.>:3

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Honestly? You cant beat Imperial Guard longcoats. Gimme a damned flashlight! I have cosmic horrors to face!

I think its a credit to 40k lore that this poll is so balanced! :D
SM and IG only have a small lead!

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
TypeSD said:
Marines :Blood Angels. Send Mephiston in. Bring him out. Rinse, repeat.
I hate you so much.

My Space Marines got raped by Mephiston. He destroyed my Lysander, a ten man squad, a bunch of my teammates Imp. Guard.... and received one wound. I fucking hate Blood Angels for that one bloody guy.

Skade

Mar 27, 2009
Although I do favor Chaos Space Marines nowadays, my absolute favourite are Squat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_%28Warhammer_40,000%29

So: no vote.

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
For the Great Father and the Emperor!!!! I will always love the Blood Ravens. Esp after reading the Blood Ravens Omnibus.

Maveron

Dec 5, 2010
Guard: they require thought for the infantry, or alternatively "whine louder space marine, I can't hear you over my ordonance templates"

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Chaos. I love Nurgle because, even though he is the god of rot, he is still the nicest one out of all the gods. He captured an Eldar goddess and continually gives her different plagues (She has extreme healing powers, so she can't die from the plagues), but that's because that's how he shows his love for her. It's the only way he can. Combine that with the fact that his units (Most of them) are all badass and you have a formula for greatness.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
In DoW, I really like the Chaos Marines for their excellent blend of durability, flexibility, and stopping power; fluff-wise I like the IG most (mostly thanks to Ciaphas Caine & company); and on the tabletop I prefer the Blood Angels because of their hideously broken abilities and tactics.

I mean....get commander Dante and a full-sized infantry death company with jetpacks, and POW! Thirty-two heavily-armed berserkers in powered armor parachute behind enemy lines and absolutely rape anything in their way.
Send an LR-C crashing (Or deepstriking!) through the enemy lines, spraying bombs and smoke grenades in every direction, and have 8 furious-charge-fearless terminators obliderate their entire HQ.
Flamethrowers. Blood Lance. Goodbye Avatar, howling Banshees, and Eldrad. All in the same turn.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
I only played fantasy but the race I would chose would be tyranids. There is an obvious pattern here.

Giuglea

Dec 2, 2010
Canadish said:
Giuglea said:
Protoss..for obvious reasons..^^
Heretic!!! *BLAM*

Take your Star Craft and shove it! ;)

Well..i will take my superior RTS and go..even yahtzee called Warhammer 40k fans gelatinous goo living in caverns..sooo i guess he knows best..though nice space marine fanatical impression on your side..

randomlynessive

Feb 19, 2008
wheres the grey knights option damnit! Dont say they're space marines, cause they are to space marines what space marines are to IG

beniki

May 28, 2009
Orks.

You see, orks is never defeated in battle. If we win, we win, and fungus beer all 'round. If we die, we're dead, and don't care, so it don't count as defeat. And if we run away, we can just come back and 'ave another go, see?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Kenko said:
Merkavar said:
Stop poking me (woops that warcraft orks)
Yeah they dont say that in DoW games.... They do however say "Who's dat talkin?!" when you select them ;)
They also tell you to "SOD OFF."
OP: Necrons. We will consume all in our masters' Red Harvest. Oh GOD the C'Tan are epic. :D StarVampireGods.