Poll: You're pregnant. What do you do?

Sara Fontaine

Sep 20, 2010
I'll just copy what I put in the Pro Choice vs Pro Life thread;

If I found out tomorrow that I was pregnant I would almost definately have a termination. I'm not saying that I might not feel different in the actual circumstance, but I do think it's unlikely. There are several reasons for this;

1)I'm unemployed, and struggling to find work. As such, I can barely afford to live as it is; to add another life onto that budget would be a nightmare. I want to at least have a job before I start thinking about bringing someone into this world.

2)My partner and I aren't in a position where we can provide a stable home yet. I live with my mother and I wouldn't dream of using her willingness to let me live here while I look for work just so I could get a live in babysitter. My partner lives in a one bedroom flat; I don't feel it's anywhere near enough room for two adults and a baby to live in even temporarily. And while on the subject of my partner, I've already discussed this with him at length, and he says that he completely understands my reasons and will support me no matter what choice I might make in the future. So please don't use the 'what about the father' argument on me, because I am thinking about him in all this.

3)This is probably my main reason. It's not that I don't want to become a mother. I know that eventually I will want and will have a child of my own, because I'm already getting 'broody' moments. I'm not even scared of the prospect of giving birth (to tell the truth I'm more scared of that needle they put in your hand). But when I think about living in my current situation, but with another human being that's completely and utterly dependent on me to look after it, feed it properly and make sure it's healthy and safe all of the time, the idea physically makes me feel sick with worry and nerves, and I can't even imagine how terrified I'd feel if I were actually pregnant. Not every woman leaps with joy upon the discovery that they're pregnant, and this reaction to me is a sign that I'm not yet ready to have a child. When my body feels ill at the prospect of having a baby, I'm going to listen to it because it's trying to tell me something.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
Keep the child, I had sex knowing full well the consequences, and I am adult enough to accept them

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
My wife and I don't plan on kids. It's not something we feel ready for and frankly we're just not interested in becoming ready. However, people often don't feel ready and still manage. So, we'd manage. My wife would not want to have an abortion and I would never pressure her to do so. The possibility of having a child is something we need to be ready to accept as a potential consequence of sex, regardless of how careful we are. The alternative of course, is to stop having sex.

Sara Fontaine

Sep 20, 2010
Crenelate said:
Sara Fontaine said:
to tell the truth I'm more scared of that needle they put in your hand)
They put a needle in your hand?! o_o
Mum told me that when I was born they set up an IV line into her hand to give her fluids. I watch a maternity ward documentary series too and most of the women have a line set up for the majority of their stay.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Abortion

I am in NO way able to even consider having a child or raising it to term, in fact the very Idea horrfies me

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
As I'm 100% gay, I'm about as likely to get pregnant as the sun is to fall into the sea. So if it somehow happens, then I'm the 2nd coming of Mary. I'd be tempted to extort all the churches in the world for major cash in exchange for not aborting their divine message or whatever, but I probably would just have the abortion anyway. Don't want kids, even divine ones.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm a MAN! What the hell?! I don't have the parts for this! I also don't want to go through the pains that any woman has to, because I KNOW they're many times worse than a kick to the balls!!!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
BOOM headshot65 said:
Wait, wait, wait...WHAT?! But I am a dude?! How does this work?!?!?!

ps, the poll makes me sad (50% abortion)
Considering that the majority of this site are under 25 and in no position to raise a child, I say that's only logical. The likelihood of those people actually getting pregnant is very small. They are probably taking precautions since they obviously don't want a child (if they are having sex at all).

OT: If I fell pregnant at this point in time it would either be rape or magic, and I don't want to be responsible for a child concieved by rape at this age, and I never want to be responsible for the second coming.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I thought "ABORT" before making any jokes about not being able to bear children.

[sub]Killmaimslaughterpillagecannibalise[/sub]

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
I imagine my girlfriend and I would probably give the child up for adoption (she's adopted, so it seems fitting really). This is after I spend a few hours/days/weeks/months convincing her that her life isn't over (she was raised to see it that way, and I know that's how her family would see it). Hell, I'm nowhere near being independent, mature or financially stable enough to bring a child into this world and raise them right.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
As a male, if I were pregnant, I'd be prepared to make millions off public appearances for defying nature!
However if we were referring to my GF, then it would be her decision. I would be fine with whatever she chose.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
If I were to knock a girl up right now, I'd prefer her to keep the kid but give it up for adoption. I'm politically pro-choice, but personally pro-life. Once I graduate from high school and college, though, I'd like to raise the kid.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I'm nowhere near responsible enough to take care of a child. Abortion and on with my life I go.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
Be really freaked out and perform this skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
But if my gf is pregnant, it wouldn't be that big of a deal really. I already have two daughters and having kids isn't really that hard and I make plenty of money.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i picked other because it would be up to my girlfriend to decide. i'd back her up no matter what though

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's a seriously question, not to be decided lightly. I would have to stop and think for some time about teh correct response.

I am certain I'd make a truly horrible parent, though.