Poll: You're pregnant. What do you do?

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
If I got someone pregnant I would keep it. I want a family, my family is very family oriented. Planned or not, I would take full responsibility, even if it meant not buying myself anything for the rest of my life.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
While politically I have nothing against abortion, I myself could not bring myself to take the chance of killing something. So adoption. I hate the little shits.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
If I had a girlfriend and managed to knock her up I think I'd have a mental breakdown and a long life evaluation before finally throwing in my 2 cents to keep it. Though it's her body that would have to go through with it and I'd ultimately leave it up to her. I'm not for abortion or adoption and if I need to man up and be a father than so be it.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Well I would probably have a marine push me out the airlock. If I am host to an alien baby, then I think I have the balls to sacrifice myself for the good of mankind.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Female:

My chances of becoming pregnant are slim due to fertility issues, and the older I get the smaller that window becomes. But if I did, I don't honestly know what I'd do at the start. My husband is thirty, and wouldn't want to have children too late in life but he is of the "If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then it doesn't" mind-set, so he doesn't seem to be bothered either way. However, it would most likely be my only opportunity to have a child - if I can carry that pregnancy to term, that is. Since that has twice been a problem before.

After careful consideration, I'd probably keep it.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
generic joke about guy who is pregnant BLARGH.
Just thought I'd get that out of the way.
I reckon that if I were to get someone pregnant (admittedly extremely unlikely) while it would ultimately be up to them, I'd prefer it if they didn't abort. I guess it's just that if I were stupid enough to do that I should have to deal with the consequences.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
I would recommend changing the title to "You/Your significant other" rather than just "you"
OT: If I had a girlfriend (OH GOD I'M SO LONELY! ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)) I would probably go for abortion as long as she was ok with it, no matter how awful it would make me feel. I, and anyone I would be dating, are in no position to be raising a child. Adoption also wouldn't entirely sit well with since going through a life like that, not knowing who your real mom and dad are, would suck.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
My girlfriend and I have spoken at length about what we'd do if she ever were to get pregnant.

We'd abort it. At this stage in life we are nowhere near ready to have a child. Sure, we could afford to raise one no problem, but we're not mature enough to handle it.

But I wrap my burrito and she's on the pill so I don't see that happening any time soon... But there is ALWAYS a chance.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Personally, I would either hope that we keep the baby and it reinforces our relationship, or if we simply don't have the resources or if we would be unable to raise the child or take care of them properly, adoption.

I despise abortion since I see it as a waste, but that sort of thing really is a case-by-case decision, and the mother is the ultimate decider. However, I will still see adoption as the better option, simply because there are always people who want a child and simply can't have them themselves for one reason or another, and will adopt.

However, if I happen to be the father of a boy, girl, twins, or any number of children, whichever sex they are, I think I would want to take the chance and raise them myself. Who knows, I could be a great dad, even if I am extremely quirky and would probably raise them to spout off bad puns and innuendos at the first opportunity.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Startling number of people said abortion... so here are some things I would like to point out.

-By week 8 of an unborn child's life, every organ is present and has begun to form. By week 12, they respond to physical stimulation and can, therefore, feel pain.
-The criteria for being considered "living" or "human" do not include being expelled from a birth canal.
-Pregnancies as a result of rape and incest do not happen nearly as often as pro-choicers would have you think. Even if they did, why punish a child for something their father did?

Escapists,

Y U NO REALIZE THAT ABORTION IS INFANTICIDE?!

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Sue my vasectomy doctor for malpractice; use money for abortion.

We have two kids and while we are exceptionally happy with them, we do not want more.

Fun fact: 60% women who have abortions already have had at least one child.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
I used to be pro choice, but after some good conversations with a buddy, I had to change my mind. It boils down to doing the least amount of harm possible. One option causes discomfort and emotional pain to someone, the other kills somebody for no other reason than simply existing. There are other options afterall.

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
Wow.. Genuinely shocked that most people chose abortion. I'd keep because it's my responsibility. I mean, what kind of message would abortions send? "Make a mistake, just get a quick fix!" instead of "Make a mistake, deal with the responsibilities and consequences"?

I get that this is human life we're talking about here, but surely the message is the same?

EDIT: Hundredth post! Yay?

jaketaz

Oct 11, 2010
Wow, a ton of people picked abortion. I guess that is really an age-sensitive thing... the people that bone the most are young people, and they are also the people that )hopefully) least want children, so that's a good thing!

Commonly Confused

Jan 30, 2012
CyanideSandwich said:
Wow.. Genuinely shocked that most people chose abortion. I'd keep because it's my responsibility. I mean, what kind of message would abortions send? "Make a mistake, just get a quick fix!" instead of "Make a mistake, deal with the responsibilities and consequences"?

I get that this is human life we're talking about here, but surely the message is the same?

EDIT: Hundredth post! Yay?
I would have agreed with that point not too long ago.
But there are so many people who literally cannot afford supporting another life. It is not always a matter of, "Oops I made a mistake please suck it out."
An abortion is not a carefree process; there is a lot of emotional stress that goes along with it.

As for carrying a child to term and then putting it up for adoption, look at the numbers. Children are being dumped in orphanages and adoption centers and they are not getting the attention they need and deserve.

It is not fair to bring a child into the world when it is not wanted. That is my belief.

Assuming you have the financial resources to care for it however (as your commitment is not to be doubted), I fully commend your choice.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Well first off I'd be running to a church and begging forgiveness for all the bad shit I've ever done cause apparently the second coming is being born through me as I'm still very much a virgin.

Seriously though, if I ended up pregnant (though how I would I don't know as I generally despise people and have issues with being touched even in the most platonic of manners) I'd probably put the kid up for adoption. I don't believe in abortion except in certain situations, I'm currently having trouble finding a job, and I'm about as responsible as a 5 year old so I doubt I'm make a good mommy.

EDIT: I wanted to add though that if I had a respectable pay and maybe a little more responsibility and probably a father to this child (and he WOULD take responsibility because I WOULD be on the pill if this happened) then I would at least attempt to raise the child. I do believe it's my resposibility to tend to the child, but would try to do whatever seemed best for the baby.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Being a man, if I was to become pregnant I would get a C-Section. Then I would donate my womb and my child to science to discover how such a thing was possible in the first place.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Call the international newspapers and offer them an exclusive with the second.. erm third man to become pregnant.
While I voted for abortion I would say that I would possibly consider putting whatever comes out (in whatever way) on eBay.

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
Keep the child, I had sex knowing full well the consequences, and I am adult enough to accept them
Best reply in the whole thread.

[img/]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9fswWJwX1qfaknl.gif[/img]