Poorly Reviewed Games You Enjoyed

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
I'm not sure if you would call it poorly received, but I think that Bioshock2 is criminally underrated. Along those lines I also think Darksiders 2 deserved better reviews than it got, although neither game is widely hated. I guess that I personally find that I dislike more well-rated games than I like poorly rated ones.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I believe this got bad reviews. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage.

While it does get a bit monotonous wandering around waiting for enemies, the combat is somehow just so enjoyable. Watching enemies explode into pools of blood, Ken punching the enemy like a 1000 times, gets me pumped.

"You are already dead."

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Bioshock 2.
I freaking loved it! I didn't even know people hated until I've discovered Zero Punctuation.

Dragon Age 2.
Sure it has a lot of problems and I've acknowledged them during my play, still loved the game.

Dead to Rights (very first one)
I couldn't care less about plot, but battle system and that section with prison mini-games were awesome.

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
TP Potatosalad said:
Advent Rising: got pretty poor reviews but I loved the story and soundtrack so I enjoyed it despite a lot of legitimate complaints.
This. I played this game at least five times. I'm so hoping for a sequel in my lifetime. :)

WildFire15

Jun 18, 2008
Definitely enjoyed some of the more imaginative bits of Duke Nukem Forever, while Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is one of my favourite games

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
NordicWarrior said:
Gothic
Gothic 2
Gothic 3
I'll give you the first two but part three really deserved all the hate it got, hands down.

I have two words to respond to this article and they are as follows:

Sega Dreamcast

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Alpha Protocol was really good, fuck the haters.
I can also see the Budokia Tenkaichi series really easily getting shat upon by reviewers but I fuckin' love 'em.

The story behind Alpha Protocol was AAA, but the mechanics of it were of a game still in it's alpha stages. Had the company put a couple more months into bug fixing and ironing out the systems, I would wager that the entire escapist community would be raving about Alpha Protocol 3's upcoming release. Because, lets be honest, that really was the kind of thing we want in our secret agent style RPGs...... They just didn't clean it up.

I remember REALLY liking Cel Damage for the original Xbox, IGN gave it a 6.5 I probably would have gone with an 8, just based on the amount of fun my friends and I had beating each other up with those cartoon cars.

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
The new SimCity game. Maybe it's a guilty pleasure of mine, but despite the Origin/always online requirements I actually rather enjoy the immersion it offers, as well as collaborating with other player cities. Being able to see them from your own city also helps with immersion.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Pretty sure it's universally hated, but I had a good time playing Army of Two with my nephew a few years ago.

Also, words cannot describe the sheer amount of joy I had while messing around in Crackdown 2 with my best friends. It wasn't that poorly reviewed, though.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Postal 2. I know it's terribly made and incredibly glitchy, but I've had a lot of fun with it,especially its expansions.

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
Alpha Protocol was a good, if pretty flawed, stealth game in my opinion. I loved the dialogue options, enjoyed some of the levels, like the story and I think that that mute girl was awesome.

I also like the Naruto and DBZ games many critics seem to love bashing.

What else....OH!I think Alone in The Dark (the new one) was a pretty interesting game, if extremely flawed and poorly executed in many ways, but as an experiment I think it's kinda fascinating, almost everything in that game tries to be original or innovate in some way. Sure, it wasn't good in the end, but I prefer playing a game that fails at it's ambitions than a game that fails because it tries nothing new.

risue

Apr 3, 2010
Winter Voices, its not a game for everyone and isn't well known for a reason, but i really enjoyed it.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
The Guild 2 is one of my favorite games, but as it turns out I'm apparently one of a very few minority that actually likes the medieval based business simulator.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
I'm going in a complete opposite direction with this: Excellent Reviewed Games I Hated

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was terrible, awful, shitty, boring, and fucking terrible.
List of why:
- Great flying mechanic. Too bad everything and everyone to interact with was on one fucking flying island! "Here, fly through these rings! Starfox!"
- The term "hand-holding" doesn't even hold a candle to what this game forced you into. "Oh, you're trying to explore this area? There's a 85% chance that I'll point out an exact spot you have to go to and do the exact thing I'm going to say. This is fun, right? Okay, I'll come back in 30 seconds!"
- Lack of all-round creativity that I expect from a Zelda game. Especially gameplay. "Oh, you like the flying? How about we introduce an item that flies, too? Clever!"
- Dungeons were terrible. "Oh, we're trying to get away from the whole overworld-dungeon exploration mechanic that's been a staple of the franchise for 20 games." Ya, well, good for you for trying something new, but it sucked. Terrible implementation.

Captcha: SOUR GRAPES.
Ya, I'm sour. How could you tell?

CptRichards

Feb 17, 2011
The Last Remnant was really fun in my opinion. Reviewers shredded it for generic and nonsensical story and blah blah blah but I had countless hours upon hours of fun with it. It was hard, thought provoking, and just an absolute blast. Not a perfect game by any means but not worthy of the 4-5 most reviewers gave it.

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011
Just like everyone else is saying: Alpha protocol it was a really fun game that had some problems.

As my avatar would suggest Prince of Persia (2008) probably one of my favorite games of all time despite all the haters cause it was repetitive or something of the sort.