Portal 2 is "Absolutely the Best" Game Valve Has Ever Made

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
the real metric is if YAHTZEE will elevate Portal2 above Portal.

If he does, than this man is correct that it is the best damn single player game valve has ever made XD
Is anyone else tempted to send him a pair of forks with portal designs on them?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
haha well that says something!
luckily the hype for me isn't too great
I'm very interested, but it's not the "omg I GOTTA BUY thisss"
...so basically interest/hype in just the best balance for now (gonna see if it warrants a full purchase...but not in the impulsive way)

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Ekit said:
Valve's continuous attempts to hype up Portal 2 to the equivalent of the second coming of Christ just makes me more sceptical.
I wish they would just shut up about Portal 2 already.
This. Advertising is cool and all, but it's not like the seriously need to try to build all this hype. I think most people were willing to buy it based on the fact that has "Portal" in the name.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Akalabeth said:
Are they still talking about Portal? Who cares, where's Episode 3??
Portal 2 is like... less than a week from release. Can't you people control yourselves?

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Akalabeth said:
The sooner it's released and fades into obscurity and out of the collective consciousness the better.
Fade into obscurity like... every other valve game ever made?

*scans internet quickly to find tens of thousands of mentions of gravity guns, companion cubes, left4dead zombies, headcrabs, spies with too many cigarettes, superbuttons, crowbars, the heavy, etc.*

So... what, you got something against great games or something?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I feel strangely apathetic towards Portal 2.

I mean I'm looking forward to it and all, but... I dunno... to me it's just another barrier to the game I really want from them.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Why is he saying this? I know for a fact Portal 2 won't blow my mind like Half Life 2 did. For god sake its using the same engine! (Don't get me wrong, Portal 2 will be awesome... but better than HL2? Woah.. Can't see it happening)

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
Listening to any comments about any product before it is released is just asking for trouble. And listening to any comments about someone whose job depends on a certain opinion of a product is almost a magnitude worse. Honestly, I don't even know why this warrants a mention at all.

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
You can't blame valve for trying to hype up their game. Sure they're a consumer friendly company, but they're still a company.

That is assuming they aren't being serious here, which in that case. O.O

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I will be the judge of whether it really is that good, well ok me and millions of other people across the world, but you get the point.

I am however, skeptical about the continued hype. As Yahtzee once said, constant hype makes me more suspicious than excited. Sure it's Valve, but as much as people will deny it, there is a possibility that they can make a bad game. I'm not saying it will be bad, I'm just saying it's possible.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
I don't doubt for a second that it won't be fantastic. I believe him.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
NightmareTaco said:
Why's everyone doubting Valve? Has Valve let us down yet? :)
left 4 dead 2
and episode 3

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any shooters this year but dammit portal looks tempting

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
NightmareTaco said:
left 4 dead 2
and episode 3

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any shooters this year but dammit portal looks tempting
Don't worry, just go buy it, its not a shooter. Not even close.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
TheComedown said:
The Rockerfly said:
NightmareTaco said:
left 4 dead 2
and episode 3

Don't worry, just go buy it, its not a shooter. Not even close.
well it is but... I want it quite badly but I will wait until reviews and if it is the godly game of the year kind of game then fuck my rules I am the law I will buy it

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
well it is but... I want it quite badly but I will wait until reviews and if it is the godly game of the year kind of game then fuck my rules I am the law I will buy it
Well it isn't. Just because a game is in the First person perspective doesn't make it a shooter, there are loads of shooters that aren't first, or even third person perspective. Shooters are characterized by guns and killing people/aliens/robots etc with said guns. The only gun in portal is the portal gun, and it aint going to kill anyone, not directly anyway, portal first and foremost is a puzzle game. Calling portal a shooter is like calling cod a platformer cause you get to climb over some walls and occasionally up a them.