Portal 2 - Is it REALLY worth it?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It is a fantastic game. It's a little short, but it is of fantastic quality. Also, by short, I mean comparable to the single player of a number of games these days. And the DLC that is in the works is sure to up the hours of play a decent amount. If you are a value gamer, looking for time spent to dollars ratio, then you may have to look at it as an investment, with some payoff now, and more later. But if your concern is playing something spellbinding, then get it right away.

That Greek Guy

Jul 29, 2009
its short
graphics are above mediocre
engine is dated
and enviroments keep repeating.

im sorry now but i have to go play for a few more days to find more flaws

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Appleshampoo said:
So is Portal 2 worth the purchase? Is it worth the hour of shouting my girlfriend will do when she finds out I've wasted her shoe money on buying a game?
To hell with her shoes, you've got science to do! Did Cave Johnson worry about his wife's shoe money when he told the boys to make him a portal gun? Hell no and do you know why? Because he's Cave Johnson that's why!!

Aug 1, 2010
Allow me to answer your question with a question.

Are you really asking that HERE? As in, the Valve fansite in disguise?

But yes, it's great. Better than the first in some ways, worse in others. It has an amazing amount of content, but it suffers from trying to do too much.

On the other hand, it's fantastic.

Buy it!

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Its actually on sale now http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-portal+2 So yea, I'd say its totally worth it.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
It's an awesome game but I find the 12 hours it takes to complete SP and coop is not worth $60
Very glad I rented

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Tomster595 said:
Its actually on sale now http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-portal+2 So yea, I'd say its totally worth it.
What the flipping crap? The digital copy is more expensive than the physical copy? You know I really loved the game and all, but now I just feel ripped off and slightly angry.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
yes, yes definitely yes

if you don't buy it you might suffer a lemon and fire related accident to your home

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Well, I personally loved it and I've played it over and over again since I got it. I must have played the single player all the way through around five times, including with developer commentary, but if you're really tight money wise, then I don't think waiting a while for it to cheapen or for you to have a little extra cash would be a terrible idea.

kokoska

Jun 11, 2010
short answer: yes

long answer: yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
It's more entertaining than most of the games out there these days, despite the short play-time. Definitely worth your money.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Cave Johnson makes this game worth every penny...

But yeah, in your situation, look for it on sale.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
You probably should've made this a pole. But yeah, I agree with most everyone. The game is worth the money. And if you're in the States, it's on sale from Gamestop for only $30.