Aug 9, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Woodsey said:
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
cough cough

Yeah. I'm loving Valve more and more now. Thanks for caring so much. /sarcasm

EDIT: I want to type really nasty words here... really nasty.
Caring so much about what?

Half-Life 2 had a fucking multiplayer component (so did Half-Life I believe), quit your whining.

OT: This could mean anything from, "all games will include co-op and/or multiplayer", to, "Steam will have increased community functions to help share your singlplayer experiences".

People need to stop pissing their pants over a single sentence, that hasn't even been said to us by Valve in the first place.
Im starting to think you would still defend Valve if it was revealed there games are powered by baby seal blood and Gabe eats the brains. Blatant fanboyism.
Making assumptions on the future of the company's games from an indirect quotation. Blatant fuck-face stupidity.

Multiplayer has always been present at Valve.
Sorry, somehow misinterpreted the statement as saying "No more just single player" IE games would have absolutely no pure single player component left. Mix of having german as ones mother language and the escapist writing the article in a pretty bad way (no offense guys). By the by, its you making assumptions now, where did I deny the fact that multiplayer has been present at valve from the very beginning? Nowhere, I even mentioned fucking TF2, I mean what the fuck.

But, yeah, fuck you and all. My statement still stands. The question is, who is fuck face stupid? The guy who misreads an article once, or the guy who will beg for valve cock no matter what while denying hes gay, so too speak.

Actually thinking about it im probably the stupid guy, while youre just a hypocritical asshole.

Now who wants to bet you will report me for insulting you eh? Would be ironic.
Oh yes, I love Valve cock (do companies only rent one out for the entire company these days?). How dare I point out to two people that they haven't read properly, or simply don't know what they're talking about. How dare I call you stupid for trying to assert my "blatant fanboyism", simply because I pointed out how someone else was wrong. How dare I disagree on the point that, since Valve have pretty much always done multiplayer, claiming they're turning their back on their fans is a stupid fucking idea.

And no, I won't report you. Having an IQ in the triple digits means that I can be called "gay" as an insult (there's a logic to that somewhere I assume) and not be offended.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
So what, does that mean in the next Half-Life someone could co-op with you as Alyx Vance?

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
fenrizz said:
And here I was, getting all psyched up for more Portal awesomeness in the years to come.

Apparantly not.

Thanks for nothing Valve
Really? They made two awesome games you really like but now you've heard a second-hand statement that vaguely implies there might not be a sequel to a game you like, therefore they've given you nothing?

The entitlement of some people is baffling. They've provided us with quality titles for years and been incredibly generous with prices and content. So they're going to maybe perhaps try out a little shift in their design philosophy. They've always been about innovation. Stop being such brats.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Echo136 said:
So what, does that mean in the next Half-Life someone could co-op with you as Alyx Vance?
As long as it's not mandatory, I'm down with that. I'd rather -not- have Alyx yell at me in the voice of any of my friends to hurry up and stop exploring the game, interrupting all of the dialogue, and then getting pissy when I tell them to shut the fuck up for a minute, but I appreciate that some people might find sharing the experience with another more meaningful.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Reading some of the comments here, I guess it is possible that this announcement is just being misunderstood as a big "fuck you" to people who like single-player games, when in actual fact it's just an honest indication of a minor deviation from their original market strategy towards a more socially-orientated one, and I will try to keep an open mind about it. Plus, he qualifies it, with a "probably", which is a slight relief.

That said, Keighly did say that this comes from all of Valve, which makes it a pretty official announcement, and companies usually don't issue official announcements without giving them due thought first. Thing is, anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that an announcement like "Portal 2 will probably be Valve's last game with an isolated single-player experience" is absolutely going to be understood by the majority as a big "fuck you" to single-player gamers.

Therefore, until being informed otherwise, this is the image that I'm going to retain from this comment. And I like to play single-player games.

-267 faith in Valve.

Apr 28, 2008
Um... every Valve game so far has had multiplayer of some sort. Except for Portal 1.

I find it funny at how many people are flipping their shit over Valve stating something that they've already started doing since Half Life 2, which is provide multiplayer portions of their games.

Half Life 1 had multiplayer
Half Life 2 had multiplayer

Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress are all multiplayer games.

Seriously people, calm the fuck down. They won't be abandoning single player, just including multiplayer in their games, which they've already been doing.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Ummmmm.. Valve. I loved Portal, but don't neglect Half Life, you still have a story unfinished...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
could it mean...cooperative gameplay options?!?! (and splitscreen?)

something of which this industry has been horrible about including

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
So...was this a triumph?
or are we a making a note here: Huge Failure?

If so...I'd be asking what happened to your legs.
Just be happy your still alive.

YawningAngel

Dec 22, 2010
So what this in fact means is that all future Valve games will have multiplayer? Because (if you count CS as the MP component of the Half-Life series) so far as I know they've all featured multiplayer anyway, the only exception being Portal. This is a non-story

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
For fuck's sake people, stop lossing your shit over one fucking quote from a guy, who heard it from another guy.

Seriously, just fucking chill, people are blowing this whole quote way out of proportion.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
This means we get to play coop in Half-Life 3 as Gordon Freeman with a gravity gun and
as Chell with a Portal Gun

DUM DUM DUM

pure speculation no proof

buying L4D2 while complaining about Activision making the same fucking game every year.
What's with hating on L4D2, it's better then L4D1. I've played hours upon hours of both games and L4D2 is much better objectively (more weapons, melee weapons, more gamemodes, more free dlc, more infected types)
You can't compare it to COD or yearly sequels game that activision put out, we haven't reached L4D3 have we.

P.S. Actually what other games is put out annually aside from COD and sports title (Guitar Hero is dead) I couldn't think of any.

Apr 28, 2008
gunner1905 said:
This means we get to play coop in Half-Life 3 as Gordon Freeman with a gravity gun and
as Chell with a Portal Gun

DUM DUM DUM

pure speculation no proof

buying L4D2 while complaining about Activision making the same fucking game every year.
What's with hating on L4D2, it's better then L4D1. I've played hours upon hours of both games and L4D2 is much better objectively (more weapons, melee weapons, more gamemodes, more free dlc, more infected types)
You can't compare it to COD or yearly sequels game that activision put out, we haven't reached L4D3 have we.

P.S. Actually what other games is put out annually aside from COD and sports title (Guitar Hero is dead) I couldn't think of any.
The EA Sports games. Madden is the big one.