Portal 2 Screens Feature Return of a Cubic Companion

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Most over rated game of the year.

I found portal boring, nothing special.

i think my distaste for this game stems from the valve fanboys who worship this game as a idol. can you all please just shut up with the forced memes?

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
I will never leave my Companion Cube again...even if he's not the most thrilling conversationalist...

lacktheknack said:
-Zen- said:
manythings said:
I've never gotten the big deal about the companion cube. I had it for about 6 minutes before the end of that section.
This. It's a box with a heart on it. Big whoop.
It's like Candlejack. The internet rises to the occasion to continue one minor gag until it becomes hilari
Ah! Why did you say his name?!

SpaceArcader

Mar 2, 2011
I would have been surprised if it wasn't there. The whole idea in Portal is that the cube was the only relationship you had besides GLaDos.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
GLaDOS says all Aperture devices can withstand tempertures of over 4,000 Kelvin. However, when hit with an Energy Pellet, the Gun disintegrates, thus making the Pellet over 4,000 degrees. This means that the Companion Cube and Turrets are Stronger then the Portal Gun and to whit does that mean the incinerators may not have actually destroyed our favourite friend?

It could all be a psychological test by GLaDOS (or she was fucking with us again) and CC is fine. Though with that logic didn't we drop GLaDOS in a similar incinerator..

man-man

Jan 21, 2008
New gameplay mechanic: portals through time

Obvious usage: Portal into the incinerator tube before the cube burns, and save it from its fiery death.

Probability of this occurring: zero. Portals through time would just be hideously gamebreaking (probably literally - run through a temporal loop enough times and you'd end up with a hundred Chells on screen at once. Then you block/remove the portal and cause a paradox)