Portal is FREE on Steam!

Dutchj

May 2, 2010
The store page is kinda dead though, luckily you can work around it. Free portal, yay!

But there's no sense crying over every mistake...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Fayathon said:
I'm snagging this even though I have a copy for my PS3, Portal's just too much fun to not want to play it on my PC.
I have the PS3 Orange Box too, and unfortunately the Orange Box for PC as well (for TF2).

So I cannot take advantage of this offer unfortunately

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
RamboStrategy said:
Even though I have it on my Xbox, I'm downloading it if my PC's up to specs (Which it probably isn't)

Valve is awesome just for doing this. Would Microsoft release a free Halo game? Would Sony release a free God of War? Nintendo a Mario? No. Valve is amazing.
Actually...Nintendo did.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo+-+Nintendo+DSi+Bundle+-+White/9906194.p?skuId=9906194&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9906194&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218192499698
Well, you still have to give Nintendo money for the DSi. Valve is just giving it away, unless you count having to own a PC, but most people who'd buy Portal have a computer because... well, it's 2010. And Valve wouldn't get any profit from it because they don't make computers, unlike Nintendo and the DSi.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
TimeLord said:
Fayathon said:
I'm snagging this even though I have a copy for my PS3, Portal's just too much fun to not want to play it on my PC.
I have the PS3 Orange Box too, and unfortunately the Orange Box for PC as well (for TF2).

So I cannot take advantage of this offer unfortunately
That's a bummer, free stuff is the best kind of stuff.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Wow! Thanks for the tip! The download servers are too busy right now for me to download it, but it will eventually. I always like free stuff, so thanks again!

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
RamboStrategy said:
Aura Guardian said:
RamboStrategy said:
Even though I have it on my Xbox, I'm downloading it if my PC's up to specs (Which it probably isn't)

Valve is awesome just for doing this. Would Microsoft release a free Halo game? Would Sony release a free God of War? Nintendo a Mario? No. Valve is amazing.
Actually...Nintendo did.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo+-+Nintendo+DSi+Bundle+-+White/9906194.p?skuId=9906194&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9906194&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218192499698
Well, you still have to give Nintendo money for the DSi. Valve is just giving it away, unless you count having to own a PC, but most people who'd buy Portal have a computer because... well, it's 2010. And Valve wouldn't get any profit from it because they don't make computers, unlike Nintendo and the DSi.
While true, Nintendo is giving away a $34.99 game free when you buy it. A Mario title which I've rarely seen on sale (excluding Buy 1 get 1). Still, free is free

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
RamboStrategy said:
Aura Guardian said:
RamboStrategy said:

Actually...Nintendo did.
While true, Nintendo is giving away a $34.99 game free when you buy it. A Mario title which I've rarely seen on sale (excluding Buy 1 get 1). Still, free is free
...Well played, good sir. Well played, indeed.

nofear220

Apr 29, 2010

But still, yay!:) I got this on xbox a long time ago for the convenience of not using a credit card and now i can have it on pc! (although the steam servers suck cause everyone is downloading it :| and "my request cant be filled")

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I think a certain developer may be going for a first day sales record on Portal 2...

but still, PORTAL FOR FREE YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I might just download it again now just because it's free.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Can't acces http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/ it's busy...Gawd!