Portal is FREE on Steam!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Voodoomancer said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Furburt said:
Because getting free things legally is awesome.
Not always. I remember when The Suffering went free when it was sponsored by the navy or something. Ads for the navy came up every 5 minutes and you couldn't skip/close them... that was really annoying...
And the game was called "The Suffering", you say?
Damn... I just got that... those sneaky military bastards!

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Valve has always been cool. They screwed up Left4Dead (in my opinion), but I still had hope for later because they are Valve.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Holy Carp! (Yes I meant to say Carp). I've heard so many good things about this game! Thanks for the heads up! Started downloading it before I went to work, just got back, and am about to give it a whirl!

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Fuck Yeah! I've been wanting my friend to play portal for forever, but he has a mac, so we've been waiting for mac steam. This is such a fucking score.

My thanks to the OP, from the bottom of my portal-loving heart.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Thank you for telling me. Now I'll get to see how much better the PC version is compared to the PS3 one, assuming it'll run.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
The only possible downside to this is that like with Left 4 Dead, the next time they make a game and dare charge for it, they'll get treated like they've become Ubisoft overnight, lol.

Anyways, spreading the word, and every other company in the world? This is how to advertise.

Steam gets a captive audience of Mac and PC owners to advertise games to, but doesn't spam them, just pops up a single window the first time you run it each session, and actually has good offers.

Auric

Dec 7, 2009
Yea, i just logged onto steam, looked at it, and...

Its safe to say i <3 valve. Even though they are past the point where they would profit from the game, ive yet to see many other big developers just give a game away for free :D

NickIsCool

Nov 18, 2009
too bad i got the orange box back when it was new

oh well

gives me another game for my fiance to try

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Just did a playthrough of Portal for the first time. I guess its not as cool as it would have been 2-3 years ago, but that was still a pretty funny and enjoyable experience. At the very least I understand first-hand what exactly people meant when they were talking about the game. I don't regret it, that's for sure. :)

water_cat1

Mar 30, 2010
YAY i can legally own portal for free!!!!!!

Look at me still talking
when there's Science to do.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Already got it!
I had it on my old Steam account (don't hack guys, i'm serious), and now I can CUSTOMISE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT GAME! And remember how it goes...

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Hah! My plan is finally falling into place, I can now play Portal for free unlike all you suckers who couldn't wait several years!

http://xkcd.com/606/

Apparently the cake is something... hmm.

Auric

Dec 7, 2009
Alexnader said:
Hah! My plan is finally falling into place, I can now play Portal for free unlike all you suckers who couldn't wait several years!

http://xkcd.com/606/

Apparently the cake is something... hmm.
Hahaha, i thought the same thing...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
LordWalter said:
TimeLord said:
http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Basically, Portal is free until the 24th of March May on Steam

Download it now!

I command you!

EDIT: Everyone is so happy :)
Sharing joy is fun

Kungfu_Teddybear said:
You have to be fuckin' kidding me!! i just bought it for £13 2 days ago! *repeated headdesk*
Except this guy, I am so sorry
I will now bear your children/ask you to be the mother of my children. Such is my love for you at this moment and, indeed, for all-time.
I accept your proposal of marriage