Possible TRICO Footage Leaks

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
This looks pretty cool, but did anyone else find the boy's color scheme to be a little too... vibrant, for Team ICO?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
The Chimera also has arrows in it (I like how we all thought to adopt this term), so someone was shooting at it. Possibly a soldier.

EDIT: Also, does anyone else think that we might just possibly get a game that doesn't feel like a complete downer the entire time? Great games, to be sure, but really depressing. Maybe this will be more of a redemption, "light-is-coming-to-the-land" kind of story.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Mstrswrd said:
The Chimera also has arrows in it (I like how we all thought to adopt this term), so someone was shooting at it. Possibly a soldier.

EDIT: Also, does anyone else think that we might just possibly get a game that doesn't feel like a complete downer the entire time? Great games, to be sure, but really depressing. Maybe this will be more of a redemption, "light-is-coming-to-the-land" kind of story.
Chimera=3 headed creature. This is most closely related to a Gryphon.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Maybe in the end you'll have to go Old Yeller in it. If done right that would be probably one of the best things ever.

<color=white> I hope I didn't reopen old wounds with that Yeller comment

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I'm a little skiddish of the griffin. Also a little skeptical of Team Ico making a game where the giant monster is your partner instead of your enemy. This could go horribly wrong, but you know what they say, "No risk, no gain."

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Dragon Zero said:
Maybe in the end you'll have to go Old Yeller in it. If done right that would be probably one of the best things ever.

<color=white> I hope I didn't reopen old wounds with that Yeller comment
I wouldn't doubt it. Both Team ICO games have moments like that. There's sure to be some sort of bittersweet twist at some point.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Mr. Pandah, PS2 early gen graphics?

You're either over-estimating what the PS2 could do or over-estimating what the PS3 can do.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Mr.Pandah said:
Mstrswrd said:

Chimera=3 headed creature. This is most closely related to a Gryphon.
Really? I thought a Chimera was a creature that's basically a fusion of many other creatures, and the one in various mythologies just so happened to have 3 heads. I mean, technically, a Manticore would be a Chimera, it being a fusion of various creatures (Lion, human, god knows what else). Or not, if I'm thinking of the wrong term.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
I think that the griffin is a good design and that this looks good so far. Being either fluffy toy cute or horror film scary would have been a very weak move for Team ICO after SotC. Judging by their other games we will probably not fully appreciate the griffin thing until near the end of the game.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Am I the only one who thinks that critter looks like the juvenile form of the species? I'm sure at some point you'll have to either deal with it becoming mature, or mommy gryphon coming to rescue her boy.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I think it looks good, maybe a bit unpolished at points. The only thing that I don't like is the character design of the boy, it doesn't seem to fit. Luckily the designers at Team Ico are about as good as it gets so I'm sure they'll either make changes or it will make sense in the game world. The designs of the boys from Ico and SotC were perfect, I'm sure they'll have something awesome in store for this game in terms of design.

I liked the monster, let's see where they go with this.

Watched the video a multiple of times now and I'm really starting to dig it. It's probably an early concept trailer rather than a fully developed version that they could be showing at E3 (please), still it looks stunning.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
More Fun To Compute said:
bkd69 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that critter looks like the juvenile form of the species?
It does. The wings are underdeveloped for a start.
Or broken, they looked kinda broken and then retracted to its side, like a birds wing after it flies into a door.
I suppose that clipped or broken wings would fit in with it being chained to the floor but they just looked too small to me.

Jul 9, 2008
Looks pretty interesting. Between this, MGS4, and Heavy Rain, I'm beginning to regret not having a PS3.

Oh, by the way, I'm thinking we'll call that thing the Manticore. It's appropriate, and we can also refer to it affectionately as "Manty".