Possible TRICO Footage Leaks

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm just waiting to see where the Sadness and Danger come in...

It is a Team ICO game afterall, they are very melencholy.
You're going to have to kill that gryphon-dog thing in the end. Or it will mature and risk its life for you. Or maybe not. I like the mommy gryphon idea though.

EDIT: My god the music for that footage was awesome. Evokes the right emotions. *fondly reminisces of hearing that epic SotC music when you're about to stab a colossus at its weakspot*.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Awwwwwwwww... I want one.

...this might be the game that inspires me to get a PS3...

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
Great to finally see some footage from the game. If I remember correctly this also comfirms the rumour from way back about a boy and a gryphon travelling through ruins together.

I'm not sure I like the look of the gryphon, it does seem rather cutesy and fluffy for this ancient fantasy world. The arrows stuck in his body also seems very interesting, and could add some fighting or escape elements to the gameplay.
It does remind me alot of Ico however, besides the fact that the boy looks like him, it's also similar in concept. A boy tries to rescue someone and escape a castle/ruin guarded by enemies. The gryphon was chained and the arrows pointing out of it must mean that the guards/inhabitants either want it dead or captured again. Of course, I'm just speculating here, so it might be something completely different.

I love to wonder about the possibillities of this game.

Stegofreak

Aug 6, 2008
Maybe it's just me being picky but I loved the part where the 'beast' is climbing the cliff with the kid hanging onto its tail. You could see the strain on its legs. I really enjoy little details like that.

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
Tony Grande said:
1UP claims this footage is one year old...
It's older than that, I belive. It is an early presentation video/pitch to show the game concept from 2007, according to Eurogamer.

Nerples

May 7, 2008
It will be very interesting to see how this works, will we control both the boy and gryphon? I think the gryphon looks rather odd and juvenile, but maybe as you progress through the game the beast and it's wings slowly develop into an adult, so that harder puzzles require some light flying or hovering, then perhaps the end of the game the beast is all grown up and the two of them fly off into the distance together! Just speculation...

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Looks really good I don't know what any of you mean by the graphics looking bad. Probably will have a good storyline as always. I wonder if this will be mostly silent like SotC.

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
The boy looks horrid. Ps2 graphics, early gen. I hope this isn't for real, because it doesn't look like much fun. Or much you can do with it.
Exactly my thoughts. Like Game Cube or something. On another note I would have preferred Shadow of the Colossus 2.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Dammit, since Sony will never port this to Xbox 360, I will likely never play it. The pain!

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I agree with the people who guessed that either the THING dies, or you have to kill it Old Yeller style.

This will be the game that I will be most excited about, Team Ico's games have been more artistic than any other game I have played. I just hope it isnt lost amongst the casual gaming crowd like Ico and SotC were. I mean those who played them will testify that they were specacular. Yet the sales could have been better.

Jul 9, 2008
dragonburner said:
Mr.Pandah said:
The boy looks horrid. Ps2 graphics, early gen. I hope this isn't for real, because it doesn't look like much fun. Or much you can do with it.
Exactly my thoughts. Like Game Cube or something. On another note I would have preferred Shadow of the Colossus 2.
It probably is. SotC was a sort of sequel to Ico (or, at least, they were set in the same world) and I'm willing to bet this is as well.

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
orannis62 said:
dragonburner said:
Mr.Pandah said:
It probably is. SotC was a sort of sequel to Ico (or, at least, they were set in the same world) and I'm willing to bet this is as well.
But kind of hunting monsters that are huge appeals to me. But ICO was cool too so...

Jul 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
According to some speculation I saw on another site, this might actually be a further prequel to Shadow of ther Collosus. Meaning the series is being told backwards, following this one families story backwards through their history.

It would explain a lot. The Gryphon thing is a baby Collosus, and the game details how all the people were wiped out from the land.
Very interesting. This series intrigues me more than any other, I really need to play Ico and SotC. When this comes out, might be worth getting a PS3 over, although I understand that copies of Ico and SotC are hard to come by.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
dragonburner said:
Mr.Pandah said:
You strange silly person..