Post yourself unaltered

Jun 16, 2010
Mallefunction said:
James Joseph Emerald said:
Well good then. Neither of us are sexist.
But I will bet a million dollars/pounds/euro/yen/rubles/rupees that you made this thread to feed your deep dark narcissistic desires. If not through direct compliments, then to ensure you're one of the prettiest girls around the site. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
I for one, actually like attaching faces to s/ns rather than icons (such a strange thing to ask for on the internet where the whole point is being anon 24/7, I guess). If I was fishing for compliments I would post my pictures more here and on other places. This is the 2nd time I've ever posted a picture of myself for this site and it was for a thread similar to this, asking for pics of community members. That thread was what inspired me to make this one because it was cool to see all the different types of people that came to the site.

The only other place that has pics of me outside of facebook is dA because it has my cosplay gallery.

I've seen much prettier gamer girls than me, both on this site and off. Hell, just look at ANY booth babe at a con. Their bods burn me up and leave me a pile of ashes...and I'm straight for crying out loud.
C'mon, are you seriously telling me that you're actually going to remember anyone's face from this thread? Or that you're going to constantly have this thread open and cross-reference people's posts with their pictures? And why would it have to be candid and unaltered in that case? It just don't add up.

It makes a lot more sense that the other thread inspired you to make this one because you got like 10+ responses about how cute you looked. And who doesn't like to be told that? At the very least you wanted to see how hot the guys are who have been complimenting you.

Generally booth babes don't post on the Escapist. And they probably wouldn't look half as good unaltered. So you've got a very wide home-field advantage over them. I'm sure there's a part of you that's calculated all this. Admit it!

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
Ironically, my picture is an accurate depiction of what I'm like...I went through my most recent pics and most of them involved things I'd bought at garage sales, so I wasn't sure I should use them.

Jun 16, 2010
Floppertje said:
hey dude, how about you stop offending people who are just trying to make a fun topic?
being attractive doesn't make one narcissistic.
It's not a crime to offend attractive people.
Besides, I'm just joking around. I can't be held accountable for what other people choose to be offended by!

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Are you seriously telling me that you're actually going to remember anyone's face from this thread? Or that you're going to constantly have this thread open and cross-reference people's posts with their pictures? And why would it have to be candid and unaltered in that case? It just don't add up.

It makes a lot more sense that the other thread inspired you to make this one because you got 10+ responses about how cute you looked. And who doesn't like to be told that? At the very least you wanted to see how hot the guys are who have been complimenting you.

Generally booth babes don't post on the Escapist. And they probably wouldn't look half as good unaltered. So you've got a very wide home-field advantage over them. I'm sure there's a part of you that's calculated all this.
No, I'm not going to remember EVERYONE. There are far too many names to do that. However, there are some people who reply quite frequently and I do recognize a few. It's all in the fun. And as I mentioned, it's partially because I like seeing the TYPES of people who visit the site, warts and all. That's the reason for the unaltered pictures. Sorry if you don't see my reasoning behind this.

Yes, I got some compliments and I responded to them over there at that thread. Then I stopped because I didn't want the focus to ever be on that even though I thought I was just being polite. Here I have no responded to any of them at all because I DON'T want to encourage attention on myself as the OP.

I know that booth babes don't post on the Escapist, I just used them as an example of girl gamers who were much more attractive than I could ever hope to me even with makeup and alterations.

Look, stop talking as if I'm this 'evil master mind' here trying to get every man drooling over me. I made this thread for fun and for fun only. If you're not going to participate then leave already!

EDIT: I apologize for the grammatical mistakes....it's 5 AM. Woo....time to sleep.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Grinderbilly said:
Finally got me one of them wifi things and got x-Mas going early this year...

Taken literally 45 minutes ago.
This is both awesome...and utterly terrifying....

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Da Chi said:
Jillian Andes said:
Mallefunction said:
Jillian Andes said:
Girl, you are ADORABLE :333333
No U! ;3
There are a lot of adorable Escapists! Maybe this thread is narcissistic to some, but I actually like seeing the people who post/read/visit the site. To me, it's almost like a reminder that there are real people behind the usernames and avatars. I think people forget that sometimes. Not to mention the glorious beards and top hats and other cool things to be seen and shared!
I agree! Quirky get-ups are all class around here. If it wasn't for the limiting "picture of yourself RIGHT NOW" style of the topic, we'd be seeing some truly fun Insanity.
OP, Tear down this wall. Let's get ludicrous.
Make a different thread then. XD I'm sure people will post!

SkinyJim

Dec 30, 2010
Mallefunction said:
Are you seriously telling me that you're actually going to remember anyone's face from this thread? Or that you're going to constantly have this thread open and cross-reference people's posts with their pictures? And why would it have to be candid and unaltered in that case? It just don't add up.

It makes a lot more sense that the other thread inspired you to make this one because you got 10+ responses about how cute you looked. And who doesn't like to be told that? At the very least you wanted to see how hot the guys are who have been complimenting you.

Generally booth babes don't post on the Escapist. And they probably wouldn't look half as good unaltered. So you've got a very wide home-field advantage over them. I'm sure there's a part of you that's calculated all this.
No, I'm not going to remember EVERYONE. There are far too many names to do that. However, there are some people who reply quite frequently and I do recognize a few. It's all in the fun. And as I mentioned, it's partially because I like seeing the TYPES of people who visit the site, warts and all. That's the reason for the unaltered pictures. Sorry if you don't see my reasoning behind this.

Yes, I got some compliments and I responded to them over there at that thread. Then I stopped because I didn't want the focus to ever be on that even though I thought I was just being polite. Here I have no responded to any of them at all because I DON'T want to encourage attention on myself as the OP.

I know that booth babes don't post on the Escapist, I just used them as an example of girl gamers who were much more attractive than I could ever hope to me even with makeup and alterations.

Look, stop talking as if I'm this 'evil master mind' here trying to get every man drooling over me. I made this thread for fun and for fun only. If you're not going to participate then leave already!
Just ignore the guy. Everyone else is having fun, he's the only one who isn't. Don't let him ruin yours.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Mallefunction said:
Guys, seriously...I posted this for the fun of seeing what kinds of people were here. I added the unaltered thing because let's face it, when we're at our computers being lazy fucks in the middle of the night, we tend to expose what we really look like. I prefer attaching faces over s/ns and I'm sorry that some of you think that this is solely to be an attention whore thread...but that was never my intention.
Well then I must appologise a it seems I broke the rules of the thread. My picture was of me out on the town. That's the most recent picture I had, I was going to post one of me now but my camera is upstairs packed away. Also, I don't think its an attention whore thread, seems like a thread made out of curiosity and well its a good cure for boredom :). I too like the idea of looking at the faces behind the avatar.

trollnystan said:
I never wear make-up so I constantly look like a slob =P

Made you look!
Not to sound incredibly creepy when I say this. However when I saw those pics I just went
"CUUUUTTTEEE".

Sorry bout that -hangs head in shame-

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Mallefunction said:
The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw your picture is that you look like Faith from Mirrors Edge (not really but the red top just screamed Mirrors Edge to me) and second place was Chell from Portal.
Kinda sad that I immediately thought of what video game characters you look like, but that's what happens when you play as many as I do.

Will post one of myself when I can get the laptop and it's webcam.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
a pic of me and my lady...

And it's only unaltered in th'sense that it's not photoshopped or nothin'...but this is just proof i don't mind people laughin' at me....

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Jonluw said:

Why, yes that is a map of Italy hanging on the wall behind me. No I don't know why it's there.
I guess the webcam does a bit of an unflattering angle, but whatever.
What's with escapist users and beards?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009

dreads take a long time to form, but they're coming along

edit:
okay well im apparently completely inept because i cant figure out how to post these pictures, but i give up

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
trollnystan said:
I never wear make-up so I constantly look like a slob =P

Made you look!
ok...you m'dear get two thumbs up...

1) cuz you're a cutie and we all like to hear that

2) your "sexy one" was funny...made me laugh...