Predict the most overrated game of 2016

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
Legend of Zelda 2016 (if it comes out this year). Hopefully I am wrong, but after the massive amount of filler and annoyances in Skyward Sword (tadpole collecting, stealth section, drowsing sections, wrist breaking bird flying, going back to the first dungeon for a jug of water, same boss fights 3 times, stabbing never working in combat, f-in Fi) and the long dull section in Twilight princess (4 hour beginning, wolf tear collecting, etc), I am not confident about another 3d zelda.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Based on what we know less than a quarter of the way into the year, I'd stake my bet on No Man's Sky (Because that's some Todd Howard esque BS I saw at E3) and ME Andromeda.

iller3

Nov 5, 2014
LetalisK said:
The game you like the most will be massively overrated. Yes, YOU. The one reading this right now.
Nope, no danger of that for me since it's BDO which is literally in Headstart now as I'm writing this. I can just read everyone's reactions to it before I put any money down for its release next week. Not only that, but I was intentionally avoiding learning anything about the game until last week which means I've got no built up hype. I already made the decision way before hand that all I'm looking for this year is a Chore simulator that can run itself in the background because I can't dedicate most of my time to an active experience anymore.

This is the pinnacle of Zero-Hype. ...so Zen, it's depressing to normal people

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
Like I said on GT, I believe it will be The Last Guardian. Again, I have little doubt the game will be very good, but it just holds a number of traits that I believe will cause its general reception to be just ... too much. These traits are everything from its aesthetics to its subtlety and obvious emotional tones. It's one of those games were I can already hear people asserting that it transcends being "just a game" and will likely go on to herald it more as an experience.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Sheria said:
Like I said on GT, I believe it will be The Last Guardian. Again, I have little doubt the game will be very good, but it just holds a number of traits that I believe will cause its general reception to be just ... too much. These traits are everything from its aesthetics to its subtlety and obvious emotional tones. It's one of those games were I can already hear people asserting that it transcends being "just a game" and will likely go on to herald it more as an experience.
i never really understand the hype around it apart from its spirtual successor of shadow of clossus which was already a mediocre game.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Ezekiel said:
pequod said:
Dark Souls 3 will be eaten up by fans as usual but won't be worth a glance by normal people.
No surprise. "Normal" people have shit taste. They can't even appreciate good level/world design.
Good point. There's definitely a correlation with gaming series losing more and more game play nuance the more homogenized they become.

Musou Tensei

Anti Censorship Activist
Apr 11, 2007
Skatalite said:
I don't think people are wrong for enjoying a game more than I do, so... nothing.
Thinking something is overrated doesn't mean you think others shouldn't enjoy it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Whatever games people have made up their mind that they already don't like and they're mad the people don't share their opinion.

I'm not kidding, that's usually what "Overrated" means nowadays

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Musou Tensei said:
Skatalite said:
I don't think people are wrong for enjoying a game more than I do, so... nothing.
Thinking something is overrated doesn't mean you think others shouldn't enjoy it.
That's not quite what he said.

He said "people are wrong for enjoying a game", which is exactly what people mean when they screech about something being "overrated".

Musou Tensei

Anti Censorship Activist
Apr 11, 2007
Zhukov said:
Musou Tensei said:
Skatalite said:
That's not quite what he said.

He said "people are wrong for enjoying a game", which is exactly what people mean when they screech about something being "overrated".
I don't, for me it means that it gets more praise than I think it deserves, that doesn't necessarily mean that I dislike the game, like for example, I don't dislike Batman Arkham City, but it got mostly higher ratings than Asylum, which I personally think is superior, therefore imo City is overrated.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Musou Tensei said:
I don't, for me it means that it gets more praise than I think it deserves...
In other words, the people who praise it are wrong.

Same thing. You've just swapped the word "enjoy" for "praise".

Musou Tensei

Anti Censorship Activist
Apr 11, 2007
Zhukov said:
Musou Tensei said:
I don't, for me it means that it gets more praise than I think it deserves...
In other words, the people who praise it are wrong.
Well, yeah, imo they are wrong, thinking that others are wrong is a normal human behaviour, what is important is how you react to it, will you just say that you think like that and go on with your life, or will you be like the UN and try to force and entire culture to change? If me simply saying that I think the Uncharted series is overrated prevents someone else from enjoying it, the interest in it most probably wasn't that strong in the 1st place. If my enjoyment would rely on other's opinions, I would be mostly be playing stuff like Uncharted instead of my beloved weeb fodder, which many people dislike.