Predict the plot of games you just bought

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Alien/Zombie Shooter super pack.

I'm going to be shooting a lot of zombies and aliens.
Story? What story?

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
I didn't buy it, I rented it.

God of War: Ascension - Kratos kills a bunch of monsters and gets betrayed, likely by the greek gods.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Brown Cap said:
Just bought Shadow of the Colossus
I'm on my 8th colossus, and I predict that these colossi are like huge guardians, and I'm actually doing something super evil that I'm going to regret later. Also, they take my soul in exchange for the girl's.
Not spoiling anything, but did you notice how your appearance changes ever so slightly with each Colossus slain?
The game is full of subtle details and nuances, I love it.

OT: Thomas was alone
I'd guess some kind of minimalistic metastory about friendship, disguised as a platformer with geometric shapes?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Well I just bought Hitman Absolution. I assume he kills people for being immoral dicks also starring battle nuns.
If only.

OT: Kinda cheating because I'm 20 hours in, but I predict that Dark Souls will ultimately conclude on a note that is not in the slightest bit worth the hair loss.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Kerbal Space Program
The minions from Despicable Me build a rocket, launch it, and crash into the moon. Repeatedly. For mild comedy value.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Karoshi said:
I started Sleeping Dogs and played through the intro.

I'll probably end up killing my gangsta childhood friend, kinda fucking everything up and discover some "amazing truth" about my dead sister. Oh, and I might kill a cop or two which would be ironic.
It's actually a lot more grounded and depressing.

OT: Technically don't have it yet, but going off of the Gunpoint demo... Not a fuckin' clue. I'm framed for murder, we know that much, I'm guessing there'll be a betrayal or two based on dialogue choices and I either will or won't clear my name, but the demon didn't give too much away.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Haven't bought. Will buy.

Civilization V. Build city. Build farms. Build mines. The realm will bloom and prosper. Then, Carthage hides it all away under a lovely blanket of mushroom clouds, and the building starts anew.

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
The musician Prince goes on tour in Persia with his new band The Sands of Time. However, a huge stage malfunction turns the audience into zombies, and it´s up to Prince and his bassist, Farah, to solve a series of puzzles with mirrors and giant rotating knives in order to turn everyone back into humans so they can buy his CDs.

50 Cent: Blood in the Sand.
I´m guessing this is a sequel in which Prince follows up his tour with an even bigger one the next year, but 50 Cent bursts in and kills everyone. I think it´s a kind of metaphor for how "black music" changed from funk to hip-hop in the nineties.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I just bought the entire Metal Gear Solid franchise (well, barring Portable Ops and the non-canon games).

I've watched Let's Plays of the first two Solid games. But I kind of don't remember a whole lot.
I'm guessing Solid Snake needs to take out FOXHOUND 'cause they're being dildos.

Also the plot thickens because there are like seven other games.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I only just took down Shadar. From what I've seen, I'm going to assume that the White Witch is actually Queen Cassiopeia and that she's connected to Oliver in some way. And that the Council of Twelve are somehow related to the Zodiarchs.

I successfully predicted that Swaine is Prince Gascon of Hamelin, when I was shot back in time. Long, long before it was actually revealed. To be precise, I predicted it when Swaine accused the Emperor of not caring about Gascon.

This is mere speculation on my part, how the story will play out.

I'll see how right or wrong I am later when I get there.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Just bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday and played through the tutorial and first mission.

From what I remember of the first game, I'm gonna predict that Adam is the identity of the mysterious patient X (explaining why I don't need drugs to keep my augmentations from being rejected), the major scientists and love interest from the tutorial were actually kidnapped and not murdered, the kidnappers are the Illuminati or pre-rebellion Majestic XII (Bob Page in the intro), and Sarif or his mentor were in on the conspiracy and secretly in league with the Majestic XII. I'm also going to guess that the kidnappers weren't interested in the TYPHOON system, but rather the identity of patient X, or for Reed to stop her research/work for them. They went through all this trouble to either keep augmentation out of the hands of the masses, or to keep a firm grip on controlling augmentation and the augmented population with the anti-rejection drug Versalife exclusively produces (which Reed's research poses a threat to). In the end it'll turn out this is just one of many tools they possess to control the world, and any major victory I score will just be a minor setback at best (including the rescuing of Dr. Reed and making augmentation widely available to the people). Also: Disappointing Boss Fights.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Finally getting around to playing Planescape Torment...

I think it'll end really well for me and my party - dunno why, but I've got this feeling that when I finally get my memory back, I'll remember that I was actually the leader of the greatest mariachi band in all the planes, and we're all going to ride off into the sunset with oversize guitars and castanets (which Morte will play by placing them between his teeth)

That's how it's gonna go, right? :p

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Well, today I bought Velvet Assassin, The Bard's Tale, Duke Nukem Forever, The Darkness II and Borderlands GOTY edition.
The only one I don't know the story of already is Velvet Assassin, but the setting and gameplay gives most of it away.

She's clearly an old lover of Hitler, and after being dumped in favor of Ewa Braun she decides to take her revenge on his troops. Am I close?

Anthony Corrigan

Jul 28, 2011
BrotherRool said:
Anthony Corrigan said:
The longest Journey, I will get really annoyed rubbing things on things to work out what "adventure logic" the game uses and the girl will defeat the big bad shadow and end up a hero.
This isn't a spoiler, it just talks in general terms about your first point and hints about the quality of the puzzles in certain portions of the game, but I figured I'd spoiler it just in case you want to go into your games fresh.
If you mean the Longest Journey as in the first one and not Dreamfall The Longest Journey, oh boy are you going to the first one come in to play. If 'logic' gets too much, it does get a lot better after the first chapter. The first chapter contains one of the most ridiculous quest chains I've ever seen, but the rest of the game won't be nearly as bad as that
Yes the first one and I sort of know what's going to happen because I played Dreamfall YEARS ago but just found out the sequel is coming out soon and they were both on sale on steam so I picked them up. I was being a little disingenuous in that post because I like point and click adventures, I loved space quest and quest for glory and kings quest and police quest and if sierra still existed I would have a life long subscription. I do find some of there choices a bit weird, how the hell was I supposed to work out you needed to use the inflatable toy to open the clamp to get the key, that makes no sense but on the whole I like them. Will say one thing GOD the graphics haven't aged well, the huge boobs are necessary in that game not as titillation but rather as its the only way to work out what gender the other person is

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well, I just bought both Disgaea 3 and 4 today.

Disgaea 3:

By the looks of things, it's going to be set in a school. The main character leads his classroom against whoever or whatever he has a grudge against. And somehow, Laharl and Etna are going to get involved. But not in the way they did in Disgaea 2.

Disgaea 4:

From what I've heard, it involves a vampire stirring up a revolution in the underworld. Possibly against an overlord or an organization that controls the land.

Look forward to playing them whenever I'm done doing stuff in 1 and 2.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Thief II: The Metal Age.

Channeling the powers of The Amazing Criswell, I predict that there will be a guy stealing things, followed by a horde of long haired burly men screaming into microphones and strumming violently on electric guitars for many years to come.

Okay, that's not right. From what I can guess, Garrett will get sucked into another major conflict which he doesn't want to be a part of, and grudgingly save the day while simultaneously stealing anything that's not nailed down.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Well, I just finished The Last Of Us so no point in doing that one.
Let's see... ah!

That phone's going to get stolen at some point. Seeing as almost all of the gameplay revolves around that little God-phone, I figured one of two things is going to happen:
It runs out of power/gets broken when you need it the most.
or
it gets stolen.
And between those, having it stolen I think would raise the tension more.
Ooh! Actually, what if he gets counter-hacked? That sounds cool...

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
AD-Stu said:
Finally getting around to playing Planescape Torment...

I think it'll end really well for me and my party - dunno why, but I've got this feeling that when I finally get my memory back, I'll remember that I was actually the leader of the greatest mariachi band in all the planes, and we're all going to ride off into the sunset with oversize guitars and castanets (which Morte will play by placing them between his teeth)

That's how it's gonna go, right? :p
Depends on whether you fuck up or don't the last encounter, but it's almost right. With some sprinkles of death, suffering and a dash of planescape torment.