Preferred Melee Weapon Choice?

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
I would have to say that my favored weapon of choice would be a spear.

To clarify I mean overall or the one you want most.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
For what purpose? Every weapon has a specific role in combat, and there's no such thing as an ultimate weapon.

I'm assuming you mean what weapon we'd want most. I guess I would pick a lightsaber, simply for the prestige of being the only person to own a fully-functioning lightsaber.

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
like,for what? zombie killing, in gaming, or just what we think looks coolest?

the answer for all of these questions would have to be , for me, a mace, it is just such an amazing weapon, crushing through armor and bones.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
In games, I would think either the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed 2, or the Mauler from Halo 3 (I know this is a gun, but I really do beat people down with it more than shoot it).

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Willinium said:
I would have to say that my favored weapon of choice would be a spear.
A spear is incredibly unwieldy in close quarters and is pretty much useless for anything other than a forward piercing motion. If you were swarmed with combatants in close combat, or even just zombies, you wouldn't stand much of a chance.

If there's anything Dead Rising 2 taught me, it's that a spiked baseball bat wins at pretty much everything. It's short range, forceful, and deadly on all angles. If you use a fire axe, for example, you're still restricted to the one sharp side. Failing a spiked baseball bat, i would pick the gladius. A sword that's longer than a dagger but shorter than a longsword. Perfect for extremely close quarters combat and able to be wielded with all the finesse of most bladed weaponry.

But my favourite fancy melee weapon? I'd have to say the glaive. [http://glaive.com/sites/glaive1.jpg]

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
RaNDM G said:
For what purpose?
I don't think he means preferred weapon in a given context. I think he means overall, what you would like to use.

I would probably like wielding a katana or spear of some sort. I know the katana is somewhat overused but I still like it and my ancestors used them. Also the spear is a good melee weapon because of its range and versatility.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
For what?

Of things I can actually use with some proficiency? A bo-staff.
If I could learn to use any weapon with master-level proficiency? A naginata or a katar.
What looks the coolest? A lightsaber.

...It all depends on context, really.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Machete- short, one sided, easy to maneuver, can bring more power to a swing with my hand on the dull side of the blade. That and I'm just used to it, I've had one since I was four, after all.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
RaNDM G said:
gostlyfantom said:
combat shovel is the best weapon of all time.
Like this?
Well, I WAS going to tell everybody the thing I was thinking of, but, well...

I need 3 of those shovels. Now.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
choices. choices. choices.

In large groups. My choice would be a short spear and shield.

In small groups. My choice would be a medium sized spear.

One on one. My choice would be a parry dagger in one hand and a kriss dagger in the other.