Preferred Melee Weapon Choice?

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
This:

Best knife ever.
that knife would be simply flimsy at best. the ornate handle and blade would have no effect on actual combat.

OT: spear/axe combo. like a trident.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Sais [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_%28weapon%29]. Good in close quarters, excellent defensive capability. Can also trap other weapons or even break swords if used properly.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
I prefer a nice rod(Boy the phallic implications of that! Freud would blush)
In real life, I don't like bladed weapons such as knives. They are personal but a little TOO personal. I prefer weapons that subdue than cut

Now a nice long blunt weapon like a walking stick, a shillelagh, a quarter staff,a Bo staff, broom handle with the end removed or, my favourite, a pvc pipe filled with sand, those say, "nothing personal, but I'm gonna beat the living shit outta you if you attack me".

Maybe it's just because I'm trained in them but with their long reach, their weight and use of force=radius of swing x weight, I just like the feel of them.

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
only one correct answer... dawnfang/duskfang [spoiler:dawnfang]
[/spoiler] then I don't have to worry bout the damn thing breaking.

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
A balisong in my left hand (i'm a lefty) and a hidden blade on my right. I will not take any less than this kickass combination. If they can have lightsaber blades that would be cool too.

Sep 14, 2009
Skorpyo said:
RaNDM G said:
gostlyfantom said:
combat shovel is the best weapon of all time.
Like this?
Well, I WAS going to tell everybody the thing I was thinking of, but, well...

I need 3 of those shovels. Now.
holy freaking piss. agreed. that video is insane..

i am sick and tired of breaking 3 wood shovels a day from moving plants/rocks/dirt in the yard

I must has that shovel...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Any kind of sword with a moderately straight blade. If it's more curved than a katana, odds are that none of my styles work for it.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
I like axes. Swords are a tad generic, spears aren't terribly effective close combat, and maces simply crushing isn't fun. I like choppy choppy.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
William Catching said:
William Ossiss said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
This:

Best knife ever.
that knife would be simply flimsy at best. the ornate handle and blade would have no effect on actual combat.

OT: spear/axe combo. like a trident.
Who bloody cares? It looks fucking awesome!
Excatly. And in the right hands it would be deadly.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Wiimote and nunchuk.

Nobody takes you seriously if you're wielding a Nintendo controller, but the thing is tough and can deal a lot of pain without breaking anything but faces.
And television sets.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I already have them at the ends of my forearms and legs. If you learn how to use them effectively you can win all melee fights.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
One word: Crowbar (oh whoops forgot I posted in this thread already, guess I love my crowbar too much)