Priest Trailer Shakes the Glitter Off Vampires

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Like a friend of mine says "Vampires are overplayed" and they're also overrated. But this movie does look pretty cool.
It's the MANswer to the Twilight series.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
AngelSword said:
maxben said:
Why? You can watch it in 2D if you'd like.
The rest of us can enjoy it properly, but the Luddites always get a choice.
That's part of it. The fact that some people consider it necessary, when it's all just a fucking gimmick.
Yes, I've heard that BS argument before.
At the end of the day, I'm pro-choice and I don't mind if some people want to look backwards.
I'm sure they used to think sound was just a gimmick too, not to mention colour.
And remember, colour and sound went through a variety of evolutions, so will the concept of 3D.
So please, don't attack a movie for something that will not affect you because you want to save others.
Such a conservative outlook has never benefited technology or innovation.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
maxben said:
At the end of the day, I'm pro-choice and I don't mind if some people want to look backwards.
I'm sure they used to think sound was just a gimmick too, not to mention colour.
And remember, colour and sound went through a variety of evolutions, so will the concept of 3D.
So please, don't attack a movie for something that will not affect you because you want to save others.
Could you get any more offensive, comparing something as trivial as 3D to abortion?

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
yeah i guess it could save you from one boring evening, just grap a friend or 3 and leave your brains at home.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
AngelSword said:
Could you get any more offensive, comparing something as trivial as 3D to abortion?
Come to think of it, abortion protesters could use 3-D to their advantage, what with all those graphic signs they use.

And, in all seriousness, with roughly 11 US states considering implementing a required ultrasound before abortion law,3D and abortions aren't so far separated as you might think.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Marmooset said:
Was I seeing things, or was the trailer using Diablo font?
I noticed that too. By the end of the trailer I was sorely wishing for a Diablo movie instead.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I'd just dismiss this off hand if the article hadn't mentioned it has Paul Bettany and Karl Urban in it. Now I'm intrigued, hmm.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
AngelSword said:
maxben said:
Oh, I could :)
But the point of using the pro-choice argument is that its not just abortion, its for everything.
Pro-choice works in any situation where you wish to force your beliefs on others when what you choose and what they choose has no effect on the other.
If something is subjective, as this is, your criticism is ridiculous.
Oh, and the fact that you went after such a weak attack merely proves my point.
There is no legitimate reason to attack 3D as long as you have an alternative.
If you were forced to watch 3D as movies were not made in 2D anymore, you either stop watching movies or adapt.
You really can't win this, you can only whine.

TWEWER

Feb 8, 2009
What's with this sci fi stuff? I thought the comic was set in the wild west.

VileTerror

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for bringing up the Blood angle, Vortigar. Pretty much the only thing I'm really looking forward to in this movie is Karl Urban as Caleb. If he can manifest that irreverent bitterness and deranged sadistic glee which makes Caleb so interesting, then that alone will redeem the rest of the film.

. . . at least the first time I watch it.