Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
And that's how "Nerf hearder" came to be.

In all seriousness I can't say I'm shocked.

BizRodian

Nov 10, 2007
As others have said, this has been common knowledge for some time. There's a lot of scenes where it's pretty clear once you know. Back before the prequels on Star Wars forums I remember a lot of people criticized her performance in ROTJ (the whipping boy of the series, at the time) for it.

dickseverywhere

Oct 6, 2010
you'd think doing coke on an ice planet set would be pretty risky, or maybe you just get so fucked up you don't care you just hoofed up a line of chopped fake snow.

lacktheknack said:
Tom Goldman said:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.
I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?
she used to be a massive coke fiend apparantly and the way she is in interviews and wearing sunglasses all the time it seems like she's still on something.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
While she has done other things I'm not sure if I would have ever called Carrie Fisher an "A Lister" or even really a "B lister" especially after the third movie. Sure, she worked consistantly, but she didn't have a career like Harrison Ford who was the real "break out" from those movies.

Right now when she's pretty old, and has only that one thing (Star Wars) as a major legacy despite numerous attempts, I'd immediatly guess that she's fishing for attention (haha I made a pun!) more than her having any kind of serious anti-drug message.

1985 aside, I'm almost tempted to say "prove it" since this strikes me as being an "any publicity is good publicity" type of move. But I'm a big enough fan simply due to those movies where in the end I don't csre much and true or not, I hope the attention makes her happy.

Also she looked good in the metal bikini which is in part why it's so famous, I don't think anyone who looked like that in it would need to be high, just receptive to the idea of wearing sexy costumes for a few scenes.

Now on the other hand if she DIDN'T look good in it/the scene, and the whole thing was gross and being done for laughs (like having some 300lb woman coming out for ridicule purposes) then I might see the need for drugs before sticking onself out like that in many cases (exceptions being career comedians and the like who make a living off of physical humor).

shaderkul

Apr 19, 2009
LightspeedJack said:
I think Lucas was high when he wrote those prequels, maybe he picked it up from her.
Haha! I respectfully disagree, the prequels were not the works of a high man, they were the works of a retarded man.

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
I was gonna say, "Wait, there were people who didn't realize this?"

And then I saw that it was about Empire Strikes Back, and I went ohhhhhh.