Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
She must have been a raging drug addict. Consider that she is 53 years old. She looks like she's at least 65. Other stars who are in their fifties: Kim Bassinger, Angela Basset, Michelle Pfieffer. Granted those people are best in class, but Fisher must have been shooting heroin into her eyeballs and mainlining IV bags of Jack Daniels.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Go read her books. Very good, and go into great detail about her battles with addiction.

But yeah, this isn't news to anyone who isn't a completely self-blinded fanboi of SW.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Sacman said:
I thought they all were... that's why we haven't been able to get a good performance out of Harrison Ford since Blade Runner...
I dunno, I think he did reasonably well at pretending that Calista Flockhart is actually a human being...
he probably got hot for aliens after starwars

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
"While juice boxes and donuts were likely the most dangerous substances consumed by the actors in the prequel Star Wars [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-McGregor/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1287000182&sr=8-7] trilogy, the original trilogy's actors were engaged in much harder stuff. " ----Quote from article

After reading this I'm thinking the actors on the prequel series should have done coke too. Maybe they wouldn't have sucked so much.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
you know what, I don't care, Empire still the best Star Wars in the trilogy and if I could go back in time directly to the set of Empire, I'd totally bring some coke and do it with the princess.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
She admitted this in 87...

Wow cutting edge news 23 years after it happened.

AND she says she doesn't blame Hollywood NOW. She did then, since when she was trying for the role of Leia she was like 115 pounds and they said she was to fat. So she starved herself thinner. This time in cinema the grossly skinny females were the rage, and no not just thin, but bones showing thin...the french super model so thin you could use them as a ironing board then hang them on a stand as a science lab skeleton.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Tom Goldman said:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.
I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?
Heh it's different when you coke up and do something stupid, and when you act "edgy" because that's all the corp suits think the kids want to see. Sorry can't be a rock star, you also have to be a clown, sex object, and something everyone talking about ya on every social network.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Electrogecko said:
"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?
Fun fact: remember that snow, on Hoth? Yeah.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Hmmm... interesting. Good to see her 'taking control' over it though.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
This news... is is not old... it is written upon an Archaic Tome of Geek-dom concealed in the Tombs of Times within the Forgotten Continent of "Stuff from 1985"!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Carlston said:
lacktheknack said:
Tom Goldman said:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.
I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?
Heh it's different when you coke up and do something stupid, and when you act "edgy" because that's all the corp suits think the kids want to see. Sorry can't be a rock star, you also have to be a clown, sex object, and something everyone talking about ya on every social network.
Way to take it too seriously. I was just taking the idea that one has to be high to were a metal bikini, and noted that Lady Gaga wears a meat bikini, a bubble bikini, an ice bikini, a nun's habit bikini... and decided she must be constantly high. I didn't want it to be a social-cultural statement.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Carlston said:
lacktheknack said:
Tom Goldman said:
Way to take it too seriously. I was just taking the idea that one has to be high to were a metal bikini, and noted that Lady Gaga wears a meat bikini, a bubble bikini, an ice bikini, a nun's habit bikini... and decided she must be constantly high. I didn't want it to be a social-cultural statement.
Eh not to serious. But to me, when ya just let shit happen, shit turns out better.
When you force it, it's even more f'd up then what someone high would do normally.

Leia in a meat bikini... hmmm yeah see nothing.
But it's my view people need to be high anymore to NOT do stupid things, cheers.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'd have sworn I read this article or something like it in a magazine 20 years ago. I thought it was common knowledge that Carrie Fisher was a coke fiend in the 70s and 80s.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Electrogecko said:
"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?
It was the 80's. I'm pretty sure everyone was doing Cocaine at the time.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Oddly, despite being both old enough and a Star Wars fan, I did not know this. I knew that she was coked up for the Holiday Special but I didn't know that she was doing it during the movies as well.

So, yeah, for everyone who is surprised that anyone didn't know this, I guess it flew under my radar.