Problems that men have to deal with

greatcheezer2021

Oct 18, 2011
having to be a man in this day and age.

here we are, at the zenith of modern technological understanding thanks to the graces of science. the most shitty uncivilized people i know to date are here to stay till im dead or dying.

to be a man in a sea of faces who i dont care about, whom i will never know, who will never know me, whom will never care.

and why must i do as i am? a man? a human?

people forget the integrity the world was built on. values are sliding down the tubes.

moral lessons are lost to deaf ears. unseeing eyes that refuse to notice the fall before them.

the spirit of humanity is losing. we are our own worst enemies, having set ourselves upon each other.

it is not in life to expect education, to be blessed, or wealthy through material means. it is the manner which you live these virtues.

be the strongest you can, and give help for your brothers and sisters around you. a beacon in a darkness.

and people will be dishonest, dishonorable, and shitty.

to be a man, is just a man. if we aim to become greater, we must be responsible for ourselves first, so for all the world that women, men and children make for themselves is just.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
greatcheezer2021 said:
having to be a man in this day and age.

here we are, at the zenith of modern technological understanding thanks to the graces of science. the most shitty uncivilized people i know to date are here to stay till im dead or dying.

to be a man in a sea of faces who i dont care about, whom i will never know, who will never know me, whom will never care.

and why must i do as i am? a man? a human?

people forget the integrity the world was built on. values are sliding down the tubes.

moral lessons are lost to deaf ears. unseeing eyes that refuse to notice the fall before them.

the spirit of humanity is losing. we are our own worst enemies, having set ourselves upon each other.

it is not in life to expect education, to be blessed, or wealthy through material means. it is the manner which you live these virtues.

be the strongest you can, and give help for your brothers and sisters around you. a beacon in a darkness.

and people will be dishonest, dishonorable, and shitty.

to be a man, is just a man. if we aim to become greater, we must be responsible for ourselves first, so for all the world that women, men and children make for themselves is just.
Wow that's, like, really deep *tips fedora*

So everyone around me is my worst enemy set upon me who I don't care/know about and who in turn don't care/know about me. To combat this, I have to live the virtue of being blessed and be my strongest by helping these people who are my worst enemies and who are dishonest, dishonorable and shitty.
Obviously this great moral lesson is lost to my deaf ears so I have to be responsible for myself first and become a tautology by becoming just a tautology. After everyone finally does this, the world everyone makes for themselves will somehow be just, even though they are all shitty people.

I'm gonna trust you on this one.

Adam Lester

Jan 8, 2013
I feel that everyone faces the same problems in some way shape or form. As far as expectations of your gender or in some cases even your sexuality tend to crop up. I mean, honestly...we have it pretty good in this day and age. We deal with this bullshit not even half as much as our predecessors or even those in other countries. When I lived in Japan, ass-grabbing on trains was still the norm and the expectations for both genders were damn near written in stone. If you're a man over 20 and not on your way up the social ladder, expect to be looked at as a failure in the making. If you're a woman and not married by 30, have fun living with your parents for the rest of your life.

The biggest issue with being anything in this nation is that Americans have a need to prove how much of a victim they are. Instead of realizing that regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality or even social class we all have our own list of problems facing us. When it comes down to things like MRAs' vs third waver feminists type arguments, it devolves down into a pissing contest and both sides slinging doctored statistics back and forth like a pack of frenzied apes in a shit-flinging match trying to prove to one another that they're a bigger group of victims than the opposition.

To be frank, I've come to despise the idea of single-issue groups in this day and age. As far as I'm concerned, single issue groups are supremacy groups. We as a race should be working together in unison and respecting the struggles of everyone instead of privilege-checking and all that garbage.

jethroe498

May 7, 2012
I personally find that as a man, it's always harder to feel loved or appreciated or to have anything to improve your sense of self worth. Whenever one of my female friends feels bad or insecure about themselves, when takes a selfie, posts it on instagram and within seconds, a flock of her friends, vague acquaintances and probably some people sehs never met in her life are in the comments saying "you're literally perfect" "You're so pretty" "You're so hot I wish i was as hot as you baby" "I love you cutie I miss you", which makes her feel better about herself.

Compare that to me being a male whose friends incessantly make fun of each other and would never venture to even make the slightest compliment to each other out of fear of being called gay, and certainly wouldn't dare to venture on to instagram. I often feel really awful about my self, have a very low sense of self worth and there's no way for a guy to really be validated by society in the same way girls are because guys are always told that we can't be insecure and told we must "man up" and "grow some balls". It's just difficult to feel confident or good about yourself as a man without turning into an over compensatory dude-bro or a cocky jerk.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Ikasury said:
suppose i have a strange take on this, as a girl...

i grew up in a matriarchy,
I'm curious as to where that is.

Ikasury said:
the day guys deal with a bout of legitimate debilitating cramps from PMS is the day i'll stop calling them pussies for whining about a broken nose when i punch them for hitting on me and not taking 'no' the first three times...
"How dare you whine about pain when I sometimes have worse pain. Only the person who experiences the most pain gets to whine." And you break pepole's knows for hitting on them? That seems way disproportionate.

Ikasury said:
i get irritated when i have a guy friend who gets upset when other 'dude-bros' call him not manly enough for not liking the same inane bullshit they like, i've had to learn to not punch these guys in the face and stand up for them as apparently that's even worse...
Yes punching people in the face is generally considered worse than calling someone umanly

Ikasury said:
luckily my husband is all for me doing this, so any time a guy calls him 'unmanly' for liking to cook and clean so i beat the offending 'dude's' ass hubby can just walk away grinning saying 'yes, i get to tap that'... suppose that's a win-win for gender equality...
So you beat people up because they say things you don't like? That's not cool. That's how bullies operate, that's how thugs operate. You live in America and in most places if you picked a fight with someone they could stab you in self defense or shoot you even.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
A lot of people have mentioned that men are told to bury their emotions. That was true for me and I don't know what's an appropriate outlet to vent them and express any pain/hurt/sadness/frustration/lack of self-confidence that may sound too whiny for a man.

Anyone have any advice? I mean we can all identify the problem but I don't have a solution.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
One I have always found very odd and yet nearly universal "Men do not cook" I mean despite the fact I dislike most modern feminism I will admit women have far more issues than men and they do not go away in the kitchen, which is odd because our sexist jokes say they belong there.

While it has never bothered me there are times that it would likely bother a lot of people. I just find this one strange idea as it is this cruel combo of women belong in the kitchen unless they want to cook then you still are worse than a man.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
thaluikhain said:
Difficult to sexualise prostate cancer, though. We aren't going to have a "save the tatas" or "I like it on the table" type of bullshit campaign for it, for example.
Bah! Take it away Tom Green!

OT: As a dude, I don't feel we have that many issues that the other gender gets to avoid (like how we have beards but ladies have legs). I suppose getting kicked in the ding-dong is a male only hazard but I find it doesn't really happen often enough to be called a problem...

I suppose if I had to answer, it'd be the girly drinks. I don't like alcohol and therefore the only stuff I'm willing to drink is the stuff your grandma would kick my ass and call me a pussy for drinking...
No I agree a kick in the nuts doesn't happen enough to warrant consideration as a problem. I'd call it more of a hazard...but sitting on one, now that's a problem.

jethroe498

May 7, 2012
WhiteNachos said:
A lot of people have mentioned that men are told to bury their emotions. That was true for me and I don't know what's an appropriate outlet to vent them and express any pain/hurt/sadness/frustration/lack of self-confidence that may sound too whiny for a man.

Anyone have any advice? I mean we can all identify the problem but I don't have a solution.
Many men are able to hide it behind strings of one night stands, compensating with large trucks/houses/macho expensive stuff, so that's always an option. Exercise is always a great solitary way that I use to make me feel better about me, but it's not for everyone.

If you're lucky, you could find a good friend who you feel like you can really talk about things with and not feel embarrassed about it. Granted, it's extremely screwed up that society seems to be organized in a way that men are told to hide their emotions, but there are ways around it. A good trust worthy friend or even boy/girlfriend who you're comfortable talking to and who is willing to support you as you do the same for them is the best solution.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
I live in Texas and I am more of an academic person.

I also hate American Football. And love Soccer. And I like to read and I'm a liberal atheist.

I smell a sitcom~

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
WhiteNachos said:

Gaming was always my outlet, I had gamer rage well into my teens, it helped me cope. Fighting games mostly, it held my attention and I could do brief fights or survival get angry at a cheap lose and get so exhausted that I could finally relax.

I couldn't find anything else more practical.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
The bloody sex talk.

Do you know how annoying it is to have to work with a bunch of neanderthals making sex jokes and dirty comments about their latest conquests all day long at work? And then looking funny at you and question your sexuality because you dont talk shit about women all day long?

Cars... i have no bloody clue about cars.. i dont like cars.. i dont have a drivers license. All i know are the different manufacturers but asking me about specific models? Yeah... wont happen.

Being fan of a football club... this is a big thing here in germany... but i find football boring outside of the World championship and i could care less wich of the grossly overpayed football players has to switched to what football club. (replace football with soccer for you US citizens)

Drinking alcohol... i dont like alcohol... i dont want to get shitfaced. Yes the stories people tell about their drunkeness can get pretty epic but i see the death toll every year and to me its simply not worthwhile... especialy if you simply drink to get shitfaced.

These things are suposedly "manly" and if you dont do them you will quickly find yourselfe at the bottom of the totempole and people will make fun of you or try not to asociate with you.

Im talking here from experience, working in a very male dominated enviroment. And the women that worked in these places? Had the same bloody backwards ideas about manlyness then the neanderthals i had to work with... they just beliefed "well thats what real men are about"

Oh and since i cant mention it enough:

I HATE sex talk at the workplace... i do not care in wich position you have nailed that bimbo last night... chances are she was not a bimbo... and bigger chances are if she would hear you talk right now she would make you her ***** in an instant.

You think hate comments against women online are bad? Try to work in a storehouse for metall goods with a bunch of apes...

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
DrOswald said:
Men's fashion is shit. Women get all the pretty and fun stuff. They get interesting boots and colorful tops and jewelry and makeup and dresses, my god, don't get me started on dresses.

But no, I'm a man, so if I take an interest in dresses I am at best a pervert. God forbid if I actually would want to try wearing a dress some time, even thinking that makes me not just gay but a pervert and a freak as well.
I shit you not I've started to buy women's fashion to get the colours or expressions I want, I don't mean like dresses and such, but t-shirts and jeans, all that's oversized fashion goes very well if you're a man, and if you aren't afraid of some skinny jeans their jeans are a lot cheaper. Women's clothing have a lot more aggressive and powerful attitude that I really like but that you just don't see in menswear.

For example the other day I saw this t-shirts with the text "kiss the boys and make them cry", aggressive, no-fucks-given, provocative, I kind of like it, but there's no "kiss the girls and make them cry" because...well...I don't know really, I guess it would be too controversial whereas for women it's more empowering. But I wish there was more attitude clothing in menswear.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Westaway said:
Threads like these are the symptoms of a dying society
Quick question. How, in this scenario, would society "die"? I can imagine lots of things with the potential to destroy a society, such as a virus outbreak, a sudden environmental change, economic upheaval, but I can't picture a scenario where it would be destroyed by men complaining about gender related expectations.

QuietlyListening

Aug 5, 2014
I think this a great thread. Gender roles and expectations damage both men and women, albeit in different ways. Mostly, from what I've seen, society wants us to be tougher men; grim, stoic, proficient, unattached. But being a tougher man doesn't mean being a better man. Learning things like the value of communication, or how to show respect, and not just in the manner of holding doors, but treating other people like equals, are undervalued. Hell, even developing traits to be a better parent are often looked down upon.

Men have many advantages in society at large, but the pressures of that society can be corrupting on the soul. So when it comes to equality, we're all on the same side.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Over-share Incoming (read it in Borderlands 2's Dr. Tanis' voice for proper effect): Urinals.

I greatly dislike them. They're not efficient and, unfortunately, have the fun side effect of preventing me from adequately drying off the ol' mini-gryph.

Shakes are not sufficient for this task. Tissue or toilet paper, however, are.

Dabbing at one's genitals with toilet paper at a urinal next to some dude at a bar is not considered socially acceptable for males. Therefore, if forced to use a urinal, I can be pretty much assured that I'll wind up with an errant drip and/or drop or two.

This displeases me.

Also, they make eye contact problematic. And I've caught dudes glancing at my mini-gryph.

This also displeases me.

In short, I ask for higher dividers between urinals...or stalls. Urinal stalls. I see no reason why this should not exist and consider it a grave injustice to my sex.

ObserverStatus

Aug 27, 2014
Leonardo Huizar said:
Woman acts shallow-Society says ok
Man acts shallow-Chauvinist CIS-scum Pig rapest
If you weren't kidding and you actually think being cyberbullied by SJWs qualifies as an actual problem with being a man, your chromosomes can't be treating you all that badly

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I don't remember seeing it in here, but it is a common one. I absolutely hate it when I sit down on the toilet to do the two, and my dangling participle accidentally gets dunked in the water. It is absolutely disgusting, and I feel the need to vigorously wash it afterwards. In fact this has gotten me kicked out of a store because an employee thought I was masturbating, but all I was doing was trying to ensure I had washed every microbe off of it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh...the idea that a man has to be the breadwinner and provide money for the family.

A man can lose his job because of a financial crisis caused by rich people in a country he's never been to, and that makes him not a real man.