Project Eternity Breaks $3 million

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
The lore seems a touch... generic at times, but hopefully it'll be good.
As much as I love Obsidian, this was also my reaction, and the amount of times Sawyer said "soul" simply made me groan.

HOWEVER, nobody could have predicted just how much new material they were going to get out of Force in Kotor 2, so it's rather likely that they might pull something brilliant out of this.

Captcha: "Steal your face"

C'mon now captcha, surely this is more than "It's D&D except it's also not"

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
They will definitely get to 3.5 million now. With 29 hours to go, they are at 3.25 million on the Kickstarter page. Add that with an estimated 80 thousand from Paypal (not sure where you go to actually look at that total) and you have about 3.3 million total. Given that the last 24 hours typically sees a pretty big surge in backers, I think we can be confident in that second big city making it in the game.

Also, they are going to live stream a D&D session here [http://www.ustream.tv/channel/project-eternity-live-stream] at 5PM PST. (I forget, is PST three or four hours behind EST?).

And there is an AMA on Reddit now with Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, and Josh Sawyer: Link [http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11iox8/we_are_chris_avellone_tim_cain_and_josh_sawyer/]

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Ooh, you can use Paypal now? I've never backed anything with Kickstarter before, primarily because my e-funds are all on Paypal, but now I can contribute to Project Eternity :D

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
I am all about 'dat PE right now.

Though you shouldn't get too excited about the amount they've raised through PayPal right now (which, last I checked, was just shy of $100,000). Apparently a lot of that will get eaten up by "failed payments" in the kickstarter proper.

Still think we'll pass $3.5 million, though.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
I backed this on day 1, when we were just at a cool million.

The last day is always a blast - looking forward to breaking 3.5 and leaving Double Fine in the dust.

Templarixx

Aug 13, 2012
I saw this game the first day it went up and it was asking for $1.1 million. I never thought the game would get funded since it was asking for so much, so I donated. I woke up the next day and it was completely funded.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
With Paypal factored in, they're at $3.4 mil, with just over a full day left to go. I suspect it'll finish at 3.6-3.7, especially if the final bump is anywhere close to Double Fine Adventure.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
I had chipped in 20$ but i withdrew it because i no longer had the money. Oh well. I had one of those early donator slots.

I'll just wait until it is released so that way I know I have a good product that is actually made

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
it's currently sitting at 3.3million on the kickstarter page and 25 hours to go. At last reporting there was about $100,000 on the paypal page. I think that the 3.5mill is almost sealed now. I'm hoping they add a 4mill stretch goal at the last minute to really try and push it to the next level!

Also interesting to note is that they are currently sitting at 64,866 backers and just over 2000 paypal backers, which is good for 10 LEVELS in their mega dungeon, and very close to getting 11... That's going to be an INSANE dungeon... It'll almost be like having Diablo within your game :D

I'm super excited for this game and pledging $198 towards it, so I hope it comes through and delivers something awesome!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Really hope it hits the 3.5 mark. I never played a game like this before, so I might as well start here, and the more the better. Plus it caters to us filthy Mac peasants.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Sounds like a quantity over quality thing. I hear no assurances that the game will be great just by throwing more money at it. In the end they could have added all that stuff for less than $100,000. But I suppose it's just bait and they can easily add that stuff regardless of whether or not they get another million.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
erttheking said:
Really hope it hits the 3.5 mark. I never played a game like this before, so I might as well start here, and the more the better. Plus it caters to us filthy Mac peasants.
You should try out Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition when it comes next month. It will be on Mac. That'll give you a taste of what people are hoping Project Eternity will bring back. Also, games on GOG.com are easy to play on Mac using Wineskin.

EDIT: Or I should say that many GOG.com games are easy to play on Mac. That's how I played the original Fallouts, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights, Sacrifice, Planescape: Torment, and a bunch of others when I had a Mac. Portingteam.com was a great resource that made things simple.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
I'd much rather a non-isometric game, I always preferred a first person perspective or 3D. Isometric games just seem dime a dozen these days and a cheap way to cash-in on a trend so I'm not massively impressed and haven't donated to the project.

I'd like to see something more ambitious from a large, established company with experience in the field.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Looks like they hit the 3.5 million mark, and just on the Kickstarter page so there's even more on PayPal. With only 10 hours to go I don't think they have time to add much more, quite honestly with all the marks they've hit I think it's enough.

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
I just looked at their kickstarter page. 3.5 million with $8000 to spare at 9:47 am, central time!

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
That's past the $3.5mil mark.

So excited for this. Hope it works out well. Pitched in $25 earlier this month, this is amazing.