Protesters that hurt more than help

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Honkifyoulovepeaceandquiet said:
Graustein said:
Danzorz said:
Ionami said:
Danzorz said:
P.E.T.A apparently they put down about 4/7 of their animals, so much for protecting them.
4/7? Why such an odd fraction?
Because I Can.

Also one of the main people in P.E.T.A has diabetes, so she uses insulin, a drug that came from animal testing, yet says animal testing is wrong.
Oh, it's worse than that.
She has the gall to turn those animals into martyrs. "It's better that one pig die so that I can survive to save their brethren" is the general gist of her excuse.
Not to correct your excellent point, but most if not all insulin is synthetic nowadays. I'm diabetic too, unfortunately.

I also love animals. I think it's a sin when one of them goes to waste, hehe.
My girlfriend eats steak so rare, I told her to tell the waiter to "shoot it in the head, wipe its ass, and serve it to me."
My bad. The fact remains, however, that she condoned animal testing that allowed her to live.
I've found the direct quote: "I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."
So she's not martyring the animals per se, but she's opposing animal research while still reaping the benefits.

I3uster

Nov 16, 2008
2 pages and no one has mentioned nazis?
Everyone gets mad about GREENPEACE?!?!?
I mean i can accept PETA but greenpeace?
far-left and far-right protester are generaly the most harmful of em.
But dont underestimate christian anti-homosexual or anti-abortion protests.

TerraMGP

Jun 25, 2008
Well personally I never liked any marches, which is why I agree about Gay pride marches. Quit making us look bad guys.

Seriously though I would say go after Focus on the family because you will get quite a bit of dirt. This Psudo-christian organization is shockingly powerful but at the same time people who know what liars they are know that if you want the truth, its usually best to go wit hteh opposite of what they say.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
Doesn't really count as a protest group, but the UN is a good example of a well-meaning group who do absolutely fuckall for the world.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Danzorz said:
Also one of the main people in P.E.T.A has diabetes, so she uses insulin, a drug that came from animal testing, yet says animal testing is wrong.
Insulin comes from bacteria cultures, not from animals any more.

[sup]EDIT: oh come on, second page ninja'd, jeez- and by eight hours no less! I'm losing my touch...[/sup]

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
Suffragettes. No seriously. In the UK after they had raised awareness of their cause they became a major nuisance as the political establishment couldn't give women suffrage, because it risked them losing face to what was considered a radical terrorist organisation. Doing heinous things like wrecking golfing greens as well as blowing up post-box's and Lloyd-Georges house. It took the First World War, during which they suspended their campaign, to get women suffrage.

siggi11

Jan 10, 2009
The guys in Iceland that protested against the financial crisis. They burned cables to a TV station, effectively stopping an annual TV show where various politicians are interviewed.

Shit was lol.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Well I was going to say PETA but I got beat to that by pretty much everyone in this thread. But How ridiculous do you have to be to campaign to change the name from fish to sea kittens?

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
(in the US at least)

Most of them.

By which i mean, basically every single form of protest since the civil rights movement has been a laughable waste of time.

especially atheists.
FUCK atheist activists.
seriously.
go home.
get a job or something.
jesus fucking christ. (ha)

to clarify: i do not believe in a god (or 'the' god) per-say, but i'm not pretentious enough to label myself an "atheist".

it just pisses me off when these people (yes, "these people") protest against religious symbols in public places, or against religion itself, as if their rights are being violated. atheism does not face any meaningful prejudice in america. seriously. nobody cares.

ironically, by definition, they shouldn't care either, yet they deem it necessary to protest at say, a soldier's FUNERAL service at the National Cathedral, for example.

go fuck yourselves you pathetic societal leeches.

That is all.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
iain62a said:
I never understood the IRA's hunger strikers in the 80s (Bobby Sands and all that). It seems stupid to me. They were declared enemies of Britain at the time, so they threatened to kill themselves unless Britain gave in to their demands...

Sounds like the crack suicide squad in Monty Python to me.
Basically, they didn't want to be considered enemies of Britain, they want to be considered POWs/Political Prisoner and have all the rights of a POW/PP. In essence, they didn't think that Britain was taking they seriously enough and hunger strike was the only way they could rebel; Protest, peaceful or otherwise was out of the question because they were prisoners.

falcontwin

Aug 10, 2008
RobinHood3000 said:
What are those seafaring folk who are basically considered a pirate organization? I forget what they're called.
The sea sheperd, a group of people who go around trying to stop whaling and seal hunting and stuff by ramming ships and illegally boarding them. If they weren't an environmental organisation they would be considered terrorists and locked up. I don't think they help their cause any by going so overboard with their tactics.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
eggdog14 said:
Oh dear god. I'm not even going to bother.

Danzorz said:
Danny Ocean said:
Insulin comes from bacteria cultures, not from animals any more.
Yes but It was developed from animal testing, thus she is still being a hypocrite.
The development of insulin producing bacteria cultures does in no way involve animals, it was never even tested on animals because that would've defied the point of using Human DNA.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
A lot of the anarchists were I live write insulting graffiti on other people's property including death threats against policemen and their children. The sane (well less crazy anyway) anarchists can be somewhat persuasive sometimes.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
falcontwin said:
RobinHood3000 said:
What are those seafaring folk who are basically considered a pirate organization? I forget what they're called.
The sea sheperd, a group of people who go around trying to stop whaling and seal hunting and stuff by ramming ships and illegally boarding them. If they weren't an environmental organisation they would be considered terrorists and locked up. I don't think they help their cause any by going so overboard with their tactics.
Actually their cause is to stop illegal whaling and since the Australian government won't do anything about it, the crew of the sea shepard are the only people that are helping their own cause.

SnurreFisk

Jul 29, 2008
Come to Norway , Oslo
Some bullshit muslim fanatics and Isreal-supporters are making hell in the city and fighting Palestinan-supporters. SEND CRIMINAL AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS HOME! Man, I hate my government

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
falcontwin said:
RobinHood3000 said:
I am so looking forward to the time when the Japanese whalers 'accidentally' kill them all.

hypothetical fact said:
Actually their cause is to stop illegal whaling and since the Australian government won't do anything about it, the crew of the sea shepard are the only people that are helping their own cause.
The whalers they're after are whaling in international waters and are from Japan, which doesn't have anti-whaling laws.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Well there was a big riot in norway a couple of days ago. There was a peaceful march in the main capital that some people went on to support israel. Then a lot of Palestinians, muslims started protesting in the streets. It went really bad and a lot of hooligans and people who just wanted to cause trouble joined in. It went bad and they destroyed cars attacked people, trew molotow cocktails etc, screaming "alluh achbar!". In a country that doesnt even have much to do with the war between hamaz in palestina and israel. I sadly think this will lead to prejudice because people will think that all palestinians etc is like that. Of course our legal system is so messed up that dipshits like this rarely gets punished.