[Prototype] is anti-climactic

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Spirultima said:
Halfbreed13 said:
I personally love the part you mentioned. Hated Karen either way.
...I mentioned many parts, can you be any more specific.

And you hated Karen? The real prick in the whole game IS Alex (before he was infected with blacklight) he caused a biological catastrophe. And thats not mentioning the fact Karen WAS blackmailed, i remember the memory leeched from a lawyer (i remember flying about the city, destroying tanks and hijacking heli-s, while saying "LAWYER MAN, POWER ON!" or something close to that.)
The part when you get revenge on Karen. I am just that evil ^.^

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Spirultima said:
Rusty Bucket said:
The_Night_Walker said:
cainx10a said:
The hell, Cross is Pariah. You saw him transform into a Supreme Hunter, not get consumed by one. After Alex consumed the colonel or general or whatever that high ranking officer with a missing arm was, he turned to Cross and snapped " ... that YOU had the chance to stop all of this ... " before the last fight started.
Cross is not Pariah, Cross was consumed - you see a brief cutscene where through infected eyes cross is attacked, this is when he is consumed
You never see him get consumed. He was fighting a normal infected, you saw it going towards him. The infected vision is just to tell you that Cross is infected.
Almost all Blackwatch member are infected.
Then why are they so easy to kill?

Nyeb

Feb 7, 2009
The_Night_Walker said:
Rusty Bucket said:
The_Night_Walker said:
cainx10a said:
The hell, Cross is Pariah. You saw him transform into a Supreme Hunter, not get consumed by one. After Alex consumed the colonel or general or whatever that high ranking officer with a missing arm was, he turned to Cross and snapped " ... that YOU had the chance to stop all of this ... " before the last fight started.
Cross is not Pariah, Cross was consumed - you see a brief cutscene where through infected eyes cross is attacked, this is when he is consumed

You never see him get consumed. He was fighting a normal infected, you saw it going towards him. The infected vision is just to tell you that Cross is infected.
You dont see it no, but it was the supreme hunter, he gained Alex's consume and disguise Ability after Alex walked in a piece of hunter goo after you beat him the 1st time, he then consumes Cross offscreen, Pariah shows no sign of infection - in WOI you find that out - The Supreme Hybrid is the same boss as The supreme hunter just harder, y do you think the last boss is called Supreme Hybrid - if it was Pariah they would have called It Pariah

Maybe Cross consumed the Hunter? You don't find out about Pariah until you get so far into the web. Maybe the developers didn't want to spoil it. But, it does leave room for a sequel if Pariah is still alive somewhere. I suppose that it's up for speculation. I guess it would be anti-climactic if Cross was just killed by a supreme hunter. But, hey, that's the tread, eh? I guess I'ma have to play through again to find out.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
LimaBravo said:
Still bloody good fun though. Roughly how many hours of game play is there ?

I dont care its a spoiler BTW a) The plots shallower than my gutters, b) its an action adventure c) I only wanna see people go squishy & jump off buildings while shouting 'Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................'
Like my personal favourite attack, the hammerfist throw, you use your own fist to lunge at a enemy, and crush them.

And my personal favourite weapon is the "giganta-blade of slicey death" for just being plain awesome.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
LimaBravo said:
This game is freaking AWESOME.

Whilst running down the middle of the road faster than the speeding cars that were crashing in an effort to get away from me I grabbed a guy crossing the road by the throat and leapt 30 foot in the air, he said 'Let me go' so I did.

Im still chuckling 30 minutes later.

Im a bad bad bad man :(
Dude....let me use your 360 for a week. Mine died right before the games release! =[

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
cainx10a said:
Then why are they so easy to kill?
Simple, There still human, just probably been exposed to it, if you don't think thats a good explanation, think normal infected, you flick them and there limbs come apart.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Well, before I get to my on-topic reply, I would just like to say so is your mother.
Now then, I have to disagree. While it wasn't the best ending, it wasn't that bad. Besides, any shortcomings the ending had I thought were made up for by the excellent gameplay.

EDIT: No, that was not meant as an insult. That was just my immaturity rearing it's ugly head.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
LimaBravo said:
Xyphon said:
LimaBravo said:
This game is freaking AWESOME.

Whilst running down the middle of the road faster than the speeding cars that were crashing in an effort to get away from me I grabbed a guy crossing the road by the throat and leapt 30 foot in the air, he said 'Let me go' so I did.

Im still chuckling 30 minutes later.

Im a bad bad bad man :(
Dude....let me use your 360 for a week. Mine died right before the games release! =[

I would but I dont own one :D PC :D
Well let me use your PC then. xD

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Personally i thought that the ambiguity (butchered spelling) was one of its greatest strengths. I never thought of Prototype as a compelling narative, just a suprisingly fun and hard game. (I say "hard" as in it was suprisingly difficult, not as in OMFG OMFG THIS GAME IS WAAAYY TOO DIFFICULT)

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
ShankHA32 said:
Personally i thought that the ambiguity (butchered spelling) was one of its greatest strengths. I never thought of Prototype as a compelling narative, just a suprisingly fun and hard game. (I say "hard" as in it was suprisingly difficult, not as in OMFG OMFG THIS GAME IS WAAAYY TOO DIFFICULT)
Yeah, jumping on normal straight away was a good idea, added a level of difficulty.

But come on, this game was being awaited for so long, at least they could have bumped up the story a couple of notches.

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Yeah, jumping on normal straight away was a good idea, added a level of difficulty.

But come on, this game was being awaited for so long, at least they could have bumped up the story a couple of notches.
Maybe, but they obviously took a painstaking amount of time to make the WoI and tweaking upgrades and the combat system, along wiht the chaos and the rock-solid frame rate, so I can forgive the story.

ek599

May 27, 2009
I think there's a climax. When you stab the needle into Elizabeth's neck? I got a sick sense of pleasure from doing that though...

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
Collect all the hints and location marks at the start and you can buy most upgrades when they arrive which always helps

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:

Maybe, but they obviously took a painstaking amount of time to make the WoI and tweaking upgrades and the combat system, along wiht the chaos and the rock-solid frame rate, so I can forgive the story.
True, im guess im asking for the perfect game *cough* Valkyria Chronicles *cough* that mixes epic story with amazing gameplay.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
To be fair the very last twist is pretty unexpected i mean come on how many of you
exped you to be be the virus rather than alex himself