Prototype Is VERY HARD

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I haven't gotten there yet but from what I've seen so far, it seems that most of the big battles have a rock paper scissors formula but yes it is a bit more difficult than I was expecting after the opening battle.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Weren't people just complaining a few days ago about how easy games have become?

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
quack35 said:
Weren't people just complaining a few days ago about how easy games have become?
A few people having problems with one game immediately disproves that every game is easy?

There will always be games that are difficult. The problem is that they're rare, so when a game is released that's actually difficult most people aren't used to actually thinking what could be done to defeat a boss.(not saying that having to spend an hour to figure out how to beat a boss is good)

On-topic - A game that's actually difficult? I might try to find some information about it and if it's really as difficult as people say, maybe I'll get it.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Flour said:
quack35 said:
A few people having problems with one game immediately disproves that every game is easy?
No, I just find it weird that people would complain.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
Khazoth said:
It is far too fucking hard, I mean the fight with Elizabeth Green is ten different kinds of unfair.

She can knock you down

She can attack you with dozens of orbs that seek you out

She sends out the strongest level infected in waves of 3 which can also knock you down and deal massive amounts of damage.

She has a bullshit blood wave which knocks away most of your health if it hits, and it will because of all the crap that can knock you down

She can attack you DURING the blood wave, and knock you down, making it impossible to flee.

Edit: For the record, you have to use the bio-whip thing and lock onto the tentacles, while moving, and continuously use your long ranged attacks.
THANK YOU!!! I've barely touched the whipfist -hehehe- and I just realized how useful it is. I was using the downward sword arm slash, which is strong enough to take out one of the hunter leaders in 2 hits.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
PauL o_O said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Oh, just wait until you have to fight
THE SUPREME HUNTER! DUNDUNDUUUN!Which is coincidentally the next part of that mission
****SPOLIERS*****
the one on the battle ship? Yea I just got there, and that was 10x easier then Lizzy Greene fight.
but spoiler boxes up next time, with
text text text[ /spoiler]
but remove the space between the bracket and the /

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
I haven't gotten there yet but from what I've seen so far, it seems that most of the big battles have a rock paper scissors formula but yes it is a bit more difficult than I was expecting after the opening battle.
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean when you say "rock-paper-scissors"? The game is much more of a hit and run, since all bigger enemies have combos that can kill you instantly, and they can't be hurt during these combos. For the hyrbrid hunter supreme thingies, you just wait for them to finish swinging then you rush in for a hit or 2. (Whipfist works wonders on bosses)

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I personnaly went for the whole "SLice it util something alls off" strategy. It did me pretty well.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Whipfist is probale one of the best things to use! :)
Honestly, for the Green fight, you just need to hop in helicopters or tanks, which is where WHIPFIST comes in very handy.

And this game is challenging. You will die.
Of course, I've been playing on Normal, I have no idea how easy the Easy difficulty is.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
Every mission after this boss fight is equally frusturating. I die 3 or 4 times a mission.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Okay for the Elizabeth Green fight in Times Square. Just defeated her rather easily

Keep Armor On

While Tentacles are undefeated, stay moving and use the charged long range whip strike

When she drops to the ground, switch to your blade and hack into her.

Do not focus on ANYTHING else but Green.

She should be a snap.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Oh, just wait until you have to fight
THE SUPREME HUNTER! DUNDUNDUUUN!Which is coincidentally the next part of that mission
I just listened to my friend defeat it over our Live connection. He bit my head off for saying 3 words to another friend in the party.

Boy, methinks he needs some sleep. I don't think he's gotten any since it came out.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
randommaster said:
Sounds like a combination of marathon boss [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarathonBoss] and nintendo hard [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard].
Greetings, fellow troper.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I found this game to be extremely easy. I've died only once, though I spend a lot of my time just running around killing strike teams, destroying bases, and blowing up hives. I hear the boss fights provide a MAJOR spike in difficulty, though I haven't felt that yet.

The game is amazingly fun though. I like to throw helicopters at helicopters.

Nyeb

Feb 7, 2009
Uhhh, there are tricks for everything in the game.

Hydra- get a vehicle (tank, heli, etc...) and shoot it from a range, dodging its attacks. Easy. Also works on, uhh, everything?

Greene- Make sure you have uber health. Get close, use a devastator, run and heal. Repeat. When she's down, use the Critical Pain or whatever pain devastator on her face. Or just blade the shit out of it. I used the 'Y' attack for the blades, charging of course. You have to buy the attack.

Hunters- Use hunter dirtnap. Or blade the shit out of it. DO NOT USE ARMOR ON HUNTERS, use the dodge move. Like something roll. RT + Left-Stick-any-direction on 360. If you don't have many upgrades yet and are fighting the hunters, use the flying kick. Jump, target the hunter, and press and hold X (360). I would reccomend consuming these guys, as they give pretty good health boosts.

Leader/Supreme Hunter- Basically the same method for Hunters, but without the hunter dirtnap. Same goes for SuperSoldiers.

If you can't defeat any human opponents, just run till youre out of view and disguise yourself. Jump kick any mobile detectors. Jump kicking works on heli's pretty well, too.

I hope this helps...