PROVE YOUR NERDINESS!

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
Venatio said:
gillebro said:
Venatio said:
gillebro said:
...i'm fairly socially inept.
That depends on the circle you in. I'm like fish out of water in many circles but those I excel in I do pretty swell. besides, society is overated.
ironically i'm a bit of a loser even in my circles because i DON'T like dr who.
You run with some strange circles.... And who doesnt like Dr. Who? That guy was amazing, seriously they should clone him and study his brain.
Heh, well they're circles of British people and I'm Australian. In my circles back home I was the outsider for other various reasons. But it was all good.

Who doesn't like Dr Who? Well, me. It causes me pain. And believe me, I tried to like it.

You are right though. Society is overrated.

Edit: Oh, right. Oh no, Dr Suess was awesome!

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I danced in joy when I beat Safer Sephiroth.

Oh, and I take a class on Computer Programming. When I finish my project and we have extra time, I pull out a flash drive with a SNES emulator and play that on the computer.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I own all Final fantasys, a gunblade (Real one), a squall figure, a gundam plushy, many anime and final fantasy posters, a ff7 sholder guard, and every episode of code geass.

JopperJopJop

Apr 1, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
JopperJopJop said:
Macgyvercas said:
I regularly calculate the distance light travels in x amount of time.
How far did light travel in the time it took me to type this(1min 32 sec)

OT: I guess being a member of this site
1 min. 32 sec. = 92 sec. 92/60=1.53 minutes
c=299,792,458 m/s
299,792,458 m/s x 60 sec = 1.798754748E10 meters/minute
1.7987548E10 m/min x 1.53 minutes = 2.752094764E10 meters = approx. 17100724 miles.

Next question please!
Ok I'm impressed, how far can it get in 8.2 weeks

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I have a limited edition Star Trek: TNG Phaser (with laser and sound effects).
I have every Star Trek movie ever made.
I am getting an aerospace engineering degree.
I built a railgun out of old camera parts, and I am thinking of building a fusor.
I used to make up spacecraft in my spare time.
I have been known to solve random integrals in my shift log at work.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I can recite pi to too many digits. Also I find non-traditional but more efficient ways of doing things such as eating bagels and such.

TimeLord said:
I can recite the entire Architect speech from the Matrix Reloaded word for word (I say it to myself when I'm bored at work)
I'm impressed that you can recite a speech from a non-existent movie. Only one Matrix movie ever happened :)

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
My computer has
i7 920 2.66Ghz
Asus P6T-SE
12G DDR3
2x Sapphire HD5870s
Thermaltake 750w QFan
1TB HDD
Logitech G5
Razer Arctosa
Antec 902

:D
And I make maps for TF2, L4D and CSS.
Animate, Photoshop/Illustrate, Game... I dunno :D fun fun.

Oh and I can spell and remember pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

undyingdh777

Red Lantern
Jun 25, 2008
At any given time my wardrobe contains a Gurren Lagann wristband, a Black Lantern Corps power ring, a Pokewalker, a Digimon season 3 Digivice, a Transformers hat, and a USB flash drive on a chain necklace. Oh yeah and I also have a tattoo from the show Supernatural and am getting a tattoo from the comic The Darkness.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
... i can explain how a 'Parsec' was use correctly in the 'Star Wars' film...

thats how i know i'm nerdy

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Oh, I just thought of another one.

I own seasons 1-7 of Dragon Ball Z, and am trying to obtain the other two to complete my collection.

:D

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
I have a shrine to video games in my living room made out of rare and odd artifacts that I have found, my game collection takes up a five space storage unit from IKEA, and have a closet or two of comic books.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I have built three PCs
I am majoring in math because I think it's cool (in addition to majoring in chem)
I f-ing love quantum mechanics
I read physics books for fun
I enjoy puzzles
I love 4x games

Ok, maybe I'm not so much a nerd as a pathetic loser..

phill464

Jun 30, 2009
I used the periodic table of elements as a cultural reference on a college paper last semester, i wear hoodies and super hero t-shirts most days, i can control my emotions, watch anime (xxxholic, deathnote, full metal alchemist), and play DnD about once a month...usually more in the summer. and i do this all without being pushed around by jocks or ignored by girls.