PS3 Dev: People Think PlayStation Home "Is Sh*t"

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's not very good. It's improved, but it still doesn't do a lot of what was originally advertised. Until then, it's not really worth using.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
It's creative. I don't use it that often because when I turn on my fucking PS3, it's to play a video game. If I want to be social with a bunch of people, I generally go hang out with my local friends. Otherwise, the only interaction online is coordination to kick some ass.

arcticphoenix95

Apr 30, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I wouldn't say Home is shit, because shit has actual consistency.

Home is more like musty fart.
a fart still has a smell. home is more like a vacuum sealed plastic bag made of air.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
CoverYourHead said:
Hey, I have a PS3 and internet hook-up, never tried it. I have no motivation to do so. I also often hear that it's shit.
It is boring.

I always kinda feel like I'm missing something but I've been on 3-4 times and am pretty sure I'm not (missing anything).

The most fun I've had is playing chess with a friend. That just feels gimicky though. Until it has a worthwhile function or you know a point I'm not going on.

Question for SONY - If you didn't know what to do with it why build it?

It won't organically become good. It will stagnate until all PS3 owners follow the lead of removing it from their hard drives for space.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
The term "Well, duh!" comes to mind. From what I've heard, it's just a boring version of the Sims.

HippySecond

Jun 11, 2008
Played with it a few times, quite awhile ago. It's a very good idea, but really needs to be tweaked, the little minigames are great to kill time, and some are actually quite fun.
However the idea of buying gear with real world money is what turns me off. If there was a better in-home way to eurn the gear for avatar/apartment, I think it would be a much better service.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
It is a bit shit, to be fair.

Hey, at least the devs know what they're talking about....heh.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
HOME has its own quirks to it. It's a nifty little feature that you use for 10 minutes at a time, though it'd be better if there wasn't a friggin' download every time you enter a damn room! That was the main reason why I deleted it (it was also taking up 3GB of space).

There's a helluvah lot of content that HOME can improve upon, no doubt about it, but overall it is a neat little feature to play around in from time to time.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
It is shit.
If I want to go bowling with friends, I'll go bowling. I'd much prefer to kill thousands of zombies, from a virtual stand point.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I tried it a couple of times, and yeah, it was pretty shit.

I haven't gone on there purposefully in about a year.

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
Playstation Home is more boring than counting sesame seeds. There's no life to it! I mean, even internet forum avatar pictures have more life in them! Even the X360 avatars, and for good reason also.

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
It IS pretty crap. I went on maybe three times throughout it's existence. I think I stayed on 10 minutes at the longest.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
they are just now figuring this out?
It would be far better for Sony to give up on home and redirect the employees working on it and the R&D money going into it into better things.

There is nothing coming out of home thats worthwhile for the system on a whole, and for that matter home looks to never or even trying to be turned into what it was promised to be.
the once source place users would go to launch games, interact, set up parties, lobbies...ect in essence replace the XMB it self...and it doesn't seem to even be aiming for that any more.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Haven't even downloaded the fucking thing. It looked like one of those online chat sever things, which doesn't really appeal to me. at all.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
A short presentacion of Home: Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading.. Press X.. Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading.. Do you want to dowload area? Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading.. Press X.. Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading..
Server crashed.. Press X to reconnect.. Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading..
Press X to start minigame.. Loading..Loading.. Play for 3 mins.. Press O to exit minigame.. Loading..Loading..Loading.. Do "running man" on some girl.. "Bored".. Exit Home and delete.. Loading..Loading..Loading..Loading..