"PS3 DOMINANT!"

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
I care about the games not the consoles. Fanboys in general annoy me if they're the overbearing "My way is best!" sort. I'm all for picking favorites but when you actively encourage others to throw away their own opinions in an issue that has no true winner than I really just start shaking my head. Competition breeds quality. Having a "winner" will just screw everything up IMO.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
Kalezian said:
Jerome9157 said:
tell your friend that he is an idiot and should be ashamed of even calling himself a gamer. He should shut the fuck up while the people who had been with Sony since the beginning when the best Playstation you could get was the 3000x series because it had the Gameshark adapter on the back.

I was there when the Playstation controller only had the Digital Pad as opposed to analog sticks, I was there when the N64 was released and the next day Sony had added the sticks, I was there when the Rumble Pack was released and then Sony added rumble to the Dualshock 2.

I have reasons why I no longer like Sony or the Playstation brand, one of the major ones is how the PS3 fanboys act.

He is also wrong on many things:

blu-ray discs - because you SHOULD re-buy all of your movies every few years, I already have the ability to play blu-ray disks, this does not affect my buying thoughts.

free online play - I wouldnt call it "Play" as much as "the ability to hack and troll the fuck out of players without any regard to one's account. Got Banned? remake new account free of charge.

internet access - Because neither the Wii or 360 can access the internet.

vid zone - I have a playstation, but instead of playing games on it I want to watch videos!

sixaxis controlers - motion rip-off, Wii did it first.

playStation plus - Protip: Dont flaunt that you have free online play, then also flaunt that you have subscriptions too, idiot.

recargable controlers - both the Wii and the 360 ALSO have this, idiot.

DVD upscaling - and? the 360 has Upscaling also, the point of making a point is fact checking.

PS Home - if you have to use PS Home as a "reason the PS3 is better", you are failing. HARD.

PS store - yet again with the "we have free online play, but let me tell you about things you need to pay for!", the 360, Wii, and PC all have virtual stores.

less kids with mics - is that because no one ever buys a mic? I mean, you already payed for a console, I wouldn't expect the maker box it with a microphone also. oh, wait, the 360 comes with mics out of the box.

the list is endless - no it is not, or else you would of continued going on.

Does the xbox 360 compare - Sony announced that Microsoft has won the most units sold, and are now focusing on making better products, if I remember that Escapist article right.

I dont think so - you think wrong.

So, your an xbox fanboy then?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I own both systems and enjoy them both for what they offer and dont offer but I do know your friend is in fact a idiot

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Well my thoughts are that your friend is an illiterate tool. I always find it funny to run into that rare guy on xbl who has a bio that talks about his great undying love for this ps3 and thinks the 360 is garbage but is playing live anyway. Oh well, trolls will always be trolls. I pity them really.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
pulse2 said:
Woodsey said:
Snip Snip Snip
I'm in the same boat, cept I sold off my 360.

Not everyone can afford a gaming PC though, so it makes sense that they would stick to the consoles. There are 360 I'd like to play, but I don't feel they warrent me buying another 360 again. Still, nothing quite beats the joy of modded games on PC :D The infinate fun to be had in Fallout 3 for example.
I am as well, I used to be all console games, then once I built my pc I barely have any reason to touch the consoles. I only own consoles for their exclusives now, what exclusives there are that are worth getting that is. Other than that, Pc first, everything else second.

Dr_Pie

Aug 11, 2009
I have both a 360 and a PS3.

A month back I dug out my Dreamcast and haven't touched those 2 since. (except for DVDs)

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I personally think that, although the PS3 does admittedly have more features, it's ridiculously overpriced considering it hasn't got THAT much more going for it than the 360, and that the 360 has better exclusive titles. But that's just my opinion...

More importantly, your friend posted that stuff on his XBL bio... does he have a death wish or something?

reddfawks

Jul 29, 2010
I'm sick to the teeth of console wars. Could you imagine if any other piece of technology was like this?

"Hmmm, this is some good toast, Bob! Did you make it with a KitchenAid?"
"No Jim, my toaster is a CuisinArt."
"HOW COULD YOU EAT TOAST THAT COMES OUT OF THAT MACHINE?" *Jim throws toast against the wall and storms out*

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Well, I certainly prefer the PS3 over the 360, and my PC over both, but that's a dead horse on this board... my question is, if your friend prefers the PS3 so much, what the hell did he make an XBox Live account for? Does he pay the monthly fee for it?

Also, Sonic is soooo fast! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlulSyBI2aY]

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Why do people care?

I have Ps3 and Wii. As for why I got PS3 and not XBOX360...

I like the controller more, the Xbox-exclusives didn't interest me, and I got it cheap. And my friend has it too so I can borrow his games.
As for what I play the most... Nintendo DS.

TheSquashedOrange

Feb 8, 2011
Eh, this is just going to cause a flame war...I mean, how does this stimulate converastion other than arguing over which one is better?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Gentlemen, this is going to end regrettably. And before it does, please allow me to draw a bilateral and unbiased conclusion

Xbox 360 vs PS3: PC wins

Ba dum tsh!

What? I like flame wars...

Rhinzual26

Feb 17, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
Subjective opinion being used as the basis for an argument on the internet.

How the fuck do you think this is going to end?
(hint: not with a pillow fight)
How about a mud fight between Zero Suit Samus, Sasha from inFamous, and that one female support cast member from Gears of War.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
The PS3 is technically better, but its games are exactly the same. The PS3 hasn't yet been used to its full, mostly because it costs a LOT to do and takes a VERY long time with VERY good computers.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Rhinzual26 said:
Atmos Duality said:
Subjective opinion being used as the basis for an argument on the internet.

How the fuck do you think this is going to end?
(hint: not with a pillow fight)
How about a mud fight between Zero Suit Samus, Sasha from inFamous, and that one female support cast member from Gears of War.
Only problem: Samus isn't just a Martial Artist, she's got superhuman strength and agility. Would be fun to watch though haha.

Shes Your Adversary

Feb 26, 2011
Eh, I honestly could care less about the whole 'PS3 vs. Xbox360' thing.
I have already heard so much from my two brothers who would get into long-winded debates on which console is better. Psh...fanboys...
Anyway, I'm personally a 360 person just because I am familiar with it. Besides, most of my friends own one, so I like to play games with them or just chat on Live.

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
PS3 vs Xbox flame wars make me rage inside.
Gaming should be about games, not the piece of plastic you put the games into -_-

But, just to be hypocrite;

I personally prefer Xbox simply because I'm familiar with it, and I like games such as Halo. I would probably buy a PS3 if I wasn't hurting for money at the moment, and there aren't any games on PS3 I really think would be worth it right now.

Also my PS3 fan-boy friend pretty much buys all of the exclusives and lives pretty much 100 metres away from me so if anything really stands out I'll consider saving for one.

If I had the choice I would play all :)

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
Your friends a tool who wants to start crap. What is there to say, really? Console fanboys are at the bottom of the intelligence list.
Genius
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Mentally Retarded
Creationist
Console Fanboy