"PS3 DOMINANT!"

Finebrew

Apr 13, 2009
I have never understood the console wars. I have had all the systems from each generation since the N64/PS1/Saturn days ( Yes I did own both a SNES and a Genesis but didnt get the Gen until after the Saturn was out so I dont count that.) The way I see it is by getting them all I get to play all the good games. I do have a favorite system this gen but not gonna say what. I have no interest in starting a flame war.

Nova Helix

Mar 17, 2010
Jerome9157 said:
yes the fat one was a bit of a fail.
What? You're friend is an idiot just for that. One of the reasons I bought it was for the backwards compatibility and is one way that the 360 failed. You can't play Legend of Mana on the 'Slim'.

As far as console wars goes it's just personal preference, the rest is an argument of semantics.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
actually there are three things that make the xbox distinctively better in my book.

major ps3 flaws.
1. theres not god damn backwards compatabilaty with the slim, it pisses me off.
2. the fact that the joysticks are misplaced on the sixaxis and left thumbs constantly get tired.
3.theres no in game party chat, i want to talk to my friend who is playing little big planet, while im playing infamous, but since Sony is mentally retarded and doesn't get it, i can't do that.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Jerome9157 said:
"PS3 DOMINANT", my ps3-fanboy bestfriend's motto on xbl, he dosnt stop there, he has an essay of a bio of why his console of choice puts all others in the shade.

BTW, i have both consoles, and im quite neutral to both, but i play my xbox more.

Heres his xbl bio:

"PS3 is so much beter than the 360. Dont get me wrong, i like xbox 360, but compared to the PS3, saddly, it fails. there are so many things u can do on PS3 it is actualy incredable. yes the fat one was a bit of a fail. but the slim i cant fault it. blu-ray discs _ free online play _ internet access _ vid zone _ sixaxis controlers _ playStation plus _ recargable controlers _ DVD upscaling _ PS Home _ PS store _ less kids with mics, the list is endless, Does the xbox 360 compare. I dont think so."

Any thoughts fellow escapists?

Side note, when i started playing games (this was back in the 6th generation of gaming), i was a major PS2 fanboy, and he was a major Xbox fanboy, eventually I agreed the XBOX was better and forgot about the ps2, now the roles have reversed it seems.

AGAIN, NOT A PS3 VS 360 THREAD.
Hmmmm. Blu-ray discs? Cool. Free online play? Bonus, but don't use it. Internet access? Yeah, not buying a keyboard for my PS3 when I just us my computer. Besides, I can't watch Escapist vids on the PS3. Vid Zone? WTF is that? Sixaxis? Much better used on the iPhone. Playstation Plus? No. Rechargeable controllers? Yeah, I would much rather buy a whole new controller when it can't carry a charge anymore than just a new battery pack or even a new pack of AAs. Besides, the USB cord is usually too short to play while charging. DVD upscaling? Also cool. PS Home? Interesting idea. I deleted mine so I say useless. PS Store? Okay, it's a bit different than XBL Marketplace but I can't say one's better than the other. Less kids with mics? Mute button. Endless list? Looks like it just ended to me.

So, is PS3 dominant? No. Is Xbox? Not really. It's all opinion and preference. I have both and a Wii so I don't care too much which is better as long as the games stay fun.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
Thoughts on what? That your friend portrays himself as a tool?
I don't think it's just a portrayal. I think he actually is a tool.

That in and of itself isn't really the problem. Plenty of people are tools, and either don't know it, but don't really show it, or do know it and make a point of hiding it. this kid falls into the category of being a class A tool and having neither the supplementary traits to control it or the knowledge of his toolness, keeping him from hiding it.

OT: Does anyone else associate this kind of behaviour with the kind of people who occasionally wear naruto headbands in public as part of their civies?(Yes, they exist, I've seen them, with my eyes), I've seen them in real life, That kind of person who obsesses over things that neither matter in any real sense to anyone or can bring them any kind of real benefit, and then wonders why people don't admire them for it? We get it kid, you own a PS3/watch Naruto/read comic books/caught em all, but you know what is really needed? Them getting their asses kicked. I don't know what it would solve, I can't say how it would fix anything, but it just feels right doesn't it? I don't mean hard enough to give them permanent injuries, but by all means rough em up a little. But as I said before, it just feels like the right response. Call me primitive, sometimes progress and change aren't for the better.