ps3 or xbox

akla44

Mar 31, 2009
im mostly a pc gamer but ive been thinking about buying a new console i stil play my original ps1 when im in the mood. of the 2 what one would you buy and why also what console has the most rpg games thanks in advance akla

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Psychosocial said:
Oh shit! Console wars incoming, run!

I personally prefer the Xbox 360, won't go in deeper on why, because then I might have the PS3 fanboys kill me.
we shall PURGE you from the earth, infadel! muahahhahahahahahahhaahhha!!!

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Neither, they both annoy me. Especially their "fanbases."

PC Gaming shall triumph over all.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
It completly depends if you are more intrested in online gaming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

360 has arguably the best RPG's with Fable II, Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Lios said:

The fanbase there isn't really less annoying.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Vlane said:
Lios said:

What annoys me about the fan wars between xbox and ps3 lovers is that they can't come up with any good reasons about why one is better than the other, while we who love our desktops and towers can come up with countless pros over the common console.

porkfryrice616

Feb 11, 2009
If you have a decent amount of money. Just flip a coin no reason to use logic to decide which one you want. Both consoles have very similar games anyway, so you aren't really missing out on any thing really special if you choose one over the other, despite what anyone else says.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Lios said:

The irony is staggering.

To the OP: Borrow the systems or play them at a friends and then decide

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Lios said:
Vlane said:
Lios said:

What annoys me about the fan wars between xbox and ps3 lovers is that they can't come up with any good reasons about why one is better than the other, while we who love our desktops and towers can come up with countless pros over the common console.
So, what your saying is their opinion, which doesn't match your opinion, must be wrong and your own opinion must clearly be right.

PC is just another platform for gaming, just like Xbox, Playstation, Wii and others.

To the OP, I like my Xbox when it works, but for reliablity, you can't beat the PS3 or Wii. Of those two, I would go PS3 just because there are more than 3 good games for it.

0olong

Apr 1, 2009
3 forgettable RPGs that didn't live up to the hype that generated. I know I'll get flamed or targeted as a Fanboy, but the point is that 360 is more targeted to the thick neck crowd. If you like games like Gears of War or Halo then by all means go for a 360. Yes you do have the added bonus of a Blu-Ray player with a PS3. I'm not into the whole Netflix thing through any console as the library available to them is lacking in new titles.

I had a 360 and wasn't too fond of it after a year, so I got rid of it and stayed with my PS3. It depends on the person.

They both have FF13 coming in the not so distant future, so if you want one Blu-Ray or 5 DVDs the choice is yours.

porkfryrice616

Feb 11, 2009
cthulhuween said:
360. PS3 had its chance and blew it.
If the PS3 was doing as bad as the Sega Saturn back in the day I would agree with you but it's still to early to say that the PS3 has blown anything... or anyone.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
The xbox 360 would be my preference, but I don't want to argue with PS3 fans so I'll leave the why out.

akla44

Mar 31, 2009
D_987 said:
It completly depends if you are more intrested in online gsming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

360 has arguably the best RPG's with Fable II, Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery.
lost odyssey not familar with that game at all, you cant go online with ps3 for some reason i though both could do that oh well xbox it is the online part interest me cause my wife steels my pc hers died couple weeks ago. id rather spend a few hundred on xbox than another 1200 or so for new pc.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
I have both, and much prefer my 360 over the PS3. In fact the only reason I even got my PS3 was for MGS4, and the fact that at the time, blu-ray players were around the same price, hence it only made sense. Nowadays, my PS3 only sits around collecting dust, waiting for the next good game to arrive, i.e. Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. All multi-platform titles I get for my 360 as there is usually a better turnaround for updates and patches, plus DLC.

Also, to those that say that we cannot justify one over the other, how's this : download a demo for anything on your 360, and the same on the PS3. You notice how the download on the 360 automatically installs it? Yeah, the PS3 doesn't do that. Anytime any, and I mean any, piece of software gets downloaded onto the PS3, not only does the download take longer, but then you have to wait for it to be installed, which means you cannot do anything. Go make a sandwich? Sure, but why would I when I can download and have it installed in a fraction of the time on my 360. Oh, and that's just one of the many reasons.