ps3 or xbox

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Lios said:
Vlane said:
Lios said:
Neither, they both annoy me. Especially their "fanbases."

PC Gaming shall triumph over all.
The fanbase there isn't really less annoying.
What annoys me about the fan wars between xbox and ps3 lovers is that they can't come up with any good reasons about why one is better than the other, while we who love our desktops and towers can come up with countless pros over the common console.
Dingo is pretty good with reasons, However wrong he is that Sony = God

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
akla44 said:
D_987 said:
It completly depends if you are more intrested in online gsming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

360 has arguably the best RPG's with Fable II, Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery.
lost odyssey not familar with that game at all, you cant go online with ps3 for some reason i though both could do that oh well xbox it is the online part interest me cause my wife steels my pc hers died couple weeks ago. id rather spend a few hundred on xbox than another 1200 or so for new pc.
Lost Odyssey is possibly my favourite game - and I'm not a JRPG fan. A review I wrote on the game is located in the link I'll leave at the bottom of this post.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.96887#1505354

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Sky+ HD makes better sense for movie rentals than collecting expensive Blu-Ray discs for some PS3 - even if you don't get the commentaries.

The Xbox 360 gamepad tips the balance gameplay-wise between the two. Just look at what people have said about the controls of Killzone 2, what ought to be a system-seller is hampered by mushroom-like thumbsticks that have overly-large "dead-zones". The PS3 is fine for Little Big Planet and Motorstorm (even MGS4 isn't overly compromised as much of the action is third-person). However, if you play FPSs you should at least try a 360 online before you reject it out of hand.

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
D_987 said:
It completly depends if you are more intrested in online gaming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

360 has arguably the best RPG's with Fable II, Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery.
uhhh, lost odyssey is the only one worth keeping in that little list of yours.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
They're both the same. Sony just screwed up with the Playstation 3 simply 'cause they spent to much on developing the console itself, then put it on the market with a High Price. Since it had barely any games, everyone went with the Xbox since it wasn't THAT different. Now 3 years later games finally start to arrive, but the next console generation is almost here.

My suggestion. Go with the Xbox 360. But it's you're choice.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
ultimatechance said:
D_987 said:
It completly depends if you are more interested in online gaming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

Is it just me or have you become a massive jerk recently on this forum?

Before, or at least to me - it appeared you respected other peoples opinions and were attempted to post intelligently on these forums. Now all I seem to see from you is sarcastic digs at peoples subjective opinions as a reviewer I thought you would understand everyone has their own idea of what a good game is or isn't.

If your going to try and insult my opinion at least use capital letters for crying out loud...

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
0olong said:
3 forgettable RPGs that didn't live up to the hype that generated. I know I'll get flamed or targeted as a Fanboy, but the point is that 360 is more targeted to the thick neck crowd. If you like games like Gears of War or Halo then by all means go for a 360. Yes you do have the added bonus of a Blu-Ray player with a PS3. I'm not into the whole Netflix thing through any console as the library available to them is lacking in new titles.

I had a 360 and wasn't too fond of it after a year, so I got rid of it and stayed with my PS3. It depends on the person.

They both have FF13 coming in the not so distant future, so if you want one Blu-Ray or 5 DVDs the choice is yours.
Or not get the game? beacuse its dare I say it? Bad?

*gets shot at by fanboys*
Bring IT!
*enter climatic battle here*
Yyyeeehhh I win!

The Oddfellow

League Of United Oddfellows
Jan 30, 2009
I would say... Xbox 360.

PS3

Free Online
Bluray
More Advanced
Internet Browsing
Home
No RROD
Friendlier

XBOX 360

Cheaper
Better Headset
Party Chat
Private Chat
Messenger
More Accessories
Easier to use

(There probably many more points but im too tired to think of the rest)

puppybeard

Oct 29, 2008
I lived in a house that had all of the Big 3 consoles.
The 360 ruled over the others.
The Wii got taken out when people were drunk.
The PS3 really just gathered dust.

Some would say that movie lovers would prefer the PS£, because of Blue Ray and crap. In my experience, you can get a lot more out of 360, because you can download half the world to your pc, and then watch it on your 360 via the network. I think it can be done on PS3 too somehow, but we never figured it out.

PS3 has started to catch up in terms of having a good range of games though 360 still has more which appeal to me. A bonus of the PS3 is that charging the controllers from the console and then going wireless is a standard function. On 360 you have to waste AA batteries or go and buy a play and charge kit.

If you want some cheap, cheeky value for money, pick the one most of your mates have and borrow the games they've finished already.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I've played both. I enjoy the xbox more, there are a lot of games that are cool and load times are less of a problem (at least it seemed to me.) Kinda wish I had a PS3 though.

PopperThingi

Mar 25, 2009
I think the 360 is better, mosly due to price and online. But Im a Pc gamer, so I guess I don't count.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
Uncompetative said:
The Xbox 360 gamepad tips the balance gameplay-wise between the two. Just look at what people have said about the controls of Killzone 2, what ought to be a system-seller is hampered by mushroom-like thumbsticks that have overly-large "dead-zones".
You do realize that those dead zones you speak of were put in by the game developer and not the hardware right??

Oh well I guess it really depends on what you want from a system if you have a large back catalog of PS1 games the ps3 plays them very well and free online play. The 360 online is a little more robust with party systems and such but then again you do pay per month for online play. PS3 has hi def blu ray player if you are so inclined as to want one and wifi built in also if you need it. XBox 360 lacks these but is cheaper for initial sales price.
XBox has netflix streaming(if you are a gold member and a netflix subscriber), Sony has the PSN with movies and such(costs money to rent the movies or TV shows). Both are very good at hi-def Gaming and both have a decent catalog of really good games.

I agree with the poster that said try the systems and make a informed purchase. I would also suggest going through what games are out for the systems and what games are coming that you would want to play and weigh that into the decision too.

My personal preference is the PS3 I do like my xbox but the PS3 controller feels better to me personally. If you have the money to spend my best suggestion is to buy both :). Or since it sounds like you only have a ps1 the PS2 is now 99 bucks and has a bigger catalog of games then the ps3 and xbox combined. Really depends on what you want.

tommo8993

Dec 22, 2008
TonsilTerror said:
I would say... Xbox 360.

PS3

Free Online
Bluray
More Advanced
Internet Browsing
Home
No RROD
Friendlier

XBOX 360

Cheaper
Better Headset
Party Chat
Private Chat
Messenger
More Accessories
Easier to use

(There probably many more points but im too tired to think of the rest)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3484/3179630409_90df317c9f.jpg cheaper???

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
D_987 said:
ultimatechance said:
D_987 said:
It completly depends if you are more interested in online gaming - in which case 360 - or movie watching alongside games in which case PS3.

Before, or at least to me - it appeared you respected other peoples opinions and were attempted to post intelligently on these forums. Now all I seem to see from you is sarcastic digs at peoples subjective opinions as a reviewer I thought you would understand everyone has their own idea of what a good game is or isn't.

If your going to try and insult my opinion at least use capital letters for crying out loud...
Maybe he is.... but he's right about the fact that Fable II sucks ass man. It just does. However, that shouldn't discourage you from defending the 360's OTHER excellent game choices.

anguaji

Jul 22, 2008
i prefer a lot of the games for my xbox, and i found the lower price tag on both the system and the games a big draw when i bought mine over a year ago. with a little tinkering, it's possible to get your home entertainment thang going through it nicely, too, so it can be full of features with only a little effort.

but the ps3 does all that out the box, and (quite importantly, maybe) has wi-fi built in, so i suppose your choice is dictated mostly by budget, game choice, online gaming and functionality. they're both great systems and i think it's a great time to be a gamer, so you'll have fun deciding where to throw your pennies! :D

oh, let us know what you decide ;)

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I agree with midpipps 100%, because it all depends on what you want and what you expect.

I own all 3 consoles, but I play the 360 most. It all depends.

vacuumbrand

Apr 1, 2009
Wrong. If you choose the "Turn off system" option, I usually want it to power itself off after the demos are done downloading. When I come back, lo and behold: my demos are already installed!

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
D_987 said:
ultimatechance said:
D_987 said:

no, i just have a massive dislike for fable 2. Ill be nice enough to admit i said it in an insulting way, although i didnt really aim for insulting. I just found infinite undiscovery to be ok, while fable 2 being horrible. But its a forum, everyone has their own right to say w/e. not saying youre wrong, i just disagree (well, highly), as i think there are much better RPGs on the 360, as well as there being some better ps3 ones.

ps: the grammar nazi'ing wasnt necessary, i dont care about it when make casual posts on forums.
pss: Maybe i was a jerk in that post, but what makes you think ive changed at all recently? I dont think I have.