PS3 Owners Are Pissing Me Off

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Newsflash! Some people like playing their games online. It's crazy and kind of hard to believe, I know, but some people are like that.

/sarcasm

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Who cares what system people own? If they want to spend tons of money due to this fiasco, let them. Xbox live is fun, too. (I say this owning an xbox and a ps3)

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Adam Gadal said:
EcksTeaSea said:
tony2077 said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Its not a question of PSN down, its the matter of Sony's security was lax enough so that their information could be stolen. Trust is the problem, not PSN being down.
do you know for certain that there security was law enough for this to happen and not just the fact that the hacker was good. I'm not going to defend either side of this i just want the real truth which we may never get. there are 3 sides to every story!!
Just saying, thats the problem. Information was stolen a huge scale and I wouldn't want to go back to a company that lost it.
So are you saying if the same thing happened with Microsoft you would sell your PC and get a Mac and sell your Xbox 360 and get a PS3? Don't mean to be nitpicking, but if your answer to my question is no, then in truth your concern in invalid imo =\
I think we can both agree that PC information is up to the safekeeping of the user of the PC, not the company. However in a console case you give your information to the company for safekeeping and expect it to never be taken. So yes if someone stole my information from Live, I would dump my 360.

Phoenixmgs said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Trust is the problem, not PSN being down.
How so? We don't even know if they got card information. They got your name, address, and stuff but it's not like that information is hard to get anyways. I got a new debit card just in case and it took me about a minute to do via my bank's website. I'm not worried at all about anything, I don't see why anyone else would be. Plus, you know Sony is going to be on the ball with security due to this so what's not to trust.
Thats the problem though, now that they have dropped the ball they are gonna fix it which should have been fixed before hand. How do you let a giant loophole like this slide? Doesn't matter that they got regular stuff, fact remains they got all, if not most, of user information. Thats a huge downfall in my eyes. While its not hard at all to get a new card and change security, Sony dropped the ball big time. Stuff like this isn't supposed to be taken from a company. Its like putting your money in the bank, but only for the bank to get robbed and then finding out they didn't protect it well enough.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Well, to be fair, PSN being down is kind of a big inconvenience to what I'm able to do and play. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely keeping it and I'm not one of those "RAWR SONY IS EVIL" people, but I don't really have the time or money to go shopping around for new games in retail. A lot of my current gaming life comes because I can download cheaper older games off of the PSN.

So, PSN being down kind of means I haven't got anything new to play at all at the moment. Good thing is that I'm pretty chock full studying so it's not like it's that big an inconvenience that I can't buy new games I wouldn't have the time to play anyway, but, yeah, it being down is kind of annoying, since it basically means I won't be playing anything different for a while.

Adam Gadal

May 2, 2011
Miles Tormani said:
Adam Gadal said:
You can hardly run Warcraft 3? Seriously? o.o
What are you running Windows 98? =S
All you can respond with is a snarky comment?

This conversation is over. I don't think I can stand to hear anymore fanboy logic today.
I am sorry, it wasn't meant to be a snarky comment. It was as serious question. I could see you possibly having a PC that would have trouble running Warcraft 3, yet at the same time I don't see what purpose a PC of that low caliber could serve these days.

I love technology, whether it's a PC or Mac, or Xbox Playstation or Wii =\

I was just answering your well thought out rebuttals with my own answers. However trying to picture your PC kind of caught me off guard and peeked my interest.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I still play my ps3 more than my xbox, despite the network being down. I just like the ps3 more. I don't have anything personal against the xbox, it's just I don't care for it as much anymore. That and I only have 3 games for it... vs the 10+ games I have for the ps3.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Adam Gadal said:
Why is it you NEED to play video games online? There are SO many things you can do offline. I mean there are so many good new games you can play; Mortal Kombat (sorry Australians :( ), Portal 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, LittleBigPlanet2. Geeze, that is only naming some new releases. There is also older stuff like God of War (1-3), LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed (1/2), Heavy Rain, heck even devil May Cry 4 if it fits your fancy!
Just a guess, but you could very well be done with those games' singleplayer by now. The latest release on your list, Portal 2, I was done with it's singleplayer within maybe 2 days.

Adam Gadal said:
So you don't want to play those games single player. Fine, how about try something NEW? There are THOUSANDS of FREE video games you can download for the PC that are extremely fun!
Congratulations on your opinion. I can tell you there's a large group of PC gamers, myself included, who would disagree with you. I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for something decent to come out, I haven't seen a single game to tickle my fancy in a while now. The free to play games generally don't hold my interest, I'm just not into those kinds of games, at least the ones I've seen (feel free to link me a few and I'll try them if you'd like to prove me wrong).

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
There are plenty of titles that can be enjoyed without any online at all available for the PS3. I'll list a few some I even own.
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Mass Effect 2 (PS3) -Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in time
- Dead Space 1-2 -Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Dragon Age 2 -Mortal Kombat
- Crysis 2 -Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3
- Portal 2 -Bioshock 1-2
- Red Dead Redemption - Killzone 3
- Borderlands

And MANY MORE to come (LA Noire, Catherine, FEAR 3, Duke Nukem, Last Guardian Uncharted).
I find it extremely stupid to get rid of a console you paid $400 (me) and $60/per game for a different system that will cost you $249 + $60/per game + Xbox Live services, Just because
the PSN network is down?

How are they gonna feel when PSN is back up again soon? I don't understand how someone can buy
the PS3 only to play competitive multiplayer titles online and nothing more? If your that concerned about how your credit card was affected by these attacks (you have good reason) then please tell me how spending upwards of nearly $400 on another console will help you recover any lost money? Your just losing that way, if your really in trouble than contact your bank and work the whole legal system. Complaining won't get the service back any sooner and action is being taken so be patient and understanding. There will be plenty of regret that goes around once PSN is back up and there backlog of games and saves have been sold away.

The Nintendo 3DS, PSP 3000, and PC are all great gaming platforms that can tide you off on their own for unlimited amounts of fun. Even the Nintendo Wii had a price cut to $150 with titles like Zelda Twilight Princess and Smash Bros Brawl only $20! No reason to get rid of your PS3, if you don't have any single player titles just acquire one of these consoles or simply go outside and discover new things that can keep you busy. :)

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
The whole Sony hack has made me cancel my credit card and stop playing online period. And I'm an xbox user. If you must play online, be smart about it.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
Phoenixmgs said:
We don't even know if they got card information. They got your name, address, and stuff but it's not like that information is hard to get anyways. I got a new debit card just in case and it took me about a minute to do via my bank's website. I'm not worried at all about anything, I don't see why anyone else would be. Plus, you know Sony is going to be on the ball with security due to this so what's not to trust.
Thats the problem though, now that they have dropped the ball they are gonna fix it which should have been fixed before hand. How do you let a giant loophole like this slide? Doesn't matter that they got regular stuff, fact remains they got all, if not most, of user information. Thats a huge downfall in my eyes. While its not hard at all to get a new card and change security, Sony dropped the ball big time. Stuff like this isn't supposed to be taken from a company. Its like putting your money in the bank, but only for the bank to get robbed and then finding out they didn't protect it well enough.
I don't know exactly what Sony security and safeguards were but I'm pretty sure security wasn't as tough as it should've been. I don't understand how that affects future trust towards Sony and PSN. You know damn well they are going to fix their security and PSN will probably be more secure than Live and Nintendo's system. It's like why you would fire an employee for making a big (but honest) mistake when you know that employee is going to double/triple check themselves from now on so they don't ever do that that again. If you hire a new employee and fire the other guy, chances are higher that the new guy is going to make that same mistake than the other guy that made the original mistake.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
Iwata said:
Dude, my PS3 is my favorite console, and I don't give a fuck about multiplayer.

I do, however, like to browse the Playstation Store, buy games in it, and I have a few single-player games whose vouchers I can't redeem. None of that is enough to make me get rid of my PS3, though. I've had far worse experiences with my 3 (!!!) X-Box 360's (because they kept busting up) and my neglected Wii.
Everytime I see your username I scream It's islam!.
On topic I love my ps3, but I was hoping to play online on dead read redemption (witch I just got)

DiabloBub666

Aug 1, 2010
Perhaps your friends all thought that now would just be a good time to switch, and is using the PSN as a scapegoat because they didn't want to hurt your feelings.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
hey good riddance if you want to pack up your bags and go over to the 360 be my guest because maybe now the majority of the annoying little kids and plain annoying people will be gone. as for me I'll stick by the PS3 and if you don't like that then you can crawl back to your 360 or wii.

plank_man180

Jan 14, 2011
Well, if they choose to take PSN offline when the Gears of War 3 beta is running then I have nothing to complain about.

... Oh, looks like they did.

Then I don't care, my PS3 can sit and rest for now :)