PS3 Slim "Does Everything," Says Ads

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i kinda liked "its a nut you can play whit outside", but these are great for a sony, i saw those game face ones and yeiks, now only thing left to ask is will the ps3 also cost 299 in denmark, if so its the same price as the wii.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
CapnJack said:
Can't believe the man who wrote this article forgot about one of the creepiest PS3 commercials ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU
geez, that was freaking scary.

but it works.
if you dont buy a ps3 your unborn children will be possessed by sonys marketing adviser.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I quite enjoyed those adverts. Pleasantly surprising actually considering some of the crap Sony releases to flog their wares.

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
Does it make the tea and toast and skin up for you? Or find your idiot housemates keys who decides they want to look under your seat just as an online match start? Or let the cat out/back in/back out again when its being an attention seeking little shit? Or fob off the landlord when you spend the rent on a new game? I'm going to buy one then sue when it fails at all of the above...

Generator

May 8, 2009
CapnJack said:
Can't believe the man who wrote this article forgot about one of the creepiest PS3 commercials ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU
Holy crap! I don't remember it being that scary.

OT: Of course it doesn't do everything, but give Sony a break. After all, they finally created an ad that doesn't scare me.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
MiserableOldGit said:
Does it make the tea and toast and skin up for you? Or find your idiot housemates keys who decides they want to look under your seat just as an online match start? Or let the cat out/back in/back out again when its being an attention seeking little shit? Or fob off the landlord when you spend the rent on a new game? I'm going to buy one then sue when it fails at all of the above...
I see what you did thar ^_^

I like these ads , well done. Lets just hope they keep doing more ones like this.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
I thought the Japanese ones were much funnier, for different reasons obviously...but there's no accounting for taste. Mine or the Japanese.

MiserableOldGit said:
Does it make the tea and toast and skin up for you?
I like to skin up for myself. I find it soothing...shit I just knocked over my joint typing...

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
Aww, David Lynch is awesome, and the Bambi commercial is funny because it's surprising.
The PS3 Slim commericals are also funny, because they're obviously just people being really into whatever game they're playing.. Have you ever seen what someone's face does when they are intensely focused on a game? It's not pretty. All they're doing is exaggerated reality to be disturbing, and it's quite clever.
If you really want to talk about weird Sony commercials, these are not it. What about "Mental Wealth" by Chris Cunningham? Or the Baby commercial, along with the other PS3 ones?

DeathsAmbassador

Mar 7, 2008
That was pretty good, a lot better than their god awful campaigns in the past. And the guy sounded like Jerry Seinfeld in the end of the second add when he said "whats wrong with him".

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Wow, I haven't seen a funny or clever ad from Sony since the Crash Bandicoot ads from the 90's.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
My personal favourite amongst the many disturbing old PlayStation adverts. Part of the PS2's "The Third Place" campaign. I can still quote it verbatim.

"LOOK AT ME! I AM TEETH, I AM FUR, I AM DRIBBLE!"

"I AM WOLFMAN! I HATE BEING BORED AND I CAN PUNCH SUNS!"

Wonderful stuff.

Kimberland

Aug 21, 2008
Will, it bring the girl i love back, bring back my uncle and kitty, and bring my family out of dept?

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I like the second advert, he doesn't like candles, COME OOOON!

I chuckled... still not buying a ps3

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
Do people who still take ads literally even exist anymore? If they do, how the hell did they get their hands on a keyboard connected to internet?! That's bizarre.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Well done, Sony. Those were absolutely brilliant. A well-earned golf clap for you, my friends.

Also, "Come ONNNNNNN" is the new Escapist motto.