PSN Down Worldwide; Is Anonymous to Blame?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
ArmorArmadillo said:
drunken_munki said:
ArmorArmadillo said:
drunken_munki said:
ArmorArmadillo said:
While, Anonymous certainly stepped in it. Not only do they bungle their attacks by hurting users instead of Sony, but they hand Sony an automatic scapegoat for future outages.
Sony, have clearly demonstrated, that they hurt their own users.
Have they clearly demonstrated that they attack their own servers? What exactly would they stand to gain by doing this?
1. Removing backwards compatibility from PS3
2. PS3 and games pricing in EU... You pay more for the hardware and are behind on game releases.
3. Installing root kits onto user's PCs
4. Sony fuck up PSN for the pre-slim PS3s
5. Sony dropping Linux on PS3

Apart from that, no they are AMAZING!!!1111wda
Yeah, but what does this have to do with THIS situation? So they took down the PSN because they just hate users and are evil and apparently they're a captain planet villain? Criticisms really should rely on logic not just "They're a corporation and they're evil and hate linux!"
logic why the heck would we want to rely on that its pointless and we're not Vulcan

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
*glaces at PS3 games* this means little to me, given my PS3 is just a DVD player at this point, it would probably try an cry rape if i plugged the Ethernet cable into the back of it XD

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
FreedomofInformation said:
solidsnake101023 said:
If this really is the work of Anonymous i have one thing to say well done you have ruined in between 1 and 50 million peoples holidays to defend some a hole who deserved everything that happened to him.
The work of Sony did it by sticking you on the shaky PSN where your online gaming could be stopped easily if it suited them.

numbersix1979 said:
Or! *gasp* Could it just mean that Anons are a bunch of grudge-carrying, self entitled dicks with nothing better to do than be a giant pain in the ass?
No no no no, self entitled dicks are all the whiners who couldn't care less what Sony were up to so long as it didn't annoy them which wasn't a very bright stance as now their getting a taste of their own medicine.
It doesn't matter who is responsible for downtime.
But of course it matters who's responsible for the downtime. If it's not Sony's fault, then it's not Sony's fault.

numbersix1979

Jun 14, 2010
FreedomofInformation said:
solidsnake101023 said:
If this really is the work of Anonymous i have one thing to say well done you have ruined in between 1 and 50 million peoples holidays to defend some a hole who deserved everything that happened to him.
The work of Sony did it by sticking you on the shaky PSN where your online gaming could be stopped easily if it suited them.

numbersix1979 said:
Or! *gasp* Could it just mean that Anons are a bunch of grudge-carrying, self entitled dicks with nothing better to do than be a giant pain in the ass?
No no no no, self entitled dicks are all the whiners who couldn't care less what Sony were up to so long as it didn't annoy them which wasn't a very bright stance as now their getting a taste of their own medicine.
It doesn't matter who is responsible for downtime.
I think it's safe to say A) There can be more than one group of dicks at this particular PSN circle jerk, and that B) You're blaming the victim.